MYSTcommunity: German MiniMysterium - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

German MiniMysterium Gathering of the Uru Real Life Community

#1 User is offline   ireenquench 

• rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:40 PM

Hi everybody,

here’s my small report about the gathering of the Uru Real Life Community, sort of a German speaking Minimysterium.

We held the meeting in Haldensleben, a small town near Magdeburg in north east Germany.
Accommodations were set up in a really sweet youth hostel, some camped. We were approx 30 people from Germany and Switzerland and stayed from Friday July 29th to Sunday 31st of August 05. The big event took place whole Saturday; our organization committee (called the URC) had invented a storyline, puzzles, a scavenger hunt that included teamwork.
We sort of solved a Myst Age together, including a Journal and a Book with backstory and hints, hiking/exploring the surroundings, strange machines/apparatuses (they actually built the things!), Zandi!!! and Zandi shirt rewards, rowing a boat along a stream, lots of puzzlesolving in teams, and a finale at night(!!!) that included glow in the dark sticks that we waved around, a conclusion of a storyline meaning us handing over a small bottle of liquid to a mysterious person from ‘another Age’, who actually showed up !!!(in costume) and we had 'saved' his Age...it was fabulous....along with all of that, great people to see for the first time in rl, lots of fun, laughter and good loving feelings...

Posted Image
Arrival, dinner at a greek restaurant, uhm...funky feet fun

Posted Image
Figuring out positions on a map in a huge box, reading journals, setting out, our first find (including a tiny cone!)

Posted Image
Explorers on their path, finding a book inside a tower and lots of strange puzzle pieces.

Posted Image
Being lost, some using maps, others GPS and Compass.... and finally success!

Posted Image
Lunchtime at ‘Zandi’s campfire, using a small raft to get to Zandi Shirt on other side of river, a music puzzle machine, the strange bottle, that should ‘contain a precious liquid’...

Posted Image
More to read and more to solve...the plot thinkens

Posted Image
After deciphering a coded note, we follow the instructions and set out downstream...

Posted Image
One more piece to find...putting everything together...now we know what to do!

Posted Image
Enjoying the BBQ and the campfire, figuring out what to do with our glow in the dark sticks, handing over the bottle with liquid to the guy from the mysterious Age ‚Kreon Vohs’ (he sure looks happy we saved it :arianna: ) and enjoying each others company way into the night.

Posted Image
Sunday, before we have to leave we make a Journey sign and other fun things, like treehugging.

I can say it was a great success. Our organizers did a fabulous job and we all had a blast!
Lots of laughing and sharing. Old friendships were tightened and new ones founded.

#2 User is offline   ireenquench 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:41 PM

Following up ...

My favourite pictures:

Happy and tired after the finale:
Posted Image

A human journey sign:
Posted Image

If you want to look at more of my pictures, here’s the link to the album:
http://photobucket.c...CT05/?start=all

If you understand German, here's my longer report:
http://www.uru-reall...pic.php?t=50434

#3 User is offline   River 

• River

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:37 PM

Ya know, somehow Chicago seems kinda, well flat by comparison.

WOW! You guys really know how to throw a party! Seems like a grand adventure. I'm more than slightly jealous :arianna: .

We had a blast ourselves though. We even got to share our weekend with "Lollapalooza"

And I made some great friends! - Glad you could share your adventure with us!

#4 User is offline   Tay 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Admin

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:37 AM

Wow, that looks like you guys had an amazing time!! Way to make it really Myst-themed. :arianna:

Tay

#5 User is offline   Leonor 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:12 AM

Now this is really cool! :arianna:
A real adventure with pretty puzzles and all. Who set all the puzzles?

#6 User is offline   ireenquench 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 04 August 2005 - 04:56 PM

The organizing team was made up of 6 members of the Uru Real Life Community. They almost planned a whole year on it (including looking for locations), and also they invented an online puzzle (including storyline) that lead to the rl event (which was the conclusion of everything).
Very dedicated and creative people, who all did this in their free time for the love of it. Here's a group shot:

Posted Image

The organizers (who also took part in character as the URC, a fictional exploration organisation, and helping us out on location) are Lalune, Hamsta, Coren, Stefan, DelHor and his wife Elke (who took the picture).

#7 User is offline   Goldah 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:13 AM

wow..that looks like so much fun...they really put alot of time and effort into making it rock!!! I hope the people who went to chicago aren't jealous...LOL!! I know I would be :arianna:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users