MYSTcommunity: Craving Spelunx - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Craving Spelunx Wishful thinking

#1 User is offline   scrybe 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Member

Posted 23 March 2005 - 06:10 PM

I really wish that Cyanworlds would rerelease Spelunx. Their 3D engine is up to the task, and Spelunx has that element of mystery and exploration that you get with Myst, without all that save-the-world tension. I was practically raised on Spelunx. And Numbermaze.

And if they won't remake it, then maybe someday I'll do it for them. It's a great game. Seriously.

#2 User is offline   Triss 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Location:Body: Scotland Mind: Ummm... somewhere else I think...

Posted 24 March 2005 - 08:36 AM

Spelunx? Numbermaze?

#3 User is offline   linkerjpatrick 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:49 AM

I agree. For all of us who were not on the Mac platform back then we never got the chance to experience those Cyan creations. I'd like to see them re-released in some form, heck it could be an "extra" on the disk of another game.

#4 User is offline   scrybe 

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:42 AM

Triss, on Mar 24 2005, 08:36 AM, said:

Spelunx? Numbermaze?

Spelunx

I can't find anything on Numbermaze... :)

#5 User is offline   Ro'tahgahm 

• Group: Veteran Member

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:15 AM

Spelunx was indeed very cool. It was my first introduction to Cyan, actually. I have both the black-and-white and full-color versions. It would be neat to see Cyan do something with the old classics, even if they were just included as an "extra" on another game's disc.

At one point I considered building my own room to add on to Spelunx, but never got around to it. I'm afraid I've forgotten too much HyperTalk to properly figure it out now... A fan-based remake of the game would be really cool, and something I'd be glad to contribute to...

Fittingly enough, the same person that introduced me to Spelunx was also the one that introduced me to NumberMaze. NumberMaze was a cool (non-Cyan) little game where you led a mouse around a maze on the screen (with a piece of cheese as your cursor, of course!) Your goal was to get to a castle somewhere in the maze. Doing that would require opening several "doors" represented by thin gray lines (the lines of the maze were solid black.) Each of these doors would require you to do three or four math problems ( I remember addition and subtraction, but I imagine it was customizable for multiplication and division, too ). Upon reaching the castle, you'd get to add something cool to it.

At least that's how I remember it. It's been over a decade since I've played it, so I'm working from the few fond memories that came to mind when you said "NumberMaze" :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users