MYSTcommunity: Adventures In Exile - MYSTcommunity

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »

Adventures In Exile How I Played Hooky From Work!

#26 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:23 AM

Well!

I backtracked through Haven and found a few more clues. I worked out the gate that got me up to the edge of the pool. Very clever. The carved plinths with the icon on them are still a mystery, but I've sketched down their shapes and the shapes of the totems they are on. Now what they relate to, I'll have to find out.

Have been getting a lot of history just using the memory jewel that Yeesha dropped. One thing for sure, I really don't know who's more messed up - Sirrus or Achenar.

Also, what's up with the horns I keep hearing? Can't find the source..

More later..

Deb.

#27 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:38 PM

Okay..

Went out to the tipped-up ship wreck and got the elevator to get me up to the second level. Found the trick to get the bridge to come up so I could get in.

Oh. My. Word..

Skeletons everywhere and found Achenar's journal.

I found the map, with the paths and the locations (I think) of the totems and the animals they represent. Now the totems have designs on them that correspond to the sliders in the box that control the hand-shaped bridge. I fiddled with those for a while - obviously there's an order they need to be set in, and this is what I don't have yet.

In his journal, Achenar described each of the animals he encountered in turn, but I didn't jot it down. I have to go back and re-read it and see if that is the key.

Later..

#28 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

Well!

I've been poking around Haven for a while. I watched a pair of Mangree almost get eaten then found one that was hurt - or very badly winded. It's mate pitched a fruit at me and I pushed the red berry over to the downed animal.. then left.

I cannot fathom the movement of that part of the puzzle.

I have found one last totem but there's three Mangree that seem to be playing on the thing, obscuring my view of the final symbol on it's frontside. Somehow these icons correspond to the sliders by the hand-shaped bridge that go to Achenar's home in the middle of the pond. Got to finger it out so I can get the bridge down and enter.

Now how to get those guys off that totem. Has to be a way with those three noisemakers.. What's the proper sequence of tones?

Am going back now for a few more hours of stumbling 'round like I'm blindfolded.

Deb.

#29 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:17 PM

Most excellent! Last night I paid attention to what was happening in Haven. I fingered out the tones and mimicked the call that got the Mangree off the last totem. Was a simple matter to work out the combination to get to Achenar's home.

Interesting entries in his journal and after about 10 minutes of staring at the other notes left around the place I worked out what they were about. *Then* I got to the south forest - which I REALY like and lo, the last puzzle, which took an hour to suss out correctly.

(technical note: make sure your mouse speed is set to a fairly quick tracking - this makes a lot of difference in how much you have to work at the actual performing of the last puzzle)

Heee! I got it and also, I THINK, found a way to get a problem solved on Serenia..

Obviously, I'm doing this out of order. I think my journey SHOULD have started on one of the Prison Ages first and not skipped straight to Serenia - my only hope is that the path is recoverable and there aren't things I've tripped up wrong by going this way. Now that I think on it, having met both Sirrus and Achenar on Serenia, I'm glad I got to Haven first and sorted through those puzzles. Although Achenar started out quite bloodthirsty and paranoid, he definitely has changed. His notes on the Mangree are fairly obvious WRT that fact.

This leaves Spire, which is scary enough - and frankly, Sirrus gives me the flat out willies.

Ermmm.

Deb.

#30 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:17 AM

Quick note..

I returned to Serenia and fingered out (literally) the water gate at the lowest level - then managed to meet a few more of the natives. Got a tip on my spirit-guide - wind! - and got it all happy with me. Wondered what the action with the bubbles, pollen and flames was about.. Then went into the memory chamber and am currently working on the puzzle in Dream.

Geez-Louise!

I sort of have it.. got the color sequence down but that's about it.

Of course the puzzles requiring the least action have the trickiest execution.

Deb.

#31 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:58 PM

Oh for God's sake!!

This Dream puzzle is killing me!

I'm probably going to get good and blitzed and see if I can make a better go of it, 'cos right now I'm pulling my hair out!

