MYSTcommunity: Order of totem synbols - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Order of totem synbols WHAT???

#1 User is offline   turner 

• rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:56 PM

Ok it has been awhile, I've been playing along pretty well alone up to now. I've found some helpful hints in the forum but I'm at a standstill. I have the symbols from the totems, even managed to get those crazy monkeys out of the way. Now I do not know what order to put the symbols in to get the bridge to drop, I assume it is a bridge. Could someone give me a real good spoiler, I'm ready for one now, I've done combonations until I'm blue!!! :P (we still need a crazy smily)

#2 User is offline   Vexis Larseker 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:15 PM

View Postturner, on Jun 11 2007, 04:56 PM, said:

Ok it has been awhile, I've been playing along pretty well alone up to now. I've found some helpful hints in the forum but I'm at a standstill. I have the symbols from the totems, even managed to get those crazy monkeys out of the way. Now I do not know what order to put the symbols in to get the bridge to drop, I assume it is a bridge. Could someone give me a real good spoiler, I'm ready for one now, I've done combonations until I'm blue!!! :P (we still need a crazy smily)

Let me give you a minor hint first.

Click to reveal hidden content
Look for a clue in the hut near the monkey totem.

#3 User is offline   turner 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:53 PM

View PostVexis Larseker, on Jun 11 2007, 06:15 PM, said:

Thanks Vexis, I'll try that next time I play, I'm just checking the forum now. A household of 8 does not give me much comp. time!!!

#4 User is offline   turner 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:20 PM

View PostVexis Larseker, on Jun 11 2007, 06:15 PM, said:

Thanks Vexis, I'll try that next time I play, I'm just checking the forum now. A household of 8 does not give me much comp. time!!! Ok I have some time. I found the rolled tarp by the door, can't believe I missed that but I don't get it. What does the food-chain have to do with those symbols? Sorry I'm dense tonight!!

#5 User is offline   Vexis Larseker 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:37 PM

View Postturner, on Jun 11 2007, 08:20 PM, said:

Thanks Vexis, I'll try that next time I play, I'm just checking the forum now. A household of 8 does not give me much comp. time!!! Ok I have some time. I found the rolled tarp by the door, can't believe I missed that but I don't get it. What does the food-chain have to do with those symbols? Sorry I'm dense tonight!!

OK, a little more spoilery.

Does the food chain suggest any possible orderings to you?

A lot more spoilery:

5 rows, with 1 footprint in the top row, all the way to 5 in the bottom row. How many switches are on the bridge? Can you equate the footprints to animals to totems?

#6 User is offline   turner 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:00 AM

View PostVexis Larseker, on Jun 11 2007, 10:37 PM, said:

View Postturner, on Jun 11 2007, 08:20 PM, said:

OK, a little more spoilery.

Does the food chain suggest any possible orderings to you?

A lot more spoilery:

5 rows, with 1 footprint in the top row, all the way to 5 in the bottom row. How many switches are on the bridge? Can you equate the footprints to animals to totems?

Ok that is what I've ben trying to do. I did not pay attention to the animals carved on the totems while I was gathering the symbols, so I need to find the totems again..Yikes, NOT FUN!! The maze of trails is driving me bonkers. I have three of the corresponding animal-symbols. I have not been able to open the gate..is there a lever somewhere to move after I set the hammers in the right slots or does the gate open auto.? I think I should get it next time i get to play... maybe tonight afetr my son gets offline to his frinds...say midnight!!! Thanks by for now

#7 User is offline   Vexis Larseker 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:21 PM

View Postturner, on Jun 12 2007, 10:00 AM, said:

I have not been able to open the gate..is there a lever somewhere to move after I set the hammers in the right slots or does the gate open auto.?

I'm pretty sure the gate automatically opens when you've solved that puzzle.

#8 User is offline   turner 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:22 AM

View PostVexis Larseker, on Jun 12 2007, 09:21 PM, said:

View Postturner, on Jun 12 2007, 10:00 AM, said:

I have not been able to open the gate..is there a lever somewhere to move after I set the hammers in the right slots or does the gate open auto.?

I'm pretty sure the gate automatically opens when you've solved that puzzle.

Ok I got the gate open. Now back to the order of the symbols. I have all of them, I've seen the food chain. I've tried several variations of symbols but just can not seem to get it right. I have predator, fish eater, monkey, scavenger, then herbivour. Should I change the monkey and the scavenger?? WHAT???ORDER??? I hope I don't have a glitch.. so far everything has been working well even the wierd spider-chair in Spire.

#9 User is offline   Vexis Larseker 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:48 AM

Something's weird there.

The scavenger and the fish eater are one and the same. How many totems have you found? Should be five. When you say predator, are you talking about the camoudile (creature that was chasing the monkeys and that almost got you) or the large creature that Achenar killed near the shipwreck? The order of the first two should be:

Cerpatee (Large creature Achenar killed)
Camoudile

#10 User is offline   turner 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:56 PM

OK so I don't have all the sybols. I figured that sine one of the levers seems to be broken I would have to guess at the symbol there. So I have the predator, camodile (square symbol) the monkey( four triangular shapes within the diamond) fish-eater-scavenger( two opposing triangles) and the herbivour (leaf-like symbol) What am I missing, another symbol?? where is it??? :P :chatter:wait, I do have another symbol, but I thought it was a missleading one for the creature looks a lot like the monkey...(an intersecting triangles(4) symbol, is that the creature killed on the beach???

#11 User is offline   Vexis Larseker 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:36 AM

The broken lever just makes it more difficult to set that particular symbol.

There are 5 symbols, and it sounds like you've got them mixed up. The square symbol is first; it belongs to the Cerpatee, the huge creature Achenar killed near the shipwreck (the skeleton is there). The Camoudile symbol is second - it sounds like it might be the one you're describing as 4 intersecting triangles - a central triangle with another triangle at each point. Monkey is third - it's also 4 triangles, but they all intersect at the central point. Scavenger is fourth - you have it right as two opposing triangles. Herbivore is last - you describe it as a leaf-like symbol, but to me it looks like a sideways 'S'.

If this still doesn't make sense, I'll post links to pictures of each totem.

#12 User is offline   turner 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:55 AM

Thanks. I figured it out before I read your last post. After I listed the symbols I had to you I realized that I had them mixed up. I was sure I had all I needed, for some reason it wasn't clear until I had them written in front of me!!. So I"ve gotten over the bridge, and had the life scared out of me by the Camodile waiting att he end of the path. With the help of my monkey friend we managed to knock him senseless. That puzzel was nice and easy. For a while I had the wrong monkey throwing coconuts but I watched'old mans" reactions and realized that he needed to be the one to do the throwing!!! one goo knock!!! So now Ive ridden the chair back to my book and I'm off to finish spire and Serinia. I think I'll finish Spire, I'm done the spider chair, just the new elevator... I'll be back if I need help..by for now.. Turner

#13 User is offline   monkeyking 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:49 PM

Once you've inputed the correct combination, you should pull the lever to the left of the main puzzle.
No need to zoom out or anything.

But the order isn't really defined by the foodchain only,
but by achenar's food pyramid.
So if you look close in some of his shags, don't remember which one.
There will be a drawing of this.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users