MYSTcommunity: Moiety's MASS MYSTERIA Report - MYSTcommunity

• 2 Pages +

Moiety's MASS MYSTERIA Report

#1 User is offline   moiety 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Member

Posted 13 November 2004 - 10:07 PM

I know there already is a thread for Mass Mysteria pics (which I started, ironically), but I want these to go with my report so I thought this'd warrant a new thread. ;) Please feel free to use this as a discussion thread if you want! ;)

Moiety's MASS MYSTERIA Report

First of all, a big thank you to all who came! I am so very blessed to have been able to spend the afternoon with you. I love you all and you are all beautiful, amazing people! YOU ALL ROCK MY WORLD! :D

Jenny and Denise -- thank you for your kindness and humor. You know, it's true what they say. There really *is* a thing called Southern charm and hospitality, and you really are two of Mississippi's finest. I enjoyed your accents and insights into life immensely. I hope you enjoy your remaining day in Boston and find your way back to the airport! I love you both.

Shoomy/Claire -- your art rocks my world. I'm sorry you had to wait for me in the morning; I should have anticipated delays because of the snow and left earlier. ;) You are such a special and cool person and it was a delight to spend time with you. I am *intrigued* by your offer to meet up again and we *shall* collaborate on the Mass Mysteria Spring '05 shirts, and they shall be awesome! ;) Thanks for being a gem, and for holding all my stuff all day long. :)

Rivenwanderer/Christina -- after living in the same city for over a year now, we finally meet! You are such a caring and delicate creature -- love your poetry to death -- and we too should get together and do stuff again in the future. It was a pleasure to finally see you for real! ;)

Speedy -- i shall call you Kate and it's all Claire's fault. ;) You are one hypercaffeinated bundle of energy, and your blasphemous abuse of the Atrus action doll amused me muchly. Thanks for bringing the squee and the journal for us to sign! :D

Gobo, Pazuzu, Ja'de, GL -- You guys are all awesome and magnificent. It didn't matter that it was snowy and dreary -- you brought all the sunshine we needed. Thanks for coming and *do* join us in the spring. :cool:

==============================

Memorable Quotes (As Perceived By Easily Amused College Students)

Yeah, 90% by these are by Shoomy. She slays me. Funny woman. :eek: (She wrote down a few herself; I shall add them if she PMs them to me.)

"I choose you, Jaguar Effigy Vessel!"
-GL in the Museum of Fine Arts after moiety comments that one of the artifacts looks like a Pokemon. Laugher ensues.

"Isn't that horse's butt big?!" :o
-Shoomy provides invaluable artistic critique on one of Sargent's masterpieces

"We can call him Atrus The One-Legged Seagull and he can be our mascot!"
-Shoomy remarking on a one-legged (?!) seagull standing on a rail near Quincy Market

"Like, seriously." - Shoomy
"Sirrusly? Achenarly!" - Moiety

"I was trying to get my PHP to SQL..."
-Jenny, discussing her MovableType blog and web site

Pictures
These accompany my report, which follows bellow.

Twelve Hours To Go
The Gathering Spot as seen from my dorm window at 11 PM.

The Gatherers at 11 AM-ish as seen from my window.

The Group
Left to Right, front to back: Shoomlah, Denise, Rivenwanderer, Speedy, Pazuzu, Jenny, GL, Gobo. (Ja'de hasn't arrived yet and moiety is taking the picture.)

The Group, with highlights of friends who could not be closer but were with us nonetheless

Warrior B'nis
Shoomlah and Speedy (and b'nis!) in the MBE Library

Purpy knitting

Jenny, Pazuzu and 0.5 Gobo in the Library

Pazuzu and Gobo

A very happy Denise -- no doubt thanks to the Squee

Someone trying to poke out an eye of Denise and Rivenwanderer delighted at the drama ;)

Shoomy holding my umbrella while I take a horribly overexposed picture of her in the Hall of Ideas

GL writing in the Myst fan journal being sent around the world

Journal, Close-Up

Journal, zoomed and oriented so you can actually *read* what it says

Well, they call it the Hall of Ideas for a reason, no? ;)
GL looks on perplexed behind Shoomy.