"Rasputin, I'm very cross indeed..!"

Deb.

#32 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:10 PM

A busy spring and summer kept me away, but I returned to pick up where I left off..

Which was running away. From the Dream Puzzle, and so now I'm back to Spire.. and I remember why I don't like it.

MATH!

Grrr...

Deb.

#33 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:43 PM

More on this walkaround on Spire.. I found more notes left by Sirrus - and one was almost underfoot - how did I miss that before? Well, I've got 11 lines with three numbers across on each. I have a chair that reminds me of the control chair on Riven, but more sinister.. rather spider-like, if you ask me. and I can move the controls only one stop - it did more earlier, but I fiddled with the roll-top circuit boxes earlier and shut off some circuits. Almost finagled the two of those, but they seem hit-or-miss with getting the energy levels to the right spot to make the floating pod stop at the correct level.. If there's a trick, I sure can't find it.. Bah!

I need to make heads of the circuit panel out at the edge of the tower, the three big white crystals, the chair.. what's out at the place where the pod goes..

Ermm. Can I go back to Edanna? I flunked Electricity and Electronics in 7th grade shop.. this is gonna suck!

Numbers.. numbers.. I don't get it.. :-(

#34 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:35 PM

Limited Success!

I got across to the other 'island' and found the power relays there. I'll eventually set out my thoughts on the next walkthrough.

I can't let myself get distracted by plots right now - such is my frustration over this age.

I just don't like it. It's haunting, creepy and stunning - but I am having such a hard time seeing the connections between what I'm getting and how - almost half of what I do strikes me as random, hit-or-miss.

So now all the relays are lit, which is of course the wrong 'voltage' and the circuit breaker in the chair is popping.

Head, meet desk!

Time to go back and re-read every note I can find.

Deb.

#35 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:11 AM

Lots happened, and oddly enough, very little.

As before, I managed to suss out the correct power levels to get the floating pod to actually release and scoot over to the other tower. Dropped down the rope to the lower level - HOLEE CATS! it's not pleasant there. The yellow-green planet below - with the crackling electricity.. scary.. and hypnotic. Found the viewer and lo, thre's another bit of something underneath that first tower that I cannot get to. But I got some notes on what I saw. Should help.

I figured out the trick for getting the bound rock to rise so I could get across to the big switch-box - there's a lot more switches to throw, and I managed to get enough lit so that I'm within the amount needed to match the levels listed on the spider-chair.. (lots of fumbling with THAT)

On that chair, I have to be careful. If there's more power to it than than needed it will throw the circuit-breaker.. found that out the frustrating way.

Also, I noticed the three lights on the right side of the chair panel do change reflecting the power output so I have to work that out..

I got it to drop all the way down and got to the three cable sets - they took a bit of work, but in an inspired burst I THINK I understand what they are for, so I dug through my notes and set two, the third I think I may have to go back and see if Yeesha's memory crystal will give me an answer for the correct setting. With the condition it's in, will it even work?

Can't do much with making the 'harp' play.. I've copied the lines with the 'music' and played them, but I think there may be an issue with speed - like the mangree puzzle - or something's not set correctly. I have re-read all the notes - and have gone as far as to shut down everything but the 11 power relays to see what I can make happen with the blue crystals. No dice.

So, I'm a bit stumped and need to work on some other angles here.. but I think I am getting closer on grasping the logic at work in this age.

Deb.

#36 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:35 PM

Ugh.

I updated my interface to Snow Leopard and couldn't get back to work on the situation in Spire. I finally managed to get a working install so I could get back to the Ages, but I have to start over again! I have gone straight away to Spire and am working through it, maybe see if I can find more with a fresh outlook, though now I seem to be more hit or miss on the circuits to get the floating pod across to the large array.. God save me, I'm NOT going to use cheats even if this kills me.

I DID find a clue however, in the Nara chess pieces. A bit of an 'A-ha!' moment. How did I miss that before?

