Mysterium Tshirts

#1 User is offline   Scraper 

• choortahn (learner)
  • Group: Mysterium Committee

Posted 18 June 2004 - 07:29 AM

!shorah

We are pleased to congratulate NetWatcher for designing the winning image
for the Mysterium 2004 Tshirts! To see his and the rest of the images
submitted, you can go here A very hearty thanks to everyone who contributed!

Mysterium 2004 Tshirts will be available shortly in our CafePress store. Mysterium 2003 Tshirts will be discontinued at that time, so order yours now if you haven't yet!

Again, thanks to all the artists who have submitted their wonderful artwork
for Mysterium this year. We couldn't do it without you!

- Scraper -
- Mysterium Committee -

#2 User is offline   Annacat 

• By the Weaving!
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:297373

Posted 18 June 2004 - 11:20 AM

Great job, NetWatcher! :blink: They look excellent!

Annacat

#3 User is offline   T'resah the Scrivener 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Member

Posted 19 June 2004 - 11:44 AM

Thanks, that is a beautiful design. Just ordered mine :blink:

T'resah, who has too many shirts

#4 User is offline   Scraper 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:27 PM

Just received my order today. They look great!

- Scraper -

#5 User is offline   Erithan 

• telnahvah (guildmaster)

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:34 AM

Crossposting from UO (as it hasn't been answered yet):

Cafe Press charges outrageous 'handling' fees through its shipping agent, DHL, for Canadian and International customers. I know the last time I ordered a shirt on there it cost me upwards of $30.00USD with the hidden fees attached. Are you planning to bring any shirts up for people to buy at the convention so they can avoid the nasty handling fees which make the shirts quite expensive if ordered via mail to international locations?

#6 User is offline   Kha'tie 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:09 AM

Shoot Eri I wish I had known about this... I just ordered 6 and the shipping was the same for 1 or 6.

I would have put yours on my order. Maybe I'll just give you one of mine and order another later...

Come see me at T.O. if the Committee doesn't bring extras (they didn't last year since it's added and unecessary expense for them.)

:tongue:

#7 User is offline   Scraper 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:25 PM

In the past, it has always been impossible to judge how many of which sizes to get when we ordered tee shirts. We had to pay up front, and were always left with personal money invested in shirts we couldn't sell. CafePress eliminates these problems.

Using Cafe Press also allows everyone who wants a shirt to get it, even those who can't attend Mysterium. Additionally, those who buy their shirts ahead of time can wear them as soon as they arrive, which makes it easy to spot other Mysterium goers.

The shipping rates quoted by Cafe Press are $6 to Canada for one shirt with an 8-10 day delivery time. Extra shirts are $3 extra per shirt. We had no idea that the Canadian import duties would make the costs so high. With only one week left before Mysterium, it's probably too late to work out a way for us to bring your shirts with us. In the future we will try to work out a way to help Mysterium attendees who have special problems with Cafe Press.

- Scraper -
- Mysterium Committee -

#8 User is offline   Kha'tie 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:47 AM

Scraper,

Just want you to know that I think what you've done is enormous already and living in Canada I'm used to paying extra to get things from the US.

Perhaps next year we can find a company here in Canada to do what Cafe Press does.

In the meantime, no one should expect you to take on any more cost or schlepping than you already do! :)

See you there. :tongue:

#9 User is offline   Erithan 

• telnahvah (guildmaster)

Posted 16 July 2004 - 07:24 PM

Kha'tie, on Jul 16 2004, 12:47 PM, said:

Scraper,

Just want you to know that I think what you've done is enormous already and living in Canada I'm used to paying extra to get things from the US.

Perhaps next year we can find a company here in Canada to do what Cafe Press does.

In the meantime, no one should expect you to take on any more cost or schlepping than you already do! :)

See you there. :tongue:

I was not asking anyone to 'schlep' anything anywhere.

I order stuff online all the time - but I avoid any company which ships via UPS or any subsidiary. These shipping companies always have hidden 'brokerage and handling' fees which often cost as much as the product you want.

For example, I recently purchased a flag off the lord of the rings website, it cost me about $31US, then I got the surprise addon from UPS of $43.00US - I will not be ordering from there again.

The last time I ordered a Shirt from Cafe Press, it took forever to get here, and I got a surprise 'brokerage & handling' bill from their shipper. It made the $15.00 shirt too rich for my blood, and I decided to avoid ordering from them again in the future.

As I said, it is specific companies who like to tack these fees on. I once ordered a 22 string lever harp from the US, and it was understandibly large and bulky - deserving of a handling fee - its fee was about the same as the flag from the LotR site. Go figure.

I don't have bags of gold, being a full time student, so I have to be careful about how I spend the extra $10 - that could feed me for a few days, or pay exorbenant brokerage fees on a luxury item.

Most conventions I attend have (pre)registration in order to determine needs for things like t-shirts. Having been a convention volunteer in the past, I must say this seemed to work. This is not a criticism of the Mysterium committee, rather an observation of another workable method.

In the end I'm not there for the t-shirt, I'm there to have fun. However, as more and more international fans attend the convention, it might be something to consider as so many of the fans are young and do not have a lot of leisure money to spend - particularly if they are saving to visit for the convention!

#10 User is offline   The MYSTerious 1! 

• shokhootahn (instructor)

Posted 16 July 2004 - 11:14 PM

Yeah, tfo kindly gave up his shirt so the shipping on my two wouldn't be exorbinant. :tongue:

Now all I have to worry about is if they'll get here on time.... :) :braces: :blink:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users