MYSTcommunity: Mysterium Room-mates - MYSTcommunity

• 2 Pages +

Mysterium Room-mates 'an who's a-comin'

#26 User is offline   Nisan 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:17 AM

Well, I just reserved a room for Friday and Saturday night. So far the people staying in it are me, Alahmnat, and hopefully M@. Ha nekhira, do you want to be a fourth?

#27 User is offline   Frodo 

• telnahvah (guildmaster)

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:25 AM

Just an FYI:

The Mysterium hotel itself seems to be full for Mysterium weekend (sadness). However, ask the desk for the next closest Holiday Inn; Saph found another hotel about a mile away that I think was a Holiday Inn as well. Will attempt to confirm this, but if anyone's having trouble getting rooms, I thought I should post this.

#28 User is offline   Gadren 

• shokhootahn (instructor)

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:26 AM

my family has the same issue...we found that the hotel is all full...there is another hotel nearby, but apparently it costs a lot more.

#29 User is offline   K'laamas 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:374576

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:28 PM

Eeeek! This bites... I guess we'll have to work with what we've got, but I wonder if there are any other options.

First of all, I'm assuming they chose the official hotel they did in part because of accomodations like a meeting room & whatnot. But are there any hotels/motels nearby w/out such accommodations that would be close to the same price just to stay at?

Second, is the official hotel actually *full*, or can they just not allow any more Mysterium group discounts? If the latter is so, what's the *normal* rate at the hotel? I'd be willing to squeeze a few extra ppl into one room to spread out the cost if it meant each of us wouldn't have to pay much more than the discount rate.

Finally, what about bunking with people who already reserved a room? When I went to Mysterium '03, I was originally planning to stay w/relatives about 20 minutes out of Spokane, but ended up staying at the official hotel. Yes, it cost a lot more, but it was *incredibly* worth it. I just used a sleeping bag on the floor, which was just fine. Are there any people that already have rooms reserved that would be willing to let another person/people stay with them, & help spread out the cost?

Let's get this figured out, people! :angry:

Edit:

Again, ideally we'd like to stay in the Official Hotel, so if anyone would be willing to let more ppl into their room, please, speak up! But I've been using Orbitz.com to search for hotels, & I think I've found one:

Chinatown Hotel SRO Ltd.
214 W. 22nd Place
1.5 Miles SSW of the Official Hotel
$113/night

Anyone else found a hotel worth considering?

#30 User is offline   MystRivenExile 

• Admiral of the White

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:14 PM

Squeeze more people in first. I thought that all the rooms were only 3 people each so far. Besides, I can't believe they are full, I tend to think it might just be for that group discount....

#31 User is offline   Annacat 

• By the Weaving!
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:297373

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:44 AM

I thought that all the rooms were only 3 people each so far.

That was true initially, but two of the three rooming groups weren't able to get rooms. TK, Gallifrey, and I couldn't get one either.

Second, is the official hotel actually *full*, or can they just not allow any more Mysterium group discounts?

Besides, I can't believe they are full, I tend to think it might just be for that group discount....

It's actually full, it being the height of the tourist season and a major city and all. It's possible non-Mysterium people will cancel and rooms become available at the last minute (the current price on those rooms is $250) but we can't exactly count on that happening.

But are there any hotels/motels nearby w/out such accommodations that would be close to the same price just to stay at?

That issue has been addressed to the Mysterium Committee, not because they're responsible for finding anybody rooms (they aren't) but just because they've been hotel hunting for months and probably have a good idea of the rates, whereas anyone else would have to start from scratch. We await their suggestions.

Finally, what about bunking with people who already reserved a room?

I'm up for that, of course, but those people are probably pretty set in their plans by now.

Chinatown Hotel SRO Ltd.
214 W. 22nd Place
1.5 Miles SSW of the Official Hotel
$113/night

And it's in walking distance, even! We'll have to check this one out! Thanks for the suggestion. :angry:

On a side note: How did the Mysterium hotel rooms get filled? Where did all these people come from? I thought barely anyone was coming this year since I've mostly been hearing people on the boards saying they can't make it. Is it the Year of the Lurker, or have people just not been gloating sufficiently? I'm surprised. I mean, it's fabulous, I'm thrilled tons of people are coming, but I'm surprised. :eek:

Annacat

#32 User is offline   Nisan 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:31 AM

I called the Mysterium hotel and was told that they only allow 5 people to a room. So if you have a room and less than five people, you can still fit in more attendees! (Although someone may have to sleep on the floor). If M@ and Alahmnat agree, we can still hold more people.

