MYSTcommunity: Working on a Paper for Grad School - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Working on a Paper for Grad School Want to be interviewed?

#1 User is offline   Annacat 

• By the Weaving!
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:297373

Posted 14 July 2005 - 11:37 AM

Hey guys,

As some of you know and most of you probably don't, I'll be attending a graduate program in Folklore starting in September (for those who heard me stressing about getting a Canadian visa...that was why. And I got it. :arianna:)

Sometime in the future, I'm hoping to write a paper about Mysterium, because gatherings like this are really interesting from a folklore standpoint. Obviously I'll be participating in Mysterium, but I would also like to interview some people about their thoughts on the gathering, specifically about how they got interested, why they came, what they're doing, etc. This would be pretty brief, no pressure, and I can interview more than one person at a time if that's more comfortable for you, although I'd rather not get groups larger than two or three to keep things simple and give everyone a chance to talk.

If you're interested in being interviewed, you should be aware of the following things:

1.) I need to tape record the conversation. This might seem a little weird at first, but you'll get used to it pretty fast. I will not record anything without asking permission first, and will not record any conversation without your knowledge it's being done. If the tape recorder is on, you'll know about it.

2.) In addition to your forum name, I'll need your real name (first name will suffice,) your age, and what state, province, or region and country, etc. you're from. You can keep this general if you prefer, for example I could say, "My name is Hannah. I'm in my early twenties, and I live in New York State."

3.) You can feel free to tell me anything you want, so long as it relates to Mysterium; I'll be asking questions just to get the ball rolling, but if there's something else you want to say, that's completely OK. I'll also be asking some questions I already know the answer to (for example, one thing I know I'll be doing in some interviews is pointing to the 2D attendees and asking "What are those?") What's important is for you to say it, and I'm interested in the way you explain it.

4.) I will probably end up getting more material than I can actually use in the paper, so I may not be able to include every person's contribution-- it doesn't mean what you said wasn't as good as what someone else said, but just that it may not fit in as well with the direction I decide to take the paper. :P

So...if you think that's something you might be interested in, come find me at Mysterium and we'll set up a time when we can have a quiet chat. I'll need to do face to face interviews, so unfortunately I'll need to restrict this to people who will actually be present at Mysterium.

Just give it some thought, OK? Thanks! ;)

Annacat (Hopefully) the Future Folklorist

#2 User is offline   MPaans 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:26 PM

Oh, interesting! Sure, I'm willing to have my voice recorded. Not sure I have that much interesting to say, tho! :arianna:

#3 User is offline   linkerjpatrick 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Member

Posted 15 July 2005 - 08:31 PM

What about those compelled to go in 2-D format and those who take the 2-D people along for the ride?

#4 User is offline   Sunnerman 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:26 PM

(for example, one thing I know I'll be doing in some interviews is pointing to the 2D attendees and asking "What are those?")
:arianna: What are the 2D attendees? :P

#5 User is offline   River 

• River

Posted 17 July 2005 - 09:49 AM

Anna Cat,

I'm available if you wish.

RIVER
of course if you run screaming at the sight of me I'll take that as a no thank you

#6 User is offline   Annacat 

• By the Weaving!
  • KI number:297373

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:20 AM

Cool! Thanks, guys! :arianna:

See you there!

Annacat

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic