MYSTcommunity: Moiety's MASS MYSTERIA Report - MYSTcommunity

• 2 Pages +

Moiety's MASS MYSTERIA Report

#26 User is offline   Gobo Fraggle 

• 4 8 15 16 23 42
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 19 November 2004 - 07:04 AM

moiety, on Nov 19 2004, 12:20 AM, said:

(Oh, and you probably mean Speedy, not Shoomy -- Shoomy left after you did. :cool: )

Talking of whom -- yes, you artistic gal, you! Spring! :D ;)

Oops, you are so right.

I probably walked farther than I needed to then. However, the way i went was completely familiar as I had walked that way earlier in the day so I didn't feel lost at all. (Only out of breath.)

I hope to see you all in the spring.

#27 User is offline   Kehnith'Ra 

• rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:23 PM

D'oh. I live 20 minutes from Boston. If I had known this was going on, I'd have been there :cool:

#28 User is offline   Shoomlah 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:42 PM

moiety, on Nov 18 2004, 08:20 PM, said:

See, I do that all the time. I walk really really fast (and am tall and have longer legs) and thus my time estimates are more suited for me than others.

Your pace is wonderful- it's so nice to walk with someone who doesn't ask me to slow down every five seconds. :cool:

And Kehnith'Ra, that's what Spring is for! We'll be really planning that gathering, too, so it should be absolutely awesome.

-C

#29 User is offline   JennyH 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 19 November 2004 - 03:18 PM

Rambling continued...

We then proceeded to walk <I was limping> to the Musuem of Fine Art. Lagging at the end with me was Jade. In conversation she told me she likes to be behind so that she can see what everyone is doing and where they are. This is left over from her Girl Scout leader days.

Pazuzu kept getting calls often in the am from his family because they were worried that we were a bunch of weirdos that might kidnap him. LOL Later on I told him that his family must have gotten over their fear since they haven't called in awhile and he said No, he just turned his phone off. :cool:

At the musuem I sat down to rest along with Denise. My poor feet. People watching was fun though!

We took the sub to Quincy Market. The group was so sweet there was only one seat on the subway available and they saved it for me to sit in. (((Hugs Group)))

We saw a bunch of protestors carrying picket signs. Cool!! Free healthcare!

We went to the food court. It was so crowded. We managed to round up 3 tables though. One table Mo and Shoomy took from the cleaning staff. LOL I don't think they ever realized we took it.

All of us ate yummy yummy!! Speedy took off in a flash. She was late, I hope she made the scavenger hunt!

Adam and Jade then left. The rest of us were having such a good time that we didn't want it to end so we made plans to go to see "The Incredibles." Pazuzu finally turned on his phone and called to let them know he was okay. They were fine with him going to the movies.

We went to the movies and it was awesome. Only thing was the row kept vibrating and that was a little annoying.

We parted ways in front of the movies but then realized we were still going the same direction so we said goodbye a second time near our hotel. ;)

Some sayings that I thought were neat.

Gallifrey Lady: I liked to be called Samantha because it is more adult. This was in response to what to people call her and do they call her Sam? My response is one day you will want to sound less adult. :D

Denise: Can you say park the car again to Jade? I love your accent. It is not normal. Something to that affect.

Jade: It is normal to me. ;)

Pazuzu: After phone call mimicing grandma. "Evan, I couldn't sleep because I was so worried about you." Remember it is only 5:30 pm ET LOL

GoBo: I worked there for years and never stepped foot in the office. <I want his old job>

Moiety: Wait to you see how wet the hair is. It is so wet. When I watched it before I kept saying to myself over and over look how wet their hair is.

Rivenwanderer: <Might have shared this in my first post, but thought it was funny enough to mention again.> I crochet to concentrate and stay awake during lectures.

Shoomy: In excitement she looked down at the journal she was writing in because it smudged on its' own. Apparently, when writing in the Myst 4 journal she makes the smudges to add something to the journal. I can't remember exactly what she said but she was very excited about how it happened on its own.

I wish I had a journal with me at the time because I could have made better observations.

What I can tell you is this group is wonderful, kind, intelligent, funny and the weekend was better than I could have imagined.

I love these guys and can't wait till Spring to see them again. I hope to maintain a friendship with them and we continue on the Myst Journey together.

(((Hugs)))

#30 User is offline   JennyH 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 19 November 2004 - 03:23 PM

Kehnith'Ra, on Nov 19 2004, 02:23 PM, said:

D'oh.  I live 20 minutes from Boston.  If I had known this was going on, I'd have been there :D

I would stay tuned to the Meetings thread. We have been planning this for months. Sorry you missed it, but I hope you can make the Spring one. Stay tuned for more details soon. ;)

EDIT: Can you tell I have been in the medical field too long? ;) I had no part in planning it. Jerle and Moiety and a couple of others I think planned it. I think Moiety will probably plan the next one since Jerle said that everytime she plans something she ends up not being able to go. :D They should post something in a month or so I assume.

QUOTE (moiety @ Nov 18 2004, 08:20 PM)
See, I do that all the time. I walk really really fast (and am tall and have longer legs) and thus my time estimates are more suited for me than others. 

Your pace is wonderful- it's so nice to walk with someone who doesn't ask me to slow down every five seconds.

You guys were perfectly paced for each other, but the rest of the short people had to do double time.

I only walk fast when shopping. When sightseeing I like to look around and enjoy the sights and sounds and not race to the next place. :cool:

Besides the pace I had an excellent time and Moiety was a great tour guide. He is very well versed in the Boston's history and that made it much more memorable to me. Great Job Moiety!!!

#31 User is offline   Whitch2 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 19 November 2004 - 07:47 PM

:cool: :D I SOOOOOO wanted to be there! ;)

Instead, I spent 3 days home sick in bed.....( so much for my exciting long weekend ) ......grrrrrr! Starting to feel a bit better, then I read through this thread and looked at all those pics and started feeling like crap again....cause I missed it all! ;)

Thanks for all the pics and details, it sounds like it was a wonderful day for everyone who did go.

#32 User is offline   JennyH 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 21 November 2004 - 01:20 PM

Whitchy-

I wondered what happened to you. The last thing I remember was you worrying about getting lost. I was thinking Oh No! she got lost.

Sorry to hear that you were sick. :D I really was bummed that you weren't there. I hope you can make the Spring. I'm already psyched for it. :eyebrow:

#33 User is offline   speedyserd 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 21 November 2004 - 08:38 PM

Well... I wonder if I should add on my story whenever everyone is done! lol!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users