#33 User is offline   MystRivenExile 

• Admiral of the White

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:02 PM

Wait a minute, how many people don't have rooms then, because I think that's kind of a problem...., and not as fun. We might be able to squeeze in one or two, but I also don't want to have to really choose.....

#34 User is offline   Alahmnat 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:22 PM

Just a note...

Scraper called the hotel yesterday and was told that the entire hotel is NOT full, but the Mysterium reservation block IS. She asked them to add more rooms to the group rate, so those who couldn't get a room may want to try again.

#35 User is offline   T'resah the Scrivener 

• shokhootahn (instructor)

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:46 PM

Alahmnat, on Jun 24 2005, 11:22 AM, said:

Just a note...

Scraper called the hotel yesterday and was told that the entire hotel is NOT full, but the Mysterium reservation block IS. She asked them to add more rooms to the group rate, so those who couldn't get a room may want to try again.

WHOA...but I already made my reservation. I just realized I should have posted here, but my offer still stands: I have a SUITE and will share. It would be a near-private room for someone, just a shared bathroom. PM me, any takers.

T'resah, with more space than she knows what to do with

#36 User is offline   ha nekhira 

• telahm (guildsman)

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:51 PM

Hey - sorry for the late reply.

I won't be able to make Mysterium this year - I can't afford to bust up my schedule anytime this summer.

However, please take lots of pictures and schedule next year's Mysterium for Atlanta! :angry:

:eek:

--nek

#37 User is offline   Wanais 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:20 AM

Have fun you all, and think just a bit about us Europeans!

(I will be in Denmark over the weekend without Internet access so I won't join you even remotedly.)

#38 User is offline   K'laamas 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:35 PM

Okay, Horizon & I are covered for Friday & Saturday night. But we'd like to stay Sunday night as well. If all else fails, we'll stay at the Chinatown Hotel I mentioned--a mile & a half away, & cheap rates.

But we'd prefer to stay at the official hotel so as to not bother w/booking another room, & getting there Sunday evening. So...

Is there anyone staying at the official hotel who'd be willing to let Horizon & myself stay with them? We'll gladly help split up the cost of the room for that night. If anyone's willing, please let me know ASAP.

#39 User is offline   Annacat 

• By the Weaving!
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:297373

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:24 PM

I know this is pretty much a long shot, but...

Is anyone still looking for an extra person to split the costs of a room at
Mysterium? I was in one of the rooming groups that couldn't originally get a
room, and I have in theory been able to find a room for the other two people
in my group, which was my first priority of course, but I still lack a place
to stay myself. I'm female, and I'm looking for someone else who is female
to bunk with. I have a sleeping bag and am very easy to get along with. :-)

Alternatively, is anybody staying at the Hostelling International hostel? If
I had someone to walk back with, I could stay there without my fmaily being
freaked out that I'm walking around a strange city by myself at night.

Please e-mail or PM me if you have any ideas about this...

Thanks!
Anna Catherine

#40 User is offline   K'laamas 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:05 PM

Okay, Horizon & I are covered for Fri-Sun nights. We'll be spending Fri & Sat at the official hotel, & Sun night at the Chinatown Hotel, a mile & a half away.

I'm afraid M@'s status isn't looking good... As a reminder, he's at a job for the summer in northern Arizona. He can get the time off for Mysterium but he needs to:

1. Find a fellow employee w/a car.
2. Make sure the fellow employee has time off on Thurs/Fri to drive him to the city of St. George in Southern Utah.
3. Be able to spend 2 hrs for the shuttle-bus trip from St. George to Las Vegas.
4. Be able to spend another 2 hrs or so for Airport time.
5. After all that know what time he can catch a flight by.
6. Figure out the exact reverse of all of that for the trip back.
7. Let me know so I can book his flight.

It's still concievable, but I'm just afraid that by the time he gets it all figured out, all the flights that he'll be able to catch will be booked :angry: So, drop him down to a "Maybe". Cross your fingers, guys...

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users