MYSTcommunity: Myst Online: Uru Live cancelled - MYSTcommunity

• 2 Pages +

Myst Online: Uru Live cancelled

#26 User is offline   Tay 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:32 PM

What Wolfie said. :D

I was barely a freshman in college when I first played Uru. Now I'm two years graduated and married. I'm thankful Uru had the chance it did and for the part I got to play in it all.

I am also ready to put Uru to rest in a dignified manner and not try to drag its existence out any longer. Not everything was perfect about it, and unfortunately no amount of wishful thinking will fix the flaws that kept Uru from gaining the momentum it needed to succeed.

It is time to move on. I assure you there are plenty of real life adventures, discoveries, and mysteries yet to be had. :rotflol:

#27 User is offline   rivenfan 

• rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member

Posted 01 March 2008 - 05:49 AM

Although Uru Live didn’t get off the ground, I think the old Myst/Riven game plots would make an excellent movie … especially if in the hands of someone who can cast a magic spell like Speilberg. There is much that can be done with the idea of writing worlds through books. The image of the brothers in the books captures the imagination and has potential for a series. We’ve had movies become games, why not the other way around?

#28 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:36 AM

That may already be a possibility, rivenfan.

Heavy words there, Wolfie. And I agree with you. I never got to play Uru Live, but there's no sense in dragging something out longer than it has to be. The world is full of adventures, like Tay said, and while a game can end, adventure never will.

And so, with hope for the future, I say this: Uru Live is dead; long live Uru Live.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users