MYSTcommunity: Myst IV: Playing for the third time - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Myst IV: Playing for the third time Chronicles of my sister and I playing Myst IV

#1 User is offline   ZangieF 

• MC's self-proclaimed IT security expert
  • Group: Member
Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:10 AM

We haven't had any crashes thus far; we started playing for a third time because we ran into some glitches and had not saved.

We did all the usual Tomahna stuff, blah blah blah, and then we touched the book that took us to Spire.

It's been a marvellous thing, exploring Spire. So many passageways, so many little crevices. We fell through the windpipe, travelled on the ship, and all sorts of (breathtaking/shocking/cool/unnerving/sickening/amazing) experiences. We still have yet to get the gist of things, though bit by bit we're piecing together pieces of the puzzle. Sirrus's research is very intriguing.

Experiences of the people behind the keyboards: I myself sit beside my sister, building a comprehensive wiki-style compendium of notes on Spire, Tomahna, and the related things such as the magnetically operated ship, Sirrus's research, Atrus and Catherine's kitchen, Yeesha's room, and stuff.

My sister actually operates the Myst interface (though I know how). We solve the puzzles and theorise together, which is very fun and sometimes frustrating… but we get over it. We're done playing for the night, tomorrow we'll keep exploring. I might add a little more detail to this, and may even post my notes for everyone to read.

By the way, the top section of this is written in-character, since there are two of us playing, I write as if two of us are sort of fused into one person, the in-game person.

#2 User is offline   ZangieF 

• MC's self-proclaimed IT security expert
  • Group: Member
Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:01 PM

Whoops, this is a little late, but…

We've gotten a little bit more done in Spire, and we've got the Spider Chair working (at least, I think we do). We went over to the control box stuff and things just seemed to figure themselves out for us. I don't know if it can do more than it's been doing, but as far as the elevator feature goes, it's just fine. We're still figuring out how some stuff works, and those big gears at the bottom of the chair's elevator shaft are extremely strange, but seem to be tied to the instrument. We don't yet know where the instrument is, or how it works.

The People Behind the Keyboards:

This time, my sister and I didn't drink tea. She didn't drink anything, I drank water. I kept the usual notes as we went. My note compendium is beginning to be quite large, and covers many aspects of Spire. Once we have considerable knowledge of both Haven and Spire, I just may upload it for others to read. It could give away some things, but if you're really stuck on something, our notes may be of help. I'm keeping a sort of to-do list for each age, and noting things as we finish them.

That's all for this entry.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users