MYSTcommunity: Narayan (need hint) - MYSTcommunity

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1

Narayan (need hint) spoiler for the symbol puzzles

#1 User is offline   Hexa 

  • rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 19-June 07

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:11 PM

lol its me again,but I am on narayan now...

Click to reveal hidden content
code for the second symbol panel is "Balanced systems stimulate civilisations" right???

I have been pulling my hair out for the last two hours,it just wont accept it. Is it me doing the symbol wrong,or is it a completely different code ?? :P :) :twitch:


0

#2 User is offline   Lurker Underground 

  • lontahn (discoverer)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 519
  • Joined: 01-June 01
  • Gender:Male
  • KI number:00417445

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:24 PM

Click to reveal hidden content
Did you turn the lever between the two panels? The inner shield should reform when you do.

-LU
0

#3 User is offline   Hexa 

  • rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 19-June 07

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:54 PM

Click to reveal hidden content
yeah it doesnt work otherwise...the panel doesnt rise up if the lever isnt turned towards its side.

I tried again,nothing....I cant find any mistakes,the symbols look as they should be... I am using them in this order :

TOP : Balance
RIGHT: System
BOTTOM: Stimulate
LEFT: Civilisation

Is there a way I can take a screenshot so I can show you guys? Maybe I am just messing up the symbols...Am also gonna look for a walkthrough (even though I dont think its going to be much help). This aint fun anymore. I can spend hours trying to figure out a puzzle,but this is just frustrating. :P

0

#4 User is offline   Hexa 

  • rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 19-June 07

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:31 PM

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAY!!!! Its done!!! I of course left Savy stranded, he killed me more than once,and fooled me when I trusted him!!! Maybe I will come back in a couple of years and set him free. :P

Click to reveal hidden content
It was the darn civilisation symbol,I had given it the outer rim lines,when it wanted the inner rim ones (I had tried this before,but I had it placed on the wrong place,since I was trying combinations!! I used this walkthrough,very thorough http://home.satx.rr.com/adventuregamers/myst3exilewt/MYST3WT.html )


Thanks for everything guys!!!!! I'll be back. :)

Moderator Note

Edited out inappropriate language


0

#5 User is offline   Mystress 

  • "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 3,487
  • Joined: 02-August 06
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Another world...
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:24 PM

Hexa, I have two things to say:

1. You heartless cad! Did Saavedro's messages have NO EFFECT AT ALL on you? How could you just leave him like that? He'll probably commit suicide now! If YOU were stuck away from your home for twenty years and were almost home, what would you say if somebody trapped you again?! *Saavedro fan rant over*

2. Please don't use profanity here. It's not nice and this is a family board. Thank you.
0

#6 User is offline   Hexa 

  • rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 19-June 07

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:36 AM

View PostMystress, on Jun 24 2007, 02:24 PM, said:

Hexa, I have two things to say:

1. You heartless cad! Did Saavedro's messages have NO EFFECT AT ALL on you? How could you just leave him like that? He'll probably commit suicide now! If YOU were stuck away from your home for twenty years and were almost home, what would you say if somebody trapped you again?! *Saavedro fan rant over*

2. Please don't use profanity here. It's not nice and this is a family board. Thank you.


1.He threw the book away when I trusted him. He killed me when I caved in and let the second shield down. He killed me because I was taking too long to get the shield down. I can understand him killing me along Atrus and Catherine in his blinding rage back in Tomahna,but that is it.

2. You are just sour because I left your bf stranded.... :P

lol OK,am not gonna say it again. Friends? :)

PS : I just re-read my posts,and from what I read,its another word that bothered you. Well I was angry at the time I wrote that. Just like Saavedro. :twitch:

Moderator Note

Edited out inappropriate language


0

#7 User is offline   CAGrayWolf 

  • The Wolfmeister
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 3,057
  • Joined: 24-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Riverside CA USA

  Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:39 AM

View PostMystress, on Jun 24 2007, 01:24 PM, said:

2. Please don't use profanity here. It's not nice and this is a family board. Thank you.


View PostHexa, on Jun 26 2007, 09:36 AM, said:

2. You are just sour because I left your bf stranded.... :P


Profanity is frowned upon and/or restricted on this and many other Myst related forums and it is asked that you try not to use it if possible. In the case with "damn" or damned" this word is allowed when used in certain context:

Quote

damn
Permissible Example: "He damned his sons with a life of poverty and starvation".
Vulgar Example: "Damn it!".