The Ceiling of the Hall of Ideas

The Fountain of Ideas
Basically it's a swirling vortex of (warm!!) water with words being projected into it that crawl out of the pool, swim along the floor and then climb up on the wall to arrange themselves into quotations and stuff. :)

The fountain from a different perspective

The Architecture of the library and the Hall of Ideas
Very MYST-y

A fancy lamp -- perhaps of D'ni origin?

Lamp close-up

A DRC snowman we spotted on our way to Quincy Market

Approaching Quincy Market from City Hall Plaza

Samuel "Shoomy" Adams, local Revolutionary War veteran :um:

Ooooh, look at the pretty dome above my head!

Fancy Dome (Partial) Inscription

We sat in the Eggs Aisle on the second level.
Get it? "Eggs Aisle"? Eggzaile? Egxxile? Get it? Ain't we clever?! :)

Mmmmmh, food

Hungry "R" Us.

MUST-SEE: Shoomy's Doodles
Shoomy's food box had a "2" or an "e" or an "l" on it or something, and she magically transformed it into a Wahrk. I added some food for the Wahrk, and she added a second Wahrk eating fast food. ;)

INCREDIBLE
The remaining crew after watching THE INCREDIBLES. That describes our day as well -- Incredible indeed. ;)

Denise, Pazuzu, GL, Rivenwanderer, Jenny and Shoomlah.

(I will be adding the rest of my report tomorrow, but I *really* need to get some sleep now. ;) )

#2 User is offline   speedyserd 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 14 November 2004 - 12:40 AM

Just curious, but what did I do to Atrus? :cool: I don't recall anything...
Nice pictures! I'm definately stealing some of those to put in the squee photo album. Did you see mine in the picture thread? They all came out well (except the words on the floor did not come out... ;) )

#3 User is offline   moiety 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 14 November 2004 - 12:44 AM

speedyserd, on Nov 14 2004, 02:40 AM, said:

Just curious, but what did I do to Atrus? :cool: I don't recall anything...

Yes, I saw yours. :D

And what did you do, you ask? You stuck him in snow, that's what!! He's a sacred figure! He must be honored and prayed to at all times! And you put him in the snow?!?! ;) Don't worry, I'm just teasin' you. ;) :D

#4 User is offline   rivenwanderer 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00111929

Posted 14 November 2004 - 12:44 AM

;) aww... yay pictures!

oh oh, don't forget to scan the mayaPod :D

I myself had a wonderful time ^_^ I really should have gone to sleep earlier last night, but oh well. It was sooo great to meet all of you :cool: I actually didn't take any pictures of note (mostly because my camera was being silly). The gardener museum was so inspiring. I definitely should visit with a sketchbook and start blending neat things again. (In my, err, copius free time...) Anyways, that was The Best! Thank you all for the amazing day ;)

#5 User is offline   Aurélie 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 14 November 2004 - 08:28 AM

Sounds like an awesome day! Wish I could've been there. *curses, throws out the window, and gives evil eye to Trig, American Lit, and Biology projects, respectively* How did y'all like the Isabella Steward Gardner Museum? I went there over the summer with my family...my favorite part had to be the books, as I'm a complete bibliophile. :cool:

Anyone notice how many pictures there were of the Christ Child with some sort of bird? :D I swear there were at least 5. (And yes, I said that half so I could have an excuse to use the bird smiley) ;)

Well, I hope to see you all in spring!

-Aurélie ;)

#6 User is offline   Ja'de 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 14 November 2004 - 08:55 AM

I've fixed my mis spelled names and incorrect id's. Please let me know if I need to fix anything else. For the past 10 years people have insisted on dragging me to different museums around the world. They are interesting to a point but the speed tours don't give me much time to appreciate anything. I liked the library best and would have enjoyed looking at some of the other exhibits there. When it comes time to plan the spring event, I'd like to see a slower pace for the older culturally inadequate (me) folks as well as more diverse events. I found that this group was very intelligent and friendly, just what I'd expect from a group of Myst fans. My own interests lean more towards technology than art.

