• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Opposite of Fate (MP3) Operation: TOF MP3

#26 User is offline   Kerberos 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:24 PM

I am actually not comfortable with doing a voice part. Three parts insecurity, one part security.

#27 User is offline   mysteria13 

• Douchecanoe Sequestration Expert
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:27 PM

View PostKerberos, on Feb 18 2008, 08:24 PM, said:

I am actually not comfortable with doing a voice part. Three parts insecurity, one part security.

The microphone bit was directed at Gehn (man that sounds weird). It's okay if you're not comfortable doing a voice part. You're helping out plenty as it is. (Have I said thank you for that, lately?)

Personally I think my voice is terrible. I'll probably lower it to do the narration! I'm 20 and I sound like I'm 14. I love being a soprano, I hate this voice thing...

Ignore me if you want, but how is it 'one part security' 'cause I don't get it. :scratches head:

#28 User is offline   Kerberos 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:30 PM

Well, I'm not saying that you're some creepy Internet predator, but I just make a general point of not giving out personal information that is very specific to me (like what I sound like) on the Internet.

But, mostly because I think my voice sucks.

And about "helping plenty," I should have chapter 3 done tomorrow, but I have more than enough homework to keep me occupied tonight.

#29 User is offline   mysteria13 

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:33 PM

View PostKerberos, on Feb 18 2008, 08:30 PM, said:

Well, I'm not saying that you're some creepy Internet predator, but I just make a general point of not giving out personal information that is very specific to me (like what I sound like) on the Internet.

But, mostly because I think my voice sucks.

And about "helping plenty," I should have chapter 3 done tomorrow, but I have more than enough homework to keep me occupied tonight.

I'm too young to be a creepy internet predator. But you're undoubtedly smarter than I am.

And...yay. Oh, homework...:cringe: How I shouldn't have avoided you...

#30 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:36 PM

View PostCamoudile, on Feb 17 2008, 05:45 PM, said:

After a bit of fiddling, I think my ever-helpful younger brother and I have managed to dial in on the proper pitch! You won't believe how Saavy-ish this is sounding so far (however, the fine tweaking does take a long time, so there's, so far, a few measures at the beginning that sound eerily like Saavy, and most of the rest that sound merely like a generally lowered Mystress-voice). This is working much better than I anticipated!

(@Mystress: you did an excellent job at this for most of the speech, by the way. The only thing I would change for TOF is the way "want" and "wanted" are pronounced. I think Saavy's "a" is a little different.)

And again, Mystress, thank you so much for the sample!! Your Saavy is superb, and he (:D) really helped me put Magix through the paces.

I can't wait to hear it in context!

I've been going through Myst III: Exile again and listening to how Saavedro speaks... He tends to lengthen his A's a bit, and he shortens some vowels.

#31 User is offline   mysteria13 

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

UPDATE:

I just recorded myself using Audacity (which is awesome) reciting, reading whatever-ing, Gaia's Monologue that I gave y'all. I put it in the MP3 section, if you want to take a gander. Or rather, if you want to listen.

I was going to post the bloopers but I only have so much bandwidth, lets not use it all up because I can't talk straight.

BLOOPERS
- Stuttering over Atrus name
- Calling out "Bless you!" right before the 'thanks dad' because my room-mate sneezed in the other room
- FORGETTING Atrus name and realizing it 5 seconds later and leaving this huge gap between comments.
- Hacking cough. Bronchitis is the suck.

#32 User is offline   Camoudile 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:00 PM

View PostMystress, on Feb 18 2008, 05:36 PM, said:

I've been going through Myst III: Exile again and listening to how Saavedro speaks... He tends to lengthen his A's a bit, and he shortens some vowels.

Bingo. That's what I noticed too. :rotflol:

@Mysteria13: Gaia's monologue? Yeah. The player won't work because my browser is screaming "GAAAAHHHH!!! ACTIVEX!!!! TERMINATE!!! TERMINATE!!!" and won't even let me allow ActiveX controls to run temporarily. :D Have you gotten out of the pit-o'-flukey-email-doom yet? So you could send me a copy?