To me, this is right on the border of possibly being offensive, but I'll let one of the mods or admins make the final call on this. Regardless, it is always best to be respectful of others.
0

#8 User is offline   Mystress 

  • "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 3,487
  • Joined: 02-August 06
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Another world...
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:41 AM

Okay, that's rediculous. You say that you want to make up, and then you make fun of me? Uh... what?

First of all, Saavedro could NEVER be my boyfriend. He's not real, He's old enough to be my dad, and he's married. And if you think I'm the only Saavedro fan on this forum, I have some news for you: go talk with Kahteh - see what she has to say. Go speak with Anna Catherine, who not only is a Saavedro fan, but also a Narayan fan and a Moderator as well; I don't think she'd approve of ANY profanity, whether you think that it counts as such or not. It's still profanity here - we do have people with kids who might be reading this board.

What other word besides 'damn' could I possibly have found offensive? Furthermore, I do not need you talking down to me like I'm some little kid. I am not your daughter, so don't treat me like it.

I need to leave this thread, I think. It's turning into a rant, and I'm not going to argue with some newcomer who has no idea of what the rules of this forum are.
0

#9 User is offline   Tay 

  • oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2,675
  • Joined: 07-January 01
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:King of Prussia, PA

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:00 PM

Hexa, please respect others. Also, Mystress and CAGrayWolf are correct about your usage of words. We don't allow that here. If you have problems with this, please send me a PM rather than continuing the language discussion here.

Tay
0

#10 User is offline   Hexa 

  • rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 19-June 07

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:56 PM

Woooow...the whole gang is on me... :P I am not in the mood to discuss semantics,especially is a Myst forum. I understood your point in the first place,I even edited my post and removed the offensive word.

Mystress....Come on...You dont have to explain to me why Saav is not your bf. I find it disturbing that you took that so seriously. That was just humour,a joke. And yes there was another word that should be quite offensive judging from your criteria on "offensiveness" You cant see it now though because I edited it out. (I did as you requested me to do,see?)


Anyway,am not here to cause trouble you know. This all situation just got a bit out of hand.





I still think Mystress is just mad at me because I left Saav stranded. I will go and wash my mouth with soap now. :)
0

#11 User is offline   CAGrayWolf 

  • The Wolfmeister
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 3,057
  • Joined: 24-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Riverside CA USA

  Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:20 AM

View PostHexa, on Jun 26 2007, 04:56 PM, said:

I still think Mystress is just mad at me because I left Saav stranded. I will go and wash my mouth with soap now. :P

Considering there is like eight (might be a couple of more ... I forget) different possible endings to this game, it can be somewhat difficult to know which is "truly" the correct "good" ending. Have to admit that I did consider the thought of just leaving him stranded there as well, especially after three attempts to specifically get him where he needed to go ... and he still bonked me on the head. :)
0

#12 User is offline   Hexa 

  • rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 19-June 07

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:10 PM

View PostCAGrayWolf, on Jun 28 2007, 10:20 AM, said:

View PostHexa, on Jun 26 2007, 04:56 PM, said:

I still think Mystress is just mad at me because I left Saav stranded. I will go and wash my mouth with soap now. :)

Considering there is like eight (might be a couple of more ... I forget) different possible endings to this game, it can be somewhat difficult to know which is "truly" the correct "good" ending. Have to admit that I did consider the thought of just leaving him stranded there as well, especially after three attempts to specifically get him where he needed to go ... and he still bonked me on the head. :twitch:


yep,he is a shady character...especially when he throws the book when you do as he tells you :twitch: . There are only 2 "correct" endings though right? (where you get the book back).... A 3rd would be great though! something in the genre of a trade between you and Saav,where you give him the linking books to the prison ages where Sirrus and Achenar are held.... :P Thats evil,I know! And its not even possible since you dont get the prison ages linking books until Revelation. :twitch:

Btw I have the choice between Riven and Uru...Which one should I start in your opinion? I have played so far Revelation and Exile...I tend towards Riven :twitch:
0

#13 User is offline   Mystress 

  • "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 3,487
  • Joined: 02-August 06
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Another world...
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:21 PM

O.o You have a LOT to learn about Myst, my friend. -_-"

First of all, Atrus is the good guy, who you return Releesahn to at the end.

