MYSTcommunity: Mysterium in the SF Bay Area - MYSTcommunity

• 2 Pages +

Mysterium in the SF Bay Area Putting together a site...

#26 User is offline   Free Bird 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Admin
  • KI number:343012

Posted 17 August 2004 - 03:43 AM

I just found out today that I actually have family living in San Jose! :eyepop:
So unless circumstances change, SF Bay Area gets my vote! :cool:

#27 User is offline   Tay 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 August 2004 - 07:44 AM

Whatever happens, DON'T make something happen where the California votes are split between two places. That'll make it possibly appear like more people want a different location. The voting really needs to have more than just chosing the most desired spot. You need to be able to label all the places in order of preference or the voting won't acurately portray the desires of the teaming masses. :eyepop:

Tay

#28 User is offline   The Bracks 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 18 August 2004 - 12:56 PM

Free Bird, on Aug 17 2004, 02:43 AM, said:

I just found out today that I actually have family living in San Jose! :eyepop:
So unless circumstances change, SF Bay Area gets my vote! :cool:

Awesome! You're on the list now. :)

Tay -- I have the supporters for both cities listed on the same page (here), right next to each other, so that you can distinguish between who favors which city, but you can also see how many people want the bay area in general. Do you think that works?

#29 User is offline   Nepharious 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • Group: Member
  • Location:In my own personal universe, which I keep in a box.

Posted 18 August 2004 - 06:33 PM

Here's an idea.

SJ and SF are supposedly close together, right? Well, right now we can keep going with the lists as they are...but if a time should come that we need to, no matter what, get it IN California, we could combine them into a super tally (so we could be Minnesota).

Then, after they've selected SF and SJ area, we can decide amongst ourselve which one we want personally.

Groovy, right?

#30 User is offline   Daedalus 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 20 August 2004 - 03:58 PM

Just saw this thread, sorry if I rarely visit, it's nothing personal against you all! :eyepop: If I'm not mistaken, I think I'm the one you're looking for, mszv. :cool:

I'm in the process of creating a site for San Jose, CA -- I've been waiting to hear back from a few community members to set up an *official* site (perhaps some collaboration between the few of us).

I have some designs already done, but the brute of the site is yet to be created (don't want to make a full blown site only to find that there's already a great one made up). I'd like to hear just how many people support an SFBA Mysterium, and I think the site is a good outlet as we've seen how influential they can be to deciding a place.

I have some really cool ideas for the site that I hope can fly. :) I'll update you all when I hear word from the others.

#31 User is offline   Catherine 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 20 August 2004 - 05:13 PM

SFBAM2005 site created by The Bracks
See the links in our siggies Daedalus? The above site features both San Jose and San Francisco. If you are planning on doing one just for San Jose I suggest talking to The Bracks and perhaps you can split the sites.

I just got back from running into the City - San Francisco - and it would be so much more convenient to get around San Jose. So, I'm going to stick with my original suggestion and support San Jose for Mysteruim 2005. It's just much more user friendly and still has all the advantages of a big city. And it's really easy to get into the City - sorry, San Francisco - for a day sight-seeing trip.

#32 User is offline   The Bracks 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 20 August 2004 - 07:05 PM

Daedalus -- If you have a better site layout (I just stuck this one together in a hurry) and want to swipe the information from mine, I'd be fine with that. Or, if you want me to add any info that you have to the site I made, we can do that too. :eyepop:

(PM me to talk about it in more detail, I guess.)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users