Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stuck in First Two Ages.

#1 User is offline   Dougy 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:11 AM

So far Iíve managed to gain access to Toldehmer and Direbo. Iím pretty much lost in both. In Toldehmer Iím assuming I have to move the big ďprobesĒ or whatever to a certain position, made harder by the fact that the cables to one are broken.

Iíve been all around the age (I think), found the blue/red/green diagram and the hidden stair well that leads to a mechanism that pulls some of the cables Ė but Iíve no idea what effect activating it has. Iíve also found the three glowing symbols on a distant platform. However, how this all comes together Iíve no idea.

In Direbo Iíve discovered the giant steam stacks and the pond behind them. Iím assuming that by using the Bahro symbol to get the steam going ands somehow forms a path across the pond behind the bigger stack. Iíve found the diagram but canít put together how it relates to the smoke stacks controls. Obviously the blue is cold, the red hot and I think Iíve figured out which stacks are which (hot on the left, cold on the right) but as for how your supposed to set the controls Iím confused.

So far Iíve not been able to do much with the hot stacks, only make a very small path. With the cold Iíve had a bit more luck, but canít actually get to the path it forms.

So and advice would be great. Hits, tips or suggestions are all welcome.

Cheers.

#2 User is offline   CAGrayWolf 

• The Wolfmeister
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:26 AM

Dougy, on May 20 2006, 12:11 AM, said:

Iíve also found the three glowing symbols on a distant platform. However, how this all comes together Iíve no idea.

What do these shapes and sybols tell you? Specifically one of them is in relation to which control panel it relates to. How about scanning the skies for more info?

Dougy, on May 20 2006, 12:11 AM, said:

So far Iíve not been able to do much with the hot stacks, only make a very small path. With the cold Iíve had a bit more luck, but canít actually get to the path it forms.

My goodness, it is very cold here. Frozen controls offer little help. ;)

#3 User is offline   Dougy 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 21 May 2006 - 01:06 AM

Oooh cryptic. Thanks mate, give me a few ideas.

#4 User is offline   Menelmacar 

• telahm (guildsman)
  • KI number:02751833

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:05 PM

Bah, can't remember Todelmer, but I can help with 'Direbo' (I think it's actually called Tahgira, isn't it?)

Click here to view a spoiler.

CM

#5 User is offline   Dougy 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 28 May 2006 - 07:05 PM

Thanks Menelmacar. I'll have another go.

#6 User is offline   Dougy 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:52 PM

I'm completely stuck in Direbo. I finished Todelmer, but I can't figure out the pipe things in Direbo. Anyone help?

#7 User is offline   jjoonathan 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:43 PM

Dougy, on Jun 1 2006, 05:52 PM, said:

I'm completely stuck in Direbo. I finished Todelmer, but I can't figure out the pipe things in Direbo. Anyone help?

You mean Tagira?

#8 User is offline   Dougy 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:34 AM

You mean Tagira?

Guess so, sorry.

#9 User is offline   Dougy 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 10 June 2006 - 01:30 AM

Iím still hacking away at this pipe thing and am this close to throwing the game in the bin. Can someone please just give me the solution to this?

P.S. Previously I said I had finished Toldelmer, however, I was wrong. I just managed to unlatch one of the arms on the tablet holding thingy. So Iíve figured I have to find more symbols and put their coordinates into the scopes. However, I cannot find any others. Iíve looked all over and canít find anything, nor do I have a clue as to how I should proceed.

This game is making me feel really, really stupid. The enjoyment of having to puzzle out solutions that was apparent in earlier Myst games I donít feel here Ė all Iíve felt is frustration. Perhaps Iím incredibly dim, but I honestly canít find anything to help me get my bearings. In the original Myst and Riven there were little clues to suggest you where on the right path. Here I canít find anything like that and the little Iíve accomplished has been purely because I stumble upon the solution, not that I actually knew what it was.

I really want to enjoy this game, but at the moment Iím not and I donít know if itís because it simply to hard for me or Iím completely missing something. Perhaps Iím looking at things form the wrong perspective or something?

#10 User is offline   CAGrayWolf 

• The Wolfmeister
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 11 June 2006 - 01:39 PM

OK ... calm down and relax. This game really is more like Myst than most of the others. Sometimes the puzzle are too simple and we think too hard and complex.

In this Age there is far more to do than in the others, in that you have more contraption to adjust to allow and give your the needed viewing capabilities. The telescope is your friend, but as well there tend to be obstructions that need to be adjusted and fine tuned to allow your to view what you need to see.

I'm still trying to keep this as hints without fully spoiling it for you ... yet.

#11 User is offline   David Mouse 

• telahm (guildsman)

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:25 AM

Speaking of which, I've just got to Todelmer, after finishing Taghira, with only a few nudges, and I'm lost.

#12 User is offline   River 

• River
  • Group: Member

Posted 15 June 2006 - 11:37 PM

Dougy,

There might be a bit of "Trail and error" in MYSTV but, most of the answers do have some origin. This game simply asks that you 'slow down and apply what you've learned' - much more readily than prior games I believe. - stick with it - If we were to 'give' you the answer you'd be 'face-palming' yourself for sometime.

And Mouse - please do post on your own created thread. It will get rather confusing if there are two 'posters' herein.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users