MYSTcommunity: Mysterium 2006 Picture Thread! - MYSTcommunity

• 2 Pages +

Mysterium 2006 Picture Thread! Just thought I'd start it!

#1 User is offline   Ran 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:29 PM

So, here's my gallery. It shall be updated with new photos every night. ENJOY!

http://www.mystmaker...rium/Mysterium/

Ran

#2 User is offline   drwho73 

• rehlyihmah (the unseen)
  • Group: Member

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:15 AM

Enjoy them I am, Ran!!! Will have a bit more time to gaze upon them more during my lunch hour....you're da-bomb-diggity!!! Thank you so much!! :) ;)

#3 User is offline   linkerjpatrick 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:06 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing what the 2-D attendees are doing. Someone keep an eye out on them and what kind of mischief they are getting into. BTW, see if someone call slip me under the door in the basement.

#4 User is offline   Linkbookmaster 

• telahm (guildsman)

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:57 AM

I'll be posting an entire Mysterium page on my website once I get back to San Antonio.

And why is there a curse word on one of the chairs? :)

#5 User is offline   Kha'tie 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:13 PM

Thank you for hosting/posting these, Ran!!

I missed you guys this year... I'm so happy you all had fun! :)

#6 User is offline   chucker 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Admin
  • KI number:196082

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:32 PM

GD at Cyan sent me this huge and gorgeous panorama Rand Miller made. Great job Rand! :)

Posted Image

Click the picture for different sizes, or: check out the full size version.

#7 User is offline   Arianna 

• padded cell crayon artist
  • Group: Moderator
  • KI number:What KI?

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:56 PM

Grrreat snap! My thanks to GD, Rand & of course Chucker for sharing! :)
I soooo wish I was there too! ;)

#8 User is offline   linkerjpatrick 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:37 PM

Where's the 2-D attenddes? I didn't see my or some of the other one there.

#9 User is offline   Ran 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:25 PM

The 2D attendees book is with me until I can get it sent to Mihsh... Anything I can do for you in the mean time? :)

Oh, my pictures are down till later today when I upload the rest of my pictures.

Ran

#10 User is offline   River 

• River

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:05 AM

And I need to offer a huge appology to Ki'Sak - He emailed me his image to bring for 2D and I ditzed and failed to print it for the book.

Just to alert everyone that River IS NOT the guy you want to remember things. :)

#11 User is offline   linkerjpatrick 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:20 AM

Ran, on Jul 31 2006, 10:25 PM, said:

The 2D attendees book is with me until I can get it sent to Mihsh... Anything I can do for you in the mean time? :)

Oh, my pictures are down till later today when I upload the rest of my pictures.

Ran

No, I meant did anyone take any pictures of the 2-D's at Mysterium as in the past? I remember in the past they would at least have a shot of the 2-D's sitting in chairs, mowing grass, drinking soft drinks, sleeping in the motel beds, etc.

I think most of the people who send their photos in to attend in 2-D are not any less fans but for one reason or the other just can't make either because of the distance, finances or conflicting schedules. I would love to attend one day in true 3-D form but as of yet I have not been able to.

I am grateful they were taken in a notebook however.

The reason I do "attend" in 2-D is my way of saying, wish I was there but maybe one day.

#12 User is offline   Eleri 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:04 AM

Here's our collection:
http://www.tezhme.ne...tons/mysterium/

#13 User is offline   Arianna 

• padded cell crayon artist
  • KI number:What KI?

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:55 AM

Got Linking Book?
(on the car)

LOLOL!!! :)
Great pics, Eleri! Thanks so much for sharing them! ;)

#14 User is offline   Saphira 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:04 PM

Okay, about the 2Ders - we ran into a few unanticipated snags.

The plan was always to add my 2Ders to Mushy's in book that she originally made for Aquila. It was a good way to keep all of our 30 or so 2Ders in one place so that we wouldn't lose anyone.

When I ran into Mushy late Thursday night, I handed over my stack of people to be added to the book. It was her book, she wanted to add them, I didn't argue. =P I honestly don't know if anyone got pictures of the 2Ders before or after they went into the book.

Well, Mush had to leave suddenly for personal reasons and I feared our poor 2Ders lost. Perhaps they had travelled with Mushy on a grand adventure. I wished them well and planned to ask about them once I ran into someone who might know.

Then, when I finally got to Cyan (I walked...silly me) Ran found me and handed me a folder...full of 2Ders! So you guys were at Cyan, and I tried to slip you under the door of the basement, Patrick, but all of the floors were restricted access except for the first and second floors that we could access by stairs....Although I got a lovely picture of the elevator buttons.

So, I finished putting everyone into the book after I got back from Cyan, and during the presentations the book was passed around and most of the people there signed our 2Ders. =)

The book was mailed back to Mushy (or will be) and I do believe that she is planning on scanning the pictures and sending them to their owners. Or maybe she'll just post a big conglomeration of scanned images. I don't know what she's planning...but one way or another, you will be able to see that you were there.

