MYSTcommunity: help: exile - jnain - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

help: exile - jnain colour posts puzzle

#1 User is offline   pineapple 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:37 AM

i've directed the light from the source in the water through the viwers in the following order: yellow, blue, green, red, yellow, purple, red... but i can't see any rainbow reflection on the voltaic door.... wat am i doing wrong?

also, do u look through the viwers from your original standing position wen u find it or do you have to go left/right before u turn it and look through (if so for which ones)???

please help, thanks!

#2 User is offline   Lord Chaos 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:54 AM

Those things are rather tricky. Some will pass light in two different directions. I found it useful to draw a rough map of their locations. And you might have to look through two ways because, for some reason, you can't look through them backward.

I solved this puzzle by looking through each one and turning it until I could see the next. Then I'd go to that one and aim it. Eventually you get to the one that sees the door. The map helps you figure out where the next one to hit with light should be.

If you have the light turned on you can see when the device you're working on is passing light. Then you just have to make sure it's pointed the right way.

#3 User is offline   aurora 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:05 PM

There's nothing tricky about it once you get the idea -
Make sure you look at the telescope from where the light is entering. Rotate it until you can see another prism telescope (again, looking from where the light is entering), go to the next telescope you pointed to (better make sure it's the one your looking for by varifying the color), and so on, until you get to a red one (the one you start your journey in J'nanin next to) - this one should be set to the prism next to the Voltaic door.

Good luck!

#4 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:02 PM

With puzzles like these, it's certainly understandable how Saavedro went a bit nutty... :twitch:

Make sure that you've directed the last light towards the megaphone-looking thing in front of the door to Voltaic's tusk.

If that fails, go back and double-check the lanterns' positions.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users