#37 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

Okay. Finally got tired of the glitches with the Snow Leopard install and booted into Leopard.. then ran smack into the SAME issue with timing that I encountered with the Mangree puzzle. Ugh. So finally a patched re-install later, it's back into my original saved games and got a few more of the puzzles worked out. Yeesha's memory crystal that I found in the fireplace in Tomanha is a godsend. Though in the latest walkthrough in the garden, I noticed the green plants way off to the left, and the fact that Sirrus was/is extracting *something* from them to use with a syringe? Ewww. Not good!

I'm still flubbing around with the relays - have to find the correct settings for the chair to work correctly. Is it me, os does the uppermost chamber it sits in, with the quartz tubes running out of, give the chair a 'spider in the web' look? I do NOT like that metaphorical appearance.

Oh, this can NOT be good. Sirrus is trouble, of that I have NO doubt. I'm almost not wanting to finish this age, but I have to and I need to find Yeesha and get in touch with Atrus.

Off to fiddle with the power array on the far island. I have managed to finger out the back and forth combination on the roll-top boxes to get that pod working so getting there is a quick bit of business.

Later.

#38 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:11 PM

Oh I'm almost at it here..

I just can't make the 'lock' pieces in the chair turn! I know - sort of - what they do and basically understand the need to set up the vibrations/pitches on the harp to make the things turn.. but in ALL of the fiddling with it, in all the times I've had to go back and retrace my steps - whether due to frustration or mechanical issues - I've only managed to to get a quarter turn on one of the things - and I totally didn't *know* what I was doing and forgot what I did to get me there...

Lord, have mercy!!

::Head, meet desk!:: :: Multiple times!!::

#39 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:39 PM

I GOT IT!

Oookay! As with the Mangree puzzle in Haven, timing is everything! (Also the game patch helps - why, oh why didn't I look for that *first*? Head meet desk indeed!)

I got the tones and the chair puzzle figured out and found Sirrus' journal, and where the second elevator goes.. It was what I feared, he used the rocks to set up the explosion that blew the security door off under Atrus and Katherine's room to free himself and Achenar. Sneaky, sneaky. Not at ALL happy with this rotten turn, from his journal entries, there's nothing but jealousy and pettiness in this one. I do NOT like Sirrus. I remember the note Achenar left for him that I found in the store room in the fort on the Mechanical age.. Greed is Sirrus' agenda.

Now that I've put all the puzzles together, I have to riffle through my notes, compiled over the last few years and solve the WHOLE puzzle in one go! I've restarted this journey so many times and had interminable hardware/software issues I've not a single complete path anymore to follow!

So far I've managed to work out my paths through Serenia (minus the Dream puzzle), Haven and Spire. Oddly enough, I recall on one of my earliest trips there, a memory fragment that showed one of Sirrus' experiments going wrong and the workshop nearly collapsing.. but I couldn't find that again.. Was it even real, or was I thinking of an event that happened on another Age?

Wow. This one has been a long time working through. So now I'm off to retrace my steps in Haven and then on to Serenia and maybe wrestle that Dream puzzle and beyond!

Deb.

#40 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

Okay!

Now I've found the trick to both Haven and Spire and it's back to Tomanha to chase after Achenar - IIRC, he comes out after you finish one of the prison ages, and it was back to the bookshelf in Yeesha's room. I lost my notes last time so I got a calligraphy pen and made a short notation of the D'ni alphabet on the living room table. Found Yeesha's book in her room with the journal and read through that. Left handed writing D'ni letters - not easy! I worked out her bookshelf puzzle and got back to Serenia. This part for the most is fairly academic, as I'd been here before.

Did find a water diagram by the pool where I met Anya. Another 'a-ha!' moment in that I fingered out how to divert the water away from the old memory chamber - well as much as possible. Met a few more of the sisters and got my spirit guide again. Same as before, wind.

