MYSTcommunity: More than a little bit lost - MYSTcommunity

• 2 Pages +

More than a little bit lost A few general pointers?

#26 User is offline   Vexis Larseker 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:36 AM

Congratulations! Good luck with Exile.

#27 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:16 PM

Enjoy! Exile's a great game. :twitch:

#28 User is offline   ZangieF 

• MC's self-proclaimed IT security expert
Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:58 PM

My sister played Exile, but I haven't. She also played the first one without me… I don't know if I was alive then, if I was I didn't know it. :twitch: I'm going to get her to play Exile with me after we finish Revelation.

It's been years since I played Riven. That was my first Myst game, I cherish those memories quite a bit. Was the fire marble puzzle the one where you had those different colour marbles and there was a door or panel of some sort that needed you to place the marbles in the correct slots before it would open? We did the whole game with no help, it was cool. I forget which island was which, but one of my favourite things was playing a sort of hangman game, whark-style. Mmm, things are coming back to me now. That strange observatory type thing on one of those islands, I think it had something to do with the wharks. Refresh my memory a little, I want to remember more now.

Oh, which island is the one with that jungle stuff and that door that looks like some animal's mouth where you pull a lever and it opens to reveal a passageway lit by torches or something? That is the jungly one, right? That was pretty fun too, what else happens on that island?

#29 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:01 PM

View PostZangieF, on Nov 20 2007, 01:58 PM, said:

Was the fire marble puzzle the one where you had those different colour marbles and there was a door or panel of some sort that needed you to place the marbles in the correct slots before it would open? Mmm, things are coming back to me now. That strange observatory type thing on one of those islands, I think it had something to do with the wharks. Refresh my memory a little, I want to remember more now.

Oh, which island is the one with that jungle stuff and that door that looks like some animal's mouth where you pull a lever and it opens to reveal a passageway lit by torches or something? That is the jungly one, right? That was pretty fun too, what else happens on that island?

In that order:

Yes, it was. :twitch: And the hangman thing was in the schoolhouse on Jungle Island.

The observatory/worship area does indeed have wahrk sculptures in it.

And Jungle Island is the one with the wahrk totem, yes.

#30 User is offline   ZangieF 

• MC's self-proclaimed IT security expert
Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:31 AM

Yeah, we were so proud of ourselves when we finished that. We paraded around the room a little bit, actually. :twitch: I was only, what, maybe seven or eight at the time so I can't remember these things as well as I'd like.

I thought the hangman thing was cool; how many people (that aren't geeks) have played hangman with D'ni? I loved watching the machines in the game, but I also enjoyed the puzzles and lush environments. Hm, next question. Which island was the one with that machine that looks like a bowl with a button next to it, and you have to press the button to make it go down, sort of like a well?

Also, which island is the one with that annoying bell-shaped golden structure on it? It's not too far from a beach, and I think it was somewhere near the beginning of the game. When we got frustrated, we'd go and tap on it. Took quite a while before we figured out what it was for, but… I forget what it did. Didn't it hold the Prison Book? Or was something else inside?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users