#7 User is offline   moiety 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 14 November 2004 - 03:28 PM

Ja'de, on Nov 14 2004, 10:55 AM, said:

I've fixed my mis spelled names and incorrect id's. Please let me know if I need to fix anything else. For the past 10 years people have insisted on dragging me to different museums around the world. They are interesting to a point but the speed tours don't give me much time to appreciate anything. I liked the library best and would have enjoyed looking at some of the other exhibits there. When it comes time to plan the spring event, I'd like to see a slower pace for the older culturally inadequate (me) folks as well as more diverse events. I found that this group was very intelligent and friendly, just what I'd expect from a group of Myst fans. My own interests lean more towards technology than art.

Good points, Ja'de. :cool:

We should all talk about what we liked and what we didn't and keep the best and leave the rest for next year. ;)

#8 User is offline   JennyH 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:32 AM

I made it back home alive and well. I had an awesome time! I will be posting pictures and my report later on today.

Big Hug!!

P.S. This group of Myst Fans were so wonderful. I can't say enough good things about them. They are the reason that I will now be frequenting this forum more often.

*Watches as the masses run and scream No!! Help us! * :cool:

#9 User is offline   LaReh 

• telnahvah (guildmaster)
  • KI number:211837

Posted 15 November 2004 - 08:57 AM

Sounds (and looks) like you all had a great time! I'm so happy for you! ;)
Thanks for the 2D representation too! :cool:

Jenny-Watch your snail mail for a familiar looking package! :D

#10 User is offline   JennyH 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 15 November 2004 - 02:17 PM

:cool:

#11 User is offline   Jerle 

• What, me worry?
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 November 2004 - 02:30 PM

I am admitting to all that I had a hard time looking at the pix and not openly sobbing, although I was crying. :) ;) You guys are so awesome to have thought to do the 2D images and you all just rock SO much! :cool:

Next time, someone ELSE needs to initiate the planning as every single thing, without fail or exception, that I've tried to plan this year has bombed out. :D I also won't mention to anyone that I'm going, I'll just..... show up or something. :D :)

Awesome pictures from everyone and great report, Adam!! ;)

#12 User is offline   LaReh 

Posted 15 November 2004 - 03:13 PM

JennyH, on Nov 15 2004, 03:17 PM, said:

;)

Don't get TOO excited now, it's just your empty Tupperware being returned.
Wifezilla mailed it off while I was at work so I had no chance to "stuff it". :cool:

#13 User is offline   JennyH 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 15 November 2004 - 03:26 PM

EMPTY!! You are in so much trouble. Just wait until the Spring Mass Mysterium

#14 User is offline   LaReh 

Posted 15 November 2004 - 03:59 PM

But, but.........IwasframedMydogatemyhomeworkTheroadwaswashedoutThetrafficcopnabbedme
forjaywalkingandmywifemailedthebloodythingbeforeIcoulddoanythingandItoldyouIdontk
nowhowtobakecookiesanywaysothere.

;)

#15 User is offline   speedyserd 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:42 PM

Sure... that's what they all say LaReh.

#16 User is offline   JennyH 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 16 November 2004 - 06:02 AM

Good try Lareh!

#17 User is offline   LaReh 

Posted 16 November 2004 - 06:33 AM

What one-liner? :cool:

#18 User is offline   Kha'tie 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 17 November 2004 - 11:09 AM

THANK YOU for this great report and like Jerle I'm crying as I read it, but they are happy tears... I'm SO glad for everyone who was able to attend. It's a great thing, meeting fellow Myst fans. There's just nothing in the world that can describe the feeling of connectedness we all share.

Jenny, I'll help you make LaReh pay in springtime... deal? :D

Thanks for the great report m01... I'm posting it on Mystworlds.com/us today.

;)

#19 User is offline   LaReh 

Posted 17 November 2004 - 07:54 PM

Kha'tie, on Nov 17 2004, 12:09 PM, said:

Jenny, I'll help you make LaReh pay in springtime... deal? ;)

Just be careful........I am trained in Shotokan Karate........... :cool:

#20 User is offline   moiety 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 18 November 2004 - 02:43 PM

BUMP -- MY EXTENDED REPORT

As promised (and late), an actual write-up of what happened. ;)

The Very Secret Diaries of Moiety

11 PM. Took picture of Gathering Site and posted online. Crazy Shoomy still awake (go to sleep!!) actually sees picture. Gobo PMs me to get my cell number.