Sirrus and Achenar are the two evil brothers.

Aitrus, and not 'Atrius', is a character in a Myst spinoff book entitled "The Book of Ti'Ana". Said book highlights the past of the D'ni, who came up with the idea of linking books, mmkay?

And as for which to play first, PLAY RIVEN, or better, PLAY MYST first. Get the backstory; you need to know some more about the series before you just assume.

I'm not mad about your endgame choice, I'm just a little... touchy, since Saavedro really got to me and at times broke my heart. And yeah, I made a few mistakes at first, but I really wanted things to work out for both of us in the end...

Click to reveal hidden content
If you ever replay, you could always try switching the shields after you trap im, and then opening it. Make sure that you get Releeshahn first, though!

0

#14 User is offline   CAGrayWolf 

  • The Wolfmeister
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 3,057
  • Joined: 24-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Riverside CA USA

  Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:26 PM

View PostMystress, on Jun 28 2007, 05:21 PM, said:

Aitrus, and not 'Atrius', is a character in a Myst spinoff book entitled "The Book of Ti'Ana". Said book highlights the past of the D'ni, who came up with the idea of linking books, mmkay?

I may not get this exactly right ... been too long. But as I recall Aitrus is the father of Gehn and the grandfather of Atrus. Just a minor, but probably crucial detail. :P
0

#15 User is offline   musicwumusic 

  • glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 249
  • Joined: 30-June 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Serenia

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:24 AM

Remember the journals?

Click to reveal hidden content

This is not the face he remembers wearing. This is not the voice he remembers having. But "it is still I, Saavedro." Just imagine him with a smooth young face, shorter hair, calmer eyes, dressed properly, possibly thinner since he's gained weight just sitting there doing nothing but hating...
That is the Saavedro who speaks to you.

And if I were a more loyal fan, I would have stopped playing once he had killed me, since I would be, um... dead. But as always, once you die, you realise this is a game, and you can regenerate yourself...

0

#16 User is offline   Mystress 

  • "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 3,487
  • Joined: 02-August 06
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Another world...
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:11 AM

View PostCAGrayWolf, on Jun 29 2007, 01:26 PM, said:

View PostMystress, on Jun 28 2007, 05:21 PM, said:

Aitrus, and not 'Atrius', is a character in a Myst spinoff book entitled "The Book of Ti'Ana". Said book highlights the past of the D'ni, who came up with the idea of linking books, mmkay?

I may not get this exactly right ... been too long. But as I recall Aitrus is the father of Gehn and the grandfather of Atrus. Just a minor, but probably crucial detail. :)


Yeah, that, too. I forgot that little detail - thanks, GrayWolf. :twitch:

And MusicWuMusic, Hexa has solved her problem, but thanks for helping out. :P
0

#17 User is offline   Hexa 

  • rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 19-June 07

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

View PostMystress, on Jun 28 2007, 06:21 PM, said:

O.o You have a LOT to learn about Myst, my friend. -_-"

First of all, Atrus is the good guy, who you return Releesahn to at the end.

Sirrus and Achenar are the two evil brothers.

Aitrus, and not 'Atrius', is a character in a Myst spinoff book entitled "The Book of Ti'Ana". Said book highlights the past of the D'ni, who came up with the idea of linking books, mmkay?

And as for which to play first, PLAY RIVEN, or better, PLAY MYST first. Get the backstory; you need to know some more about the series before you just assume.

I'm not mad about your endgame choice, I'm just a little... touchy, since Saavedro really got to me and at times broke my heart. And yeah, I made a few mistakes at first, but I really wanted things to work out for both of us in the end...

Click to reveal hidden content
If you ever replay, you could always try switching the shields after you trap im, and then opening it. Make sure that you get Releeshahn first, though!


ooooops...that was a big typo... :)

yeah Saavedro is tragic person in the story,I can understand your pov.

I'll play riven,since I started the episodes all backwards I should finish them that way... :P
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users