Now THIS time I managed the dream puzzle by moving in small steps around the first white spirit - I guess that's Yeesha? This alone tells me she's already in Sirrus' hands - that and my spirit guide saying she's alive but not 'awake' or whatever.. maybe Sirrus distilled something on Spire and has her unconscious. Got the color codes at the end of my Dream, and jotted those down. Color groups in three. Must match with the color-'watch' I found hanging on the *three-sided* elevator in Spire. (Methinks there is a bit of a theme here..) I bumped into Sirrus as he was coming out of the old chamber and of course he's given me a right line of it. I READ his journal on Spire. Will NOT trust this one at all. Glad he's gone back inside.

I did trip back to Tomanha, not expecting to find Atrus, but I landed in the original patio that I came to the LAST time I visited - that whole fiasco with Saavedro.. Office seems hardly a bit changed and there's a letter on Atrus' desk.. Hmmm. I found the back-door to the room with the power-box and I let Yeesha's bugs out of their box. I recall doing this one before, when I hadn't gotten the power on and she got ticked at me. I'm a big chicken - so I did it when she's stuck in Serenia. Will see what the result of that is later I fear.

I fumbled around with the viewer and got in touch with Atrus on Rime.. he sent me off to his room to get the codes for Haven and Spire - did so and worked out the viewer.. Practiced a bit and pulled up both of the Ages - of course there's nothing going on, but I know the machine now. Got the chair under the telescope working and turned on the satellite 'dish' and nosed the scope here and there and looked at the moon. Noticed the dials seem to accurately track the rotation and tilt but didn't have a coordinate to point to. Spent some time going over every note I could find to see if I missed something, so I'm assuming I need to get back to Serenia to move forward with this..

Am off to see if I can get into the second, old memory chamber. I'm positive that's where Yeesha is. In what state, is another matter.

#41 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:55 PM

Last night it all came to a close. I managed to work out the diving bell and with the water diverted, found the lower entry-way to the old memory chamber. Worked out the marble puzzle with only a bit of fumbling. Once I discovered how to move the marbles, and group them into threes based on the two groups of colors shown in the dream puzzle, it was pretty basic. Sirrus was in the 'life-pod' thing he'd made and was as I feared, using the memory globe to transfer his mind into Yeesha's. Achenar was truthful, and I threw the proper switch and ended up having to go back into the Dream - took me a while to find the hanging Dream portal thing with the two 'eyes'.. I really do need to learn to look up!

The first part of the puzzle, sorting Yeesha's memories took a bit of finagling, the whole conversation made more sense after I wrote down each bit and ordered them properly. THAT took a bit of time, but I approached the puzzle as if it were a card game and dealt with the five stacks of phrases. As happenstance would have it, two of the icons only needed one phrase attached to them, and the rest sorted themselves out after about an hour of moving everything around. God only knows how I hit it right - I don't think I could sort that again if I had to! The second part, with Sirrus' thoughts/sentences took even less time, since it was a near perfect example of language - I wrote down all the lines he spoke and looked at the icons and it was only a matter of working out the sorting order. Much less obscure than Yeesha's conversation.

Good riddance to you Sirrus! Lying snake! Wonder what it was that caused him to become the psychopathic whack-job he did. BOTH the sons seemed to have their Grandfather's power-hunger, though of the two, Sirrus was far more dangerous FOR his seemingly smooth ways. The face of an angel.. The soul of an unrepentant devil.

Was not at all happy that Achenar died - I think he was crazy still, but he paid for his past in saving Yeesha and in the end redeemed himself.

I am sorry for Katherine and Atrus' loss. I hope Yeesha isn't too traumatized. :D

So, here I leave my journal for a little while, I have to work out how to get my interface equipment prepared for my next Myst visit. Again, I am having issues, this time it's the wrong *kind* of device.. (Intel Mac) so I'm off to work this out. I can't even get the next installment TO install. Am going to get all patches in and working *before* I even start this next journey.

Later..

#42 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

Well that was easy! A minor bit of digging on my end and I found the patch to get the End of Ages volume in. Much happiness.

I started off well enough. Came to the very same room I initially met Atrus in, though he is nowhere to be seen and I am not sanguine about the opening message at all. Oh dear.