6 AM. Alarm rang, but I turned it off, half-asleep.

7 AM. Glared at clock menacingly imploring it to go slower.

7:01 AM: Continued glaring at clock, making scary eyebrow movements.

7:02 AM: Realized futility of time-dilation effort. Turned head the other way to ignore fact that I needed to get up.

7:10 AM: OMG I AM GOING TO BE LATE.

7:15 AM: Took shower. Hoped for chance to get breakfast before running off to get Shoomy.

7:20 AM: Still in shower. Warm water surprisingly addiciting. Chances of time for breakfast getting slimmer.

7:30 AM: Fell asleep in shower. Eventually woke up, got dressed, and left.

7:45 AM: Dragged self through snow to subway station.

7:50 AM: No train, yet.

7:55 AM: Still no train.

8:00 AM: Getting slightly miffed at lack of train.

8:05 AM: Getting moderately miffed at lack of train.

8:10 AM: Major miffage at lack of train. Shoomy's train to arrive in five minutes. Lack of train makes me feel empty and sad inside.

8:12 AM: Train pulls up. Sadistic conductor enjoyed standing there for eons before opening the doors.

8:15 AM: Pulled into Downtown Crossing. Cell rings -- it's Shoomy! Lack of reception due to presence in (as far as D'ni standards are concerned) pathetic, puny subterran tunnel.

8:16 AM: Emerged from subway. Called Shoomy. Initial conversation as follows:

Hi!
-Hi!
Hi!
-Hi!
Hi!
-Hi!
Yeeeeaaaah. I'm here.
-Me on way! There be soon! Me run!
Um, okaaaaay.

8:20 AM: In life-threatening danger as running across snowy streets with giant icicles falling on top of my head from buildings at ludicrous speeds. Contemplated raising army of mutant super-intelligent penguins to help me get there faster, but abandoned devious scheme of potential back-stabbing due to malevolent penguin nature. Actually arrive at South Station.

8:25 AM: Play hide-and-seek game with Shoomy in South Station over cell phone:

-I'm standing near the entrance.
As am I.
-I can't see you.
Neither can I.
-I'm waving. Can you see me now?
No. I'm detonating fireworks. Can you see me now?
-No. I'm opening an artifical black hole. Can you see m...

*they bump into each other*

8:20AM - 8:45 AM: Walked around Downtown Crossing and the Boston Common with Shoomy in search for a *supposedly existing* Staples store in the area to get name tags for everyone. Had brilliant idea of having blue name tags for our real names and red name tags for our online names. Brilliant idea fails spectacularly as stores are either closed or non-findable.

8:45 AM: Chilled (ha!) in the Hyatt hotel where Jenny and Denise were staying. Drooled at Shoomy's marvelously wonderful Myst 4 journal (which she must scan in to show people, does she hear?!) :D

Had following conversation:

Random Lady Sitting Nearby: You *do* know that the real lobby is upstairs, right?
Shoomy: Then what lobby is this?
Moiety: The fake one. They may be upstairs right now looking for us.
Shoomy: They're Myst fans -- they'll figure it out.

8:50 AM - 11 AM: Join up with Jenny and Denise. We raid a donut shop in Downtown Crossing, jump across rivers of snow froth, and get on the subway. Go to Copley, where we walk through the (OMG heated SOOO NICE) shopping arcades. We check out the Museum of Fine Arts shop at the Prudential Center, and hang for quite some time at the Barnes & Nobles there, where we have wonderful conversations and briefly lost track of Denise, that free-roaming wild spirit. ;) Reuinted, we proceed to walk to the Au Bon Pain near Symphony Hall via the Christian Science Plaza, where we would be returning later.

On our way there, our feet get wet. We roll our eyes and shake our fists at the clouds menacingly, who laugh at us puny humans and our wet feet. At Au Bon Pain, Shoomy gets a banana that she has the hardest time opening. She practically begins writing a journal entry to solve the puzzle: "Found banana. Or did the banana find me? Hmmmmmmm... Must. Sketch. Banana. Can't... resists.... arrrgh!"