Because of the size and construction of the book, it was very difficult to take out individual people and do those crazy things with them. In furture years, if we continue with the book, we may think about printing one picture for the book, and several other full size ones to play around with. That would've worked better. It's still a grand learning process.

I'm not implying that 2D fans are any less crazy and devoted as the rest of us. I understand all too well the financial constraints and prior commitments that keep us from going where we really wish to go. Do know that your images were at Cyan. All of the pictures that I have of Cyan headquarters, including the huge Q&A in the 'backyard' I had the 2Ders under my arm (in various stages of completion). You were not forgotten, you were not left abandoned in a hotel room and only brought out when convienent. You were with us every step of the way.

If you have any other questions or just want to yell and fuss at me, just PM or email me. =P

~Saph

Oh, the 2Der titled as 'noname' (that's what the pic was called! And she didn't give me a name in the email!) is really Korah, she sent me her name yesterday. =)

#15 User is offline   linkerjpatrick 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:38 PM

Thanks for the info. I was afraid I was sound ungrateful but that was not the case. I was just wondering. thanks for your time and hard work in helping the 2-Ders let the others know how much we wish we were there. Money has been pretty tight for us the past few years but I have a feeling things are starting to change in a good way. My wife and I have been married for 10 years now and she has wanted to go back to Maine where she grew up and visit friends and family (her immediate family has lived down here for about 12 years) but it has not been possible for us to either afford a trip or get away because of other conflicts. The northwest (including Cyan) is one of the places I long to visit. Maybe in the not too distant future.

#16 User is offline   drwho73 

• rehlyihmah (the unseen)

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:58 PM

Saph- no worries, on the yelling/fuss. You're still da-bomb-diggity chickie!! :)

Ran- Love the supplement/update. Fantastic job!!

Eleri- Enjoy your section o' pics too. Dyno-mite!!!

Comparing with last years pics of everybody...and some of the name tags....I can kinda finally figure out who's who, and I gotta say its cool & I love it.

#17 User is offline   Saphira 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 01 August 2006 - 04:07 PM

drwho73: I didn't really expect anyone to fuss at me, just giving them the opportunity if they were so inclined. :laugh:

linker: you didn't sound ungrateful, but I did get a feeling that you were a bit hurt. I hope I diffused that a bit, and everyone will be with us next year. :)

My crop of pictures will be uploaded this year. And possibly last year's too. But it'll be about three weeks. I have to get a decent connection first. So just keep a lookout. ;)

~Saph

#18 User is offline   Frodo 

• telnahvah (guildmaster)

Posted 01 August 2006 - 04:09 PM

I unfortunately did not have a camera with me, as I have yet to invest in a digital camera and lugging my really big (if really nice) Canon around gets tiresome, not to mention scanning the photos later on. So you shall have to steal Saph's or River's pictures to find decent shots of me :)

#19 User is offline   linkerjpatrick 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 01 August 2006 - 04:47 PM

Saphira, on Aug 1 2006, 05:07 PM, said:

linker: you didn't sound ungrateful, but I did get a feeling that you were a bit hurt. I hope I diffused that a bit, and everyone will be with us next year. ;)
~Saph

Not hurt. It's just pictures of pictures. Slightly concerned maybe. Hurt would be a 10 on a scale of 1 - 10 with happy with life. and slightly concerned would be maybe a 3 or 3.5

:)

#20 User is offline   MPaans 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:58 PM

As being one of the people who didn't make it, I'd like to say it's absolutely great to see the pics people took. (Tho, a little bittersweet, 'cos I'd rather have been there, of course). I'm looking at the photos and I'm going like: "Oh cool! he/she made it". It's great to see everyone together again. :) Looking forward to new photos.

#21 User is offline   Ran 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:55 PM

Geeeeee, some other people could post some pictures!!! :)

Saphi, the book will be mailed tomorrow or thursday depending on how work is.... I know, I know, I'm taking my good sweet time! But there are other things to send along that are taking a wee bit of time. Alas, the pictures are safe!

Love you all!
Ran

#22 User is offline   Eleri 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:30 PM

Arianna, on Aug 1 2006, 11:55 AM, said:

Got Linking Book?
(on the car)

LOLOL!!! :)
Great pics, Eleri! Thanks so much for sharing them! ;)

That's still on it, too! Everything else got washed off.

#23 User is offline   CAGrayWolf 

• The Wolfmeister

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:07 PM

Wolfie's Mysterium Pictures
Yes ... click on the link above. :)

#24 User is offline   Eleri 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:38 PM

how depressing is it that this got moved to *past* meetings? :)

#25 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:48 PM

That. Is. SO. COOL! :)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users