MYSTcommunity: Installing Until UrU - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Installing Until UrU Also for multiple installations

#1 User is offline   CAGrayWolf 

• The Wolfmeister
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:56 AM

This was the procedure I used that worked. Mind you it is somewhat time consuming and tedious ... but does work well. You must install the online versions first for this to work well. A clean install is highly recommended (required by Cyan) for Until UrU. If you prefer to save your offline game, just copy the SAV folder and the KIimages folder (if you have taken KI shots) to your desktop. You can move these back when finished.

I recommend that the easiest way to find the folders is to direct the initial installation (of each installation) to C:\Myst Uru Complete Chronicles (or C:\Uru: Ages Beyond Myst) or whatever drive you choose to install to.

First I installed UrU: CC (or UrU: ABM). Once installed I renamed the Myst UrU Complete Chronicles (or UrU: Ages Beyond Myst) folder to Until UrU - D'mala and then applied the appropriate patch. Then I right click on the UruSetup.exe file and select "Create Shortcut" and then rename this to "Until UrU - D'mala" and place it on my desktop. I now have a complete "clean" install for the Cyan shard.

Then for the second install I run the install again. When asked if I want to unistall the game ... I clicked "YES" and let that finish. I then run the SETUP.EXE again and install my second copy of UrU: CC. Once installed I rename the Myst UrU Complete Chronicles folder to Until UrU - Other Shards and then applied the appropriate patch. Then I right click on the UruSetup.exe file and select "Create Shortcut" and then rename this to "Until UrU - Other Shards" and place it on my desktop. I now have a complete "clean" install for all the other shards that I can use the User KI 1.1 on.

Then ... for my third install for the offline version ... I run the SETUP.EXE once more. When asked if I want to unistall the game ... I clicked "YES" and let that finish. I then run the SETUP.EXE again and install my third copy of UrU: CC. This last one is for offline play ONLY.

I have tried Marck's suggestion of using the patch he created and I could never get that to work ... and so I came up with this instead. I now have three different installations of UrU on my computer.

Hope this will help anyone else having issues with installing a second or third copy of the game.

#2 User is offline   J'ohn 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Member

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:46 PM

Thank you, GrayWolf! This advice will certainly come in handy to many people. :arianna:

SBS ;)

#3 User is offline   Kaelri 

• Red Leader
  • KI number:49612

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:41 AM

When I ran the install for the second time, after installing UU and renaming the folder, it didn't ask if I wanted to uninstall, as your procedure described.

It doesn't look like there's any problem - both UU and offline PotS seem to be running smoothly. Just thought it might be useful information.

#4 User is offline   CAGrayWolf 

• The Wolfmeister

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:41 AM

Kaelri, on Apr 9 2006, 08:41 AM, said:

Just thought it might be useful information.

Yes, thank you for posting this. Good to know that this is possible. ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users