Moiety gets coffee, which he over the next 30 minutes would make Denise hold on at least 374856949 occasions while he ties his shoes, runs off, takes pictures, or just stands around idly looking his (adorable? :cool: ) completely spaced-out, disoriented self. Moiety also gets cookies* (note due to importance in plot later on!).

The crew then starts heading towards the Museum of Fine Arts which is just down the street. Seeing various other Gatherees in the distance, we devise a devious plan to walk by and make some off-hand negative comment about Myst along the lines of "Like, omigosh, have you heard of that game, Moyst 4: Revletalation? What an AWFUL game! UGH! I hate it!", to deviously confuse other Gatherees. Completely fail to implement plan as Moiety, noting GL's Falling Man poster, cries out in fangirlish joy: "Falling Man! Woot!!!!!!".

#21 User is offline   moiety 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 18 November 2004 - 02:44 PM

(continuing)

11 AM - Some Time That I Forget Because I Have Cheese For Brain

People introduce themselves. Handshaking commences. Moiety runs off to dorm, conveniently located so close to Museum of Fine Arts Gathering spot some people roll their eyes. While away, Pazuzu shows up.

As Moiety enters his dorm, the fire alarm (of course) goes off. (He blames it on Saavedro and his firemarbles, or something. :cool: ) Ignoring defeaning alarm, Moiety grabs printouts of Jerle, Kha'tie and LaReh and after taking a picture of the Gatherees from his window, joins them.

Moiety, making a complete fool out of himself, asks "where is Pazuzu?", who, and you sooooo completely KNOW this is coming, is standing right behind him. Laughter ensues, and Moiety is made to look like the fool he is. (Ed: When did this journal switch to third person?! ;) )

After group photos and ritual hedonistic abuse of the Atrus action doll and the Squee, the group begins to march towards their destination. Missing Ja'de, Shoomy attempts to call her. No reply. Five minutes later, Ja'de calls Moiety. Inquiring about her location, Ja'de returns: "Waitaminute. Are you the folks right in front of me?" :D Group turns around, notices lady with cell phone. Laughter ensues. Moiety, for once, is NOT the fool. (Or is he?! Dun-dun-duuuuuun!!) The group continues to the museum.

Once inside, we have a blast and all decide to move in. (Shoomy claimed the garden, but she's willing to share -- for a price. :) ) Crazy attendees try to relate everything back to Myst, and for once don't feel geeky doing so. Jerle is mentioned in passing several times and her abscene lamented, since she wanted to see the museum so much.

FUNNY ANECDOTE
On the second or third floor, Shoomy breaks out in a praise of Family Guy's awesomeness. A lady guard comes up to her and says:

"Are you the professor in this group? Please do NOT lecture to your students here. This room is too small for lectures. Please move along."

Shoomy: :)
Shoomy: "But I'm not a... And the... But the.... What the...."
Moiety: "Um. We're not... uh... she's.... uh... Wha?"
Other Gatherees nearby giggle silently.

We also had guards yelling at us, with a wide variety of warnings such as:
  • "Do NOT touch the item."
  • "DO not touch THE item."
  • "The item TOUCH do NOT."
  • "The item b3 l33t. I will h4x0r you with my walkie-talkie if you t0uch50r the item."
  • "OMG GET LIKE AWAY FROM THE CURTAIN BECAUSE YOU **MIGHT** POTENTIALLY COME IN CONTACT WITH IT THUS NEGATING THE EXISTENCE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE YOU FOOL!!!"
(I think they had little Museum Guard dolls in the Museum Shoppé -- you know, talking ones giving an accurate representation of the experience. ;) )

Long story short(er), we had a blast, and it was awesome. Too bad we could not take pictures inside. ;)

We then went on to the museum shop where we had a blast as well. Shoomy and I were talking about something or other checking out these gift items with glitter on and the glitter came off and was all over our hands and we smeared it on each other and it was funny because we still were glittering by the time we said goodbye and it was funny and this sentence if like way too long and I need to stop. ;) ;)