After a few trips fumbling with the interface controls, I have made a bit of headway learning *how* to move around here. This first Age is a bit sparse - sad almost - and the bug-like creatures, so very shy but their chirping and calls are kind of creepy. I hope they are not dangerous.

I picked up an imager and a journal, but it's text is very hard for me to see, so I will be sticking to this one. I am having a heck of a time working out the imager, so I plan on using my interface's own built-in screen grab tool - command+shift+3 and with my display set to it's highest resolution, I should get nice sharp snaps of my trip.

I finally met Yeesha - found a pedestal in bubble-like dome that seems to be a portal. She was all grown up and quite tense and spiky! She's pretty angry - that is for sure. Will find out, I'm certain, what's got her that way.

Met a gent called Escher, he seems a likable enough fellow, so he pointed me in the right direction and I found the Great Shaft.

Whoa.

LOVE IT!

Have explored as much of it as I can, and worked out how to get the floor to raise up. Been picking up the parts of Yeesha's journal, though I haven't read them yet.. I have all 12, so eventually I'll do that. I have listened to the recorded messages she's left on the drum-shaped viewers, is it me or is she feeling a bit guilty about things? Should really read all the journals I suppose. I've jumped in to the four islands on Darebo and have opened all the gates - Escher said he'd meet me on one of the Ages, but I'm going to go back up to the room with the first one and go 1-4 in order through them all.

So I've got my pencils sharpened, my notes all sorted and I'm off to the first Age.

More later.

#43 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

Tagira (hope that's the right spelling) it is. (Lakia was where Escher *said* he'd meet me when I was at the bottom of the Great Shaft.. I am such a nudj..)

Snow world that was a prison age for the D'ni, and I am learning to use the pedestal. I figured out the cracking ice underfoot and by drawing the 'home' icon on the tablet, dropped it on the spot where the glyph was in the snow and the Bahro picked it up and left a crack. Was a bit unnerving to step on the thing, I had a vision of the crack being like the one Atrus went into at the beginning of Myst, but it was a short tumble to the ground. Practiced getting back to the home pedestal, so I at least will not be so hesitant to try things.

I am a bit worried about dropping the slate, as I don't want to get stuck somewhere so I have to take it on faith that I will not get into a spot I cannot get out of.

Still.

The newness of this adventure unnerves me.

I managed to cross the bridge using the glyph on the ice above and find the third pedestal. Love the fairy-tale look of the buildings and those trees! Got a GREAT snapshot..

TaghiraSnap.png - http://i.imgur.com/U2aiOkU.png

Hmm. Blue and red valves and a graph and the pipes in the water at the end that I cannot go through.

Am going to check out all the little 'boiler' things with the large switches..

Later.

#44 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:00 PM

So, I approached one of the steam 'boilers' and Escher appeared again.. Told me what I suspected already, that I need to use the slate to make the steam run.
Worked out that the three valves pop up that way and am working on the correct positions to throw them that gets me across the pond.. the heat makes the lichen grow, so I can step on it?

Hrmmm.

#45 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

Ngrhfffkppptt! !!! !! I keep falling off the lichen path! Curse this control setup.. !

That's it.. I'm off to dinner before I kill myself.

#46 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

Ha! I figured out the little switches by the sides of the pond and made a path that I could get across with. After several tries falling off the path, I got across that and met Escher again.. He gave a cryptic response and then left..

"Let them take you to the keep, or it will run from you.." - I suppose The Keep is the name for the dome - since it's where the four-way slate is.. but I could see the last glyph clearly enough and I wrote it down on the slate and the Bahro took it and put it inside.. Now I skipped back to the first pedestal and the icon for the last is showing.

As I see this, the Bahro will take the slates and put them on the new pillars and it adds to the 'list' of activated portals within each age.

Nice.

So now I got that first challenge done.. I think these are much easier to solve than my last time to the Myst worlds.. either that, or I'm getting better sussing out the logic at play in each.

Will see what's next.

#47 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

AAAAAAAAaaaAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Oh my stars and planets!!!!

