MYSTcommunity: Which Airport? - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Which Airport? local lore concerning taxis and such

#1 User is offline   T'resah the Scrivener 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Member

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:33 PM

I may be able to pull this trip off after all, but I have an urgent question or several:

Just where the heck is Pearson International Airport in relation to the official Mysterium hotel? Is it far? Is there a shuttle or bus? Cabs are supposed to be expensive (thanks for the inside info, Erithan) and I'm trying to scrimp a bit.

Or, just as an idea, can someone scoop up my lame posterior (plus luggage) sometime Friday morning? If not, then some information on the above would help me out. If Pearson is not too far, too inconvenient or too expensive, then I can book a flight tonight. My original plan to make this a road trip is down the proverbial sewer because of more urgent matters. I may be able sneak into town on a jet plane...

I may be spoiled. In Philadelphia, I found a train to downtown (cheap) and a pleasant walk to the hotel (cheap as you can get, thank goodness for wheeled luggage). I shouldn't depend on such luck, and my ignorance of any area east of the Rocky Mountains, let alone beautiful downtown Toronto, knows very few bounds.

So any inside information y'all can come up with, I would surely appreciate it.

T'resah, who promises to leave sharp objects home and travel light. :tongue:

#2 User is offline   TheOnlyAaron 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:23 PM

I have called the Days Hotel (Tel: 416-977-6655, 1-800-367-9601 Fax: 416-977-0502) asking this exact same question and they informed me of a shuttle that runs from the airport to their hotel, that can come and pick you up.

The only Downside is that it is $15 a trip, now mind you that is Canadian, so it is like 28, 30 cents? :tongue: :) :braces:

Anywho- if / when people are flying in, a joint shuttle pay-group of fun could help diffray the costs, if we all piled in.

#3 User is offline   chucker 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Admin
  • KI number:196082

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:17 PM

So anyone arriving in the afternoon of 21st?

#4 User is offline   T'resah the Scrivener 

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:22 AM

TheOnlyAaron, on Jul 6 2004, 08:23 PM, said:

I have called the Days Hotel (Tel: 416-977-6655, 1-800-367-9601 Fax: 416-977-0502) asking this exact same question and they informed me of a shuttle that runs from the airport to their hotel, that can come and pick you up.

The only Downside is that it is $15 a trip, now mind you that is Canadian, so it is like 28, 30 cents? :braces: :blink: :blush:

Anywho- if / when people are flying in, a joint shuttle pay-group of fun could help diffray the costs, if we all piled in.

Hey, Canadian currency is going up now--that's at least two bucks US. :)

But that's a good idea. I don't know when I'll be coming in yet, I'll post here when I do. Maybe a few of us can pool it. Too bad the hotel can't do a free shuttle. Lots of hotels here do that from Seatac, and it's 20 miles to downtown.

My prospects look better, but no Notorious Jake or Spealunker ;) .

T'resah, who will have to bring back Toronto souvenirs :tongue:

#5 User is offline   Rishahnu 

• telnahvah (guildmaster)

Posted 07 July 2004 - 07:44 AM

Yeah, this brings up a good point: If I am going by bus (as I intend to) how on earth am I to find you people? Where and when are we first meeting? And where are we agthering before that? The hotel?

#6 User is offline   Erithan 

Posted 07 July 2004 - 01:17 PM

TheOnlyAaron, on Jul 6 2004, 11:23 PM, said:

The only Downside is that it is $15 a trip, now mind you that is Canadian, so it is like 28, 30 cents? :tongue: :) :braces:

I don't advise taking a cab unless you are feeling wealthy or are in a rush... it will cost you about $30CDN into the city by cab.

You can take the TTC into the city for $2.25, but this will take a bit of time, and you have to haul your luggage on the subway (Dus has done this, I think).

The airport shuttle-bus from the hotel is a good option if you can spare the $15.

#7 User is offline   TheOnlyAaron 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 07 July 2004 - 02:44 PM

Rishahnu, on Jul 7 2004, 07:44 AM, said:

Yeah, this brings up a good point: If I am going by bus (as I intend to) how on earth am I to find you people? Where and when are we first meeting? And where are we agthering before that? The hotel?

Once you get to the hotel, you'll notice us.
I assure you :tongue:

#8 User is offline   T'resah the Scrivener 

Posted 09 July 2004 - 08:58 AM

Okay--it's done :) .

Made reservations, arriving Pearson about 10:20 AM on the 23rd. Coming solo. I'll be the goofball lady in jeans and a Myst hat.

Gad, I hate flying. But this is worth it.

T'resah, on the redeye out of...Atlanta? :tongue:

#9 User is offline   FahrmBoy 

Posted 13 July 2004 - 06:23 AM

Will anyone be at Pearson on the 22nd in mid-afternoon?

TK and I will be arriving in the 6 PM range, given there aren't delays or early take-offs, and it'd be nice to get a carpool going. :tongue:

#10 User is offline   Tay 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 13 July 2004 - 06:51 AM

FahrmBoy, on Jul 13 2004, 07:23 AM, said:

TK and I will be arriving in the 6 PM range, given there aren't delays or early take-offs, and it'd be nice to get a carpool going. :tongue:

Boo, I'll be there early morning the 23rd, I think.

Tay :)

#11 User is offline   chucker 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • KI number:196082

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:52 AM

Chan and I will arrive around 4 PM on 21st...

#12 User is offline   Free Bird 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • KI number:343012

Posted 13 July 2004 - 11:03 AM

FahrmBoy, on Jul 13 2004, 12:23 PM, said:

Marcel and I will land at 16:10, so we'll probably be a little too early, unless of course we're delayed.

#13 User is offline   CAGrayWolf 

• The Wolfmeister
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:03 PM

I'm flying into London ... so won't be able to help.

#14 User is offline   FahrmBoy 

Posted 13 July 2004 - 05:50 PM

Free Bird, on Jul 13 2004, 01:03 PM, said:

FahrmBoy, on Jul 13 2004, 12:23 PM, said:

Marcel and I will land at 16:10, so we'll probably be a little too early, unless of course we're delayed.

Heh, goodness, you don't have to wait around for us that long. :braces:

Though now that you've mentioned mobile phones, I'll be carrying mine, too, and perhaps if there is a delay, we could get together or something. If it's possible for anyone, please drop a me PM. :)

#15 User is offline   T'resah the Scrivener 

Posted 14 July 2004 - 01:24 PM

Though now that you've mentioned mobile phones, I'll be carrying mine, too, and perhaps if there is a delay, we could get together or something. 

That's a good idea..."early morning" sounds a bit early for me, though I'd love to ride in with you, Tay, if your'e around at 10:30 or 11 (is mom coming?). But don't wait. Airports are such fun places.

If anyone is coming into Pearson at anywhere near 11 AM, PM me for a cellphone number.

T'resah, looking forward to security checks :tongue:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users