After that we went to the Museum of Fine Arts, and checked out mummies and stuff. Jenny was feeling tired and rested outside with Denise and Ja'de felt a little rushed... It wasn't fair to them. :o Us younger folks did rush through the museum and not everyone might have been interested in a second dose of art, so we should definitely rethink this part for next year. Although the mummies were really cool, as was the Maya figure listening to his iPod. :eek: And the Jaguar Effigy Vessel! ;) And the Rivenese masks and native art! ;) Cooooooool! :um:

We then went to the Mary Baker Eddy Library using the subway, where we almost didn't get off the train because they only opened the front doors and we were all the way in the back. But we did manage to squeeze through like a hundred people and get off just in time.

Since we just missed the Mapparium showing when we got there, we had to wait until the next one. To pass time, we took turns signing Speedy's kewl "going-round-the-world" Myst book thing, and we generally chilled sitting in the really comfy sofas in the lobby. We then went to the Mapparium showing at 2:45PM, and it was really neat. Very moving. I actually teared up during the "We are the citizens of the world. We live in 736 countries and speak 6253 languages." It was so well written, and very pretty.

And YES, the Mapparium (which basically is a giant glass globe with a map of the world as it was in the early 20th century) *does* echo and sound exactly like Yeesha's amulet flashbacks. Gobo also pointed out that there were cool echo point things that reflected your voice to a specific location. It was very, very neat. Praises to the Goddess Echo for letting us abuse and play with her! ;)

Then we checked out the Hall of Ideas which has this swirly pool of water onto which, using smoke, mirrors and Magick™, various quotations are projected, which then crawl along the floor up onto a wall where the words arrange themselves into famous sayings. It's really neat, and surprisingly, the water in the fountain was *warm*! The architecture was also very MYST-y... sorta like Atrus's library in MYST on steroids. (See pictures above.)

After that, we went to Quincy Market, and met crazy protestors (since Quincy Market is right next to City Hall Square)... Said crazy protestors had some ludicrous demands like "free health care" and "corporate responsibility" -- crazy crazies, them. They had signs and for a while we thought they were an angry mob of DOOM fans coming for a showdown with us Adventure fans. Alas (or fortunately? :D ), no such confrontation took place.

At Quincy Market, we invaded the Big Awesome Dome Place, where we, true to our Myst-Fan nature, solved the puzzle of not having a place to sit by stitching together three tables and more chairs than you could count on your fingers and toes. Thus properly seated, we all went to get food, and it was YUMMY (note capitalization as indication of extreme yummyness!). Shoomy and I were very adventurous and combined lo mein with crazy things like honey-covered BBQ chicken and other delicious delicacies. We also went to an ATM machine with Purpy which was so slow we practically thought the next Ice Age would be upon us before it actually dispensed any money. We then feasted! And it was fun! We sat near a giant (and oddly random) sign that proclaimed "EGGS!" on the ceiling, and we, of course, inferred that we must be sitting in the EGGS AISLE. (Get it? EXILE? HA! We're so cool.) There was also some seedy/non-descript/odd club bistro establishment thing to our left called "Parris", and several of us felt the urge to cross out one of the Rs.

Shoomy's takeout box had a 2 or an l or an e or some other alphanumeric decoration on top, which she swiflty transformed into a wahrk for our delight. We also had an encounter with a (um... hospitality-challenged?) lass serving ice cream at the Gelatin shop who practically went into attack-mode on Shoomy who didn't really like the flavor she chose, and served up some drama along with the gelatin:

"Well, like, OMG, you know, we have, like, SAMPLE flavors for, like, a reason, like, OKAY?!?!?!?!", she returned. She appearantly was not only serving ice, but partially made of it as well. Stress or PMS or whatever, that gal was *not* cool. I have faith that karma will run its course and she gets what she deserves, however. Later on GL went on an expedition to find a bathroom, and I was really freaked that she might have gotten lost and was going all scared and stuff. (Quoteth Shoomy my panic: "I can see the newspaper headlines already. Myst fan lost. Adam blamed.")

