Myst IV: Revelation FAQ Version 2.0 New and Improved as of Oct. 13, 2004

#1 User is offline   Annacat 

• By the Weaving!
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:297373

Posted 30 December 2003 - 10:21 PM

FAQ

About the Forum

Q. So why is the Myst IV Forum split in two? What is the difference?
A. Basically the Non-Spoiler General Forum is a place people can discuss the game in general without having details "revealed" to them. That forum must be kept absolutely free of spoilers so that it will be safe even for people who aren't playing the game to look at it and not have anything ruined for them. In the Spoiler Forum you may post spoilers, but please remember not everyone will complete the game at the same rate and they may not want spoilers for the parts they haven't finished. To be respectful of them, please choose a topic title that is descriptive enough people will be able to tell approximately where you are in the game and generally what the thread is about. Moderators may edit the thread title if this is not sufficiently clear. End game spoilers must not only be tagged but also clearly labelled as "end game" unless the thread title explicitly states that the end game will be discussed! Please note: Neither forum is for technical support or hints. Tech issues should go here and hint requests go here.

Q. So how do I spoiler tag something?
A. [*spoiler]insert text here[*/spoiler], remove the *s. It will look like this...
Click here to view a spoiler.

Q. Help! My game isn't working! Where can I ask for assistance?
A. You may ask the forum for tech for the entire Myst Series here at MC or try Ubi's Myst IV Tech Forum.

Q. Help! I'm stuck! Where can I get hints?
A. You can ask for hints in MystCommunity's Myst IV Hints and Tips Forum. Please be specific in your request so people will know how to help you and where you are in the game.

About the Game

Q. Has Myst IV been released yet?
A. Yes it has! You can find it at your local retailer or online.

Q. What are the system requirements for Myst IV: Revelation?
A.
--PC System Requirements
# Supported OS: Windows 98SE/2000/Me/XP (only)
# Processor: 800 MHz Pentium III or AMD Athlon or better
# RAM: 128 MB RAM (256 MB required for XP)
# Video Card: 32 MB DirectX 9-compliant video card (see supported list below)
# Sound Card: DirectX 9-compliant sound card
# DirectX: DirectX 9.0 (included on disc)
# DVD: 4x DVD or faster
# Hard Drive Space: 1.4 GB free
# Peripherals Supported: Mouse, keyboard
# Display: 800 x 600
# Supported Video Cards at time of release: ATI Radeon 7500 to 9800 or better; NVIDIA GeForce 1/2/3/4/FX families; Matrox Parhelia and Matrox 6400, 6450, 6550 (PC only). Laptop models of these cards not supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. Additional chipsets may be supported after release. For an up-to-date list of supported chipsets, please visit the FAQ for this game on our support website at support.ubi.com.
--Macintosh System Requirements
# Supported OS: OSX 10.2, 10.3 (only)
# Processor: eMac G4 or eBook G4
# RAM: 128 MB RAM
# Video Card: 32 MB video card (3D acceleration optional)
# Sound Card: Standard
# QuickTime: Version 5 or higher
# DVD: 4x DVD or faster
# Hard Drive Space: 200 MB free
# QuickTime: Version 5 or higher
# Display: 640 x 480
# Supported video cards at time of release: ATI Radeon 7500 to 9800 or better; NVIDIA GeForce 1/2/3/4/FX families
**This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some DVD-RW and virtual drives.

Q. Does Myst IV require a DVD drive?
A. Yes, the game ships only on DVD.

Q. Did Cyan make Myst IV?
A. No. Myst IV was developed in house by the talented team at Ubisoft.

Q. Is Uru Myst IV?
A. No, they are different games. Uru was released in November 2003, followed by two expansion packs, and Revelation was released September 2004. Both games are currently available for purchase.

Q. Is Myst IV a direct sequel to Myst, Riven, and Exile rather than set on a different timeline like Uru?
A. Yes. :braces:

Q. Is Myst IV realtime or prerendered?
A. Prerendered.

Q. Can I use my avatar?
A. No, unlike Uru there are no avatars in Myst IV.

Q. Is it true the Collector's Edition of Myst IV is not available in the United States?
A. Yes. The CE is available from retailers outside of North America and from Candian Best Buy stores. The CE is not currently available from any US retailer.

Helpful Lynx Links

Ubi's Myst: Revelation Website

Myst Worlds (Ubi's general Myst Series Site)

Ubi's Myst IV Forum

Ubisoft

Questions? Corrections? Additions? Suggestions? Please PM me. Thanks for taking the time to read this and have fun playing Myst IV! :)

Annacat

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users