Am not EVEN going to think about ANYTHING here but the view.. for a while, that is..

Heaven. Just heaven.

#48 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

I left the slate on the podium, this time is the tourist trip.. I met Escher again once I got to the main entrance of the tower. He gave me some more insight and left. Very brief. I wanted to go straight away to the top, but it was blocked. So I went back down and searched around, and found the power switches. Got the inactive 'scope' to move the cables out of the way.. that's an no-brainer. When I left, I looked up! Found a set of glowing co-ordinates. Nice. Already know where that goes. Need to find the other two. What's with the bugs? How can one fly sound like a swarm? SO irritating!

As this was/is the 'shutterbug' run (as much as I can make it, it seems I have no choice but to play!) I ran with abandon.. Oh my! What a lovely place. I think this compares with Riven and Edanna in natural splendor. I could sit here for *days*. Ponder the magnificence AND power indeed. Anyhow, I took snaps galore and winnowed the best down to a friendly amount.

Toldemer01.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/rnuPpFv.jpg - This one I took just inside the tower doorway. I stitched two snaps together to show the scale of the room.. Impressive.

Composition-wise, I tried to show the grandeur and scale of the views.

Toldemer02.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/7jWZYfs.jpg
Toldemer03.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/azXrPuA.jpg
Toldemer04.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/isuE34m.jpg
Toldemer05.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/cg5EQGE.jpg
Toldemer06.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/QNc3WRK.jpg

Will be getting more as I work my way to the other pedestals.

Later.

#49 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:13 AM

Oh, what I wouldn't give to have some telescopes like the ones here! I just love it!

I got up on the roof of the first tower and found another set of co-ordinates on the far one.. Put them into the appropriate viewer.. still need the third, and went back up to look around some more.

Of course I got into the dome-room on the top, and found the map.. That green line means I must be able to go across using the hanging cable car. I gave the lever a few tugs but it didn't seem to do much. Will work that out later, but I have to leave this fantastic place and return home to attend to the harsh winter reality of about 16 inches of snow!

Will get back to business once I get my vehicle extracted from the weather's grip.

#50 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:06 PM

That was interesting!

I noticed that the cable-car WAS moving a bit, so I pulled it across - lost track of how many pumps on the handle to get the car across, but nope.. it doesn't do much. Can climb up on the top of it however. I went back to the top telescope and found by CAREFULLY looking around I can see the code to the second pedestal. Cool!

So I went down to The Keep and sent the Bahro on ahead with the slate and followed along.

Oddly enough, I'm getting over my fear of working with them. Escher seemed to imply that they are sinister, but from what Yeesha wrote in her journal, they are or have been used. They will pick up the slate if I put it down, but will return it to the home pedestal - that may be inconvenient, but not insurmountable. Put it where it's safe and I know where to go to get it. I just don't get that he's calling their ability to use the slates perverted. Also, I noticed in Yeesha's journal that the home-shaped slate had the 'pain' symbol on it, and that it correlated to the prison age. Was I supposed to use that somehow? Oh goodness.

I got across to the second pedestal, and again, the swarm-of-flies noise from ONE! That's REALLY grating. I can't find any clues to what they are about.. just something to annoy me with, I suppose. I grabbed a bunch of shots and found the THIRD pedestal by *carefully* scanning with the telescope on the small platform-tower.. It helps to use full zoom - and how clear the scope is!

Got some more snaps from the second big tower and realized I should have left the cable-car on THIS side. ::sigh:: (I thought my density on Voltaic was profound!) ~SO~ I went back to the other side and cranked it back after a gazillion times pumping the handles and back across then climbed down into the tower proper. Got the power on, found another glyph - and met Escher again. Very brief, but his insistence I "make them.." - the Bahro - move the stars isn't exactly comforting. He just seems so aggressive with regards to them. It's setting my spider-sense off, and not in a good way. Ermmm..

So here I'm breaking to have dinner, glad I can once again access my journal, so will report back later and post the snaps of the trip so far..

Deb.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users