She did turn up eventually, however. Thank the Maker!! :)

Saddened as people slowly began to leave and say goodbye, we decided we'd extend the get-together and the remaining Gatheeres rushed to a theatre near Boston Common to catch a showing of the incredible Incredibles. Even though the ticket machine was having a blast giving everyone like three pieces of paper (confused cries of "which one is the ticket?!" were common), we eventually made our way into the theatre and claimed the BEST seats in the house. I (of course) got lost on my way to find the bathroom as well, but made it back in time. We had such a blast! It was sooooooo much fun to sit together as MYST fans and to ridicule all the bad trailers ("Mask 2? Puh-lease!"), and to howl as only angsty fangirls can when the "Rise, Vader!" trailer came on, and OMG Edna. Edna!

Edna Mode said:

I neva look back, dahling; it distracts from ze NOW.

After the movie we had another round of depressed hugs, Purpy left us and we walked with Jenny and Denise until they made a turn to their hotel, and then I walked with GL and Pazuzu and Shoomy to South Station, where Shoomy bid us farewell, and then GL took the Red Line to where she needed to go, and I followed Pazuzu to North Station, after which I returned home to my dorm to the place where it all began in the morning, both happy and sad, but more happy than sad. ;)

I then took off my wet socks (at last!) and finally ate the cookies I bought all the way in the morning. And began uploading pictures! ;)

And thus end the (Not So) Very Secret Diaries of Moiety!

Until the Spring Mysteria, friends! Thanks for a wonderful day. ;)

#22 User is offline   Shoomlah 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 18 November 2004 - 05:17 PM

Awr, I get all sentimental just thinking about it- can't wait for spring!

-C

#23 User is offline   Gobo Fraggle 

• 4 8 15 16 23 42

Posted 18 November 2004 - 09:15 PM

Excellent recap.

I'd like to add the part where, shortly after Shoomy left, I rudely took off practically in mid-sentence in order to catch my bus. I went from Quincy Market to South Station and got there just as they started boarding. Moiety's original directions and time estimate of how long a walk it would be was accurate, except replace "walk" with "sprint" and replace "turn right" with "turn left."

#24 User is offline   moiety 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 18 November 2004 - 10:20 PM

Gobo Fraggle, on Nov 18 2004, 11:15 PM, said:

Excellent recap.

I'd like to add the part where, shortly after Shoomy left, I rudely took off practically in mid-sentence in order to catch my bus. I went from Quincy Market to South Station and got there just as they started boarding. Moiety's original directions and time estimate of how long a walk it would be was accurate, except replace "walk" with "sprint" and replace "turn right" with "turn left."

See, I do that all the time. I walk really really fast (and am tall and have longer legs) and thus my time estimates are more suited for me than others. Sorry about that, Gobo! Plus, I knew the area before hand, too, so that estimate didn't include "getting lost and confused time". :)

As far as the turn right goes, I stand by that! ;) Maybe we misunderstood each other?

Yay for ASCII Maps:

Aquarium (Atlantic Avenue)
======================================= South Station

Quincy Market

Facing Atlantic Avenue from Quincy Market, South Station is to the right. *This* I'm sure of; everything else is up for debate since my brain is made of cheese.

Glad you made it home safe, though. :cool:

(Oh, and you probably mean Speedy, not Shoomy -- Shoomy left after you did. ;) )

Talking of whom -- yes, you artistic gal, you! Spring! :D :D

#25 User is offline   JennyH 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 19 November 2004 - 06:46 AM

Reading Moiety's journal has brought it all back to life.

I will add my ramblings.

Woke up at 8:00 am. Denise moans and rolls over. I said it is 8:00 time to get up. Just a few more minutes she pleads. Argh! I proceed to get ready. At 8:20 I forcefully pull her out of her bed. She gets ready within 15 minutes. <wow she is fast> I then realize I'm hungry, we had scoped out a donut shop by the downtown crossing "T" so I call Moiety to tell him we will meet him there instead of the lobby. Lo and behold he is already at the hotel. I proceed down to the real lobby and No Moiety so being the Myst Fan I am I do solve the mystery and proceed down to the entrance Lobby where I see Moiety and Shoomy. Adam stated he was worried that we wouldn't know where they were <he worries alot about people's whereabout's (hug)> and Shoomy states we are Myst fans and she knew we would solve the puzzle.

