MYSTcommunity: What goes on at a Mysterium convention? - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

What goes on at a Mysterium convention?

#1 User is offline   Korora 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:43 AM

Is MREDURE merchandise available? What is a typical schedule?

Eudyptula albosignata

#2 User is offline   Annacat 

• By the Weaving!
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:297373

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:59 PM

Is MREDURE merchandise available?

Depends on how you mean. It is not generally possible to buy the merchandise (the exception was Spokane since at Cyan headquarters they already had the stuff on site to sell anyway) because it isn't an "official" Cyan or Ubisoft gathering, but the companies involved generally send us "freebies"-- so it's not a matter of picking what you get, but the stuff's really nice and often it's things that would be hard to get anywhere else. T-Shirts and posters are popular items to give the fans, but we've gotten other cool stuff too.

Generally on Friday we get there, have supper, just hang out. Do some touristy stuff Saturday. The past three Mysteria we've had a presentation by either Cyan or Ubisoft, a pretty substantial one, but I don't know if that'll be true this year or if anybody will have anything ready to show, even. I haven't heard. Sunday we play EDGE (disc golf) and then go our separate ways. There are also fan presentations one evening depending on the schedule. Mostly it's just a time to hang out and be with friends.

It's really fun! I recommend it to everybody. It's just not something you'd ever get tired of. I've been three times and I'm hoping to go again this year. :braces:

EDIT: There were two "Fridays" in my week, second should have been Sunday. :D

Annacat

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users