#33 User is offline   mysteria13 

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:26 PM

View PostCamoudile, on Feb 19 2008, 05:00 PM, said:

View PostMystress, on Feb 18 2008, 05:36 PM, said:

Bingo. That's what I noticed too. :rotflol:

@Mysteria13: Gaia's monologue? Yeah. The player won't work because my browser is screaming "GAAAAHHHH!!! ACTIVEX!!!! TERMINATE!!! TERMINATE!!!" and won't even let me allow ActiveX controls to run temporarily. :D Have you gotten out of the pit-o'-flukey-email-doom yet? So you could send me a copy?

*snicker* No, but I can try. Give me a while though haha...

#34 User is offline   Kerberos 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:37 PM

Bad time management for the lose.

I'll probably have Chapter 3 tomorrow...

#35 User is offline   mysteria13 

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:03 PM

View PostKerberos, on Feb 19 2008, 08:37 PM, said:

Bad time management for the lose.

I'll probably have Chapter 3 tomorrow...

Didn't I already tell you 'take your time'?

(I see your bad time management and raise you a forgotten book for class.)

#36 User is offline   Kerberos 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:25 PM

Well, I will retract my bad time management, since I got done most of chapter 3 today anyway.

And that is, of course, wonderful time management when I have twenty pages of textbook to take notes on by Friday.

#37 User is offline   mysteria13 

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:42 PM

View PostKerberos, on Feb 19 2008, 11:25 PM, said:

Well, I will retract my bad time management, since I got done most of chapter 3 today anyway.

And that is, of course, wonderful time management when I have twenty pages of textbook to take notes on by Friday.

I saw. :D Thank you!!

Ew, what class?

#38 User is offline   mysteria13 

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:37 AM

Well, y'all - last night I decided to do a practice run on my microphone. I read aloud all of Chapter One minus the dialogue, to give me an idea of how the process would go. There's an introduction by me, and an extroduction? by me. It's roughly 12 minutes long without my little blurbs, and it's in MP3 format. Have a listen and PLEASE, tell me how it is.

(Besides fast, I know that part already.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?7qhokgdyedg

#39 User is offline   KatrAnna 

• C'ki Bahro
  • KI number:14189098

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:21 PM

Awesome!! It was a little strange to hear a pause, and realize that's supposed to be dialogue! It's gonna be awesome all put together. I can't wait! Why is my microphone being such a pain?!?

#40 User is offline   Kerberos 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:54 PM

View Postmysteria13, on Feb 19 2008, 11:42 PM, said:

Ew, what class?

History. It's not too bad, since the book is actually interesting, but nonetheless, it's work that I could spend coding.

I don't seem to be able to find the link to the file, but I'm sure it's fabulous.

#41 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:20 PM

I can't wait to see how this pans out! XD

#42 User is offline   KatrAnna 

• C'ki Bahro

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:31 PM

And everything in the world is right once more, my microphone works!!!!! The software was bad, and had to be re-installed, ick. But you may now all rest easy on your pillows at night! (I like being over-dramatic!) And once my auditions are recorded, how do I send them to ya'll?

#43 User is offline   mysteria13 

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:01 PM

View PostKatrAnna, on Feb 20 2008, 07:31 PM, said:

And everything in the world is right once more, my microphone works!!!!! The software was bad, and had to be re-installed, ick. But you may now all rest easy on your pillows at night! (I like being over-dramatic!) And once my auditions are recorded, how do I send them to ya'll?

A couple ways. You can zip them (right mouse click on the folder containing the files and say "Send to Compressed (Zipped) Folder") and email me amount13@gmail.com with them, or you can zip them and upload them to a website like mediafire.com and then email me the link.

Either way works for me.

#44 User is offline   KatrAnna 

• C'ki Bahro

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:08 PM

Ok, I sent them to your email address, so here they come!! Look out world, here I come!

#45 User is offline   KatrAnna 

• C'ki Bahro

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:04 