MYSTcommunity: Does anyone have a picture of the weights in Atrus's study? - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Does anyone have a picture of the weights in Atrus's study? In the beginning of myst III

#1 User is offline   justlikewebreak 

• rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:33 AM

I'm at one of the ending puzzles and to be honest I really don't want to go all the way back from this world to the study. Does anyone have those little examples on his desk? Of the blue and fire and wood marbles? It would be extremely helpful. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   J'ohn 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:42 AM

I don't recall any such hints in Atrus' study. Do you mean the weights in Saavedro's bedroom in J'nanin?

The premise of the game is that the Stranger cannot get back to Tomahna to ask Atrus for hints. :D

SBS :D

#3 User is offline   Prince Sunner 

• wamakaskanskan
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 26 February 2007 - 06:25 PM

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought "Saavedro's bedroom" was Atrus's office. Since I completely missed the weights the first time around (didn't even know they were there), I stumbled through the Amateria puzzle by trial and error. Mostly error as I didn't know whether I was getting closer or farther away from the solution.

Reminds me in Myst where the sounds in the Selenitic Age will make no sense unless you went through I think Mechanical Age first. So if you're in Selenitic Age and you didn't visit Mechanical Age first, you're kind of screwed... but whenever you load a game you're dropped off at the start of the age, so you could trek back to Mechanical if you wanted to.

Similarly, it shouldn't be much of a pain to trek back to J'nannin and then return to Amateria, if you really want to see those weights.

Strikes me as a bad design decision to place important information in completely different areas, but then, the booklets keep encouraging "take notes of everything you see", and Riven pretty much required it considering how huge it was. But if you fail to notice something important or fail to see something as important, then I only see frustration.

To answer your question, I don't have the picture. Go back to J'nannin, it's not much of a hike back there.

#4 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:37 PM

It depends what he means by 'ending puzzle'. The Age Ending puzzles that activate the rides, or
Click to reveal hidden content
the puzzle with the shields in Narayan
? If it's and end-of-age puzzle, you can easily hike back. Just go find a J'nanin linking book. If it's near the end of the game, there is no way to go back, since
Click to reveal hidden content
Saavedro linked into Tomahna with the only J'nanin linking book back. To add insult to injury, it burnt to a crisp in that fire he set, and so there's no way back... to J'nanin, that is.

If you do so happen to find a way out, you might want to think twice before using it. Remember what Saavedro said about linking books and doors... :D

The weights and many other important hints are all in Saavedro's bedroom, not Atrus' Study. The latter was where you linked to J'nanin from.

#5 User is offline   J'ohn 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:03 PM

View PostPrince Sunner, on Feb 27 2007, 02:25 AM, said:

Reminds me in Myst where the sounds in the Selenitic Age will make no sense unless you went through I think Mechanical Age first. So if you're in Selenitic Age and you didn't visit Mechanical Age first, you're kind of screwed... but whenever you load a game you're dropped off at the start of the age, so you could trek back to Mechanical if you wanted to.

Or perchance not. :D

SBS :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users