I stupidly say to Shoomy I thought you were male. She stated she gets that a lot. LOL She shows me her cool journal where she writes like Atrus and even draws the same. I want one of those!!

We then walk to the Donut shop where Denise and I get some sustenance. We continue on for awhile through slush!! I hate snow in the city. I walk very slow because 1. I'm eating and 2. I'm terrified of falling.

We go to the mall near the christian science church. Because Mo and Shoomy are discussing Myst Rev spoilers I meander away from them. I rejoin them later and realize No Denise. She eventually finds us. We stand around talking about the importance of grandparents. A lady on the bench behind us makes a hmph!! sound and moves away. I guess we were too loud. We are happy to have the seat though so we all sit down except Denise who hovers over us. The ever viligant Mo realizes we might be late we have to go. So we slowly make our way up to the check out counter because there has never been a book store that Shoomy has entered that she didn't buy something. On the way out she sees a book about Wolves and we have to drag her by her hair kicking and screaming. <hmm... I think she really wanted that book...>

We then proceed for what seemed an eternity to me to the meeting spot. Oh a side note so you understand that statement: I did not realize it would snow so I only brought to pair of shoes. One pair of clogs and dress shoes for a dinner only. They were intended to wear for about 2 hours max, but because of the snow I needed my whole foot covered I wore them for the outing! BIG MISTAKE!!

So we walk to the Museum where in the distance we see several figures. We make out the falling men sign! Yay it is them. We approach and somewhat awkwardly we introduce ourselves with our myst handles and our real names. Geez I'm the only idiot who used their real name on the forums. At the meeting spot there was Adam (GoBo), Gallifrey Lady (Samantha), Rivenwanderer (Christina), Speedyserd (Mary). Adam then asks Denise to hold his coffee for him while he headed up to his dorm. She was more than happy to comply since it was nice and warm. Pazuzu (Evan) then quietly joins the group. I then wonder out loud where is Whitch. I knew she was planning on coming because I had talked to her a couple days ago. We then abuse Squee and Atrus by placing them in the cold snow.

We wait a few minutes in case some other show up. As we go I remember Jade was going to meet us and I ask Adam about Jade he proceeds to call her. No answer. He then gets a call and YAY it is Jade. We all turn around and we see a lone figure walking toward us. We rush to give her a group hug.

The Isabella Stewart Gardnew musuem was nice the only thing is it is guarded by Nazi's. We proceed up the first stair case where Speedy reads a sign do not touch. She looks around and ever the rebel touches it briefly with her forefinger. The guard who must have had xray visions to see through the wall proceeded to come and say DO NOT TOUCH! We go into the next room where we are all talking and a female guard tells shoomy do not lecture. LOL Mo tells the guard that we are all just a group together talking. There was one picture on the wall and Shoomy, Mo, and Speedy discuss the picture. Something about horizontal line and the dimension is off doesn't see realistic depiction. It was over my head, but very interesting to listen in to.

We go into the next room. I accidentally brush past a chair. Didn't even realized that I had. <shrug> and another rabid guard states to me no touch. After about 2 minutes I see this same guard in a rush to chastise another person practically knocks a 10 year old down without even an excuse me. I'm just rolling my eyes.

By now my feet really hurt badly. I'm getting spasms. I can't wait to find a chair. We go to the room where Isabella's portrait is located. I sit down. Thank God I lament over and over in my head. Mo states the picture is haunted. <note to myself to ask why> Denise drools over the large book that she thinks she can somehow fit into her pocket size purse. Hmm... Nope not happening.

As we exit I ask what Rivenwanderer goes by in real life she states she goes by Riv at MIT. Apparently, they shorten their email addresses and are known by that. Also, she crotchets. She states that crotcheting helps her concentrate and stay awake during lectures. <Note to professor: Your lectures are boring>

In the gift shop Denise, Gallifrey and I are tallking about Dr. Who which all three of us are fans of. A man joins are conversation out of nowhere and we proceed to analysis the actors who played Dr. Who. I then hear a chorus yelling "Jenny" and turn to see our intrepid group is ready to leave.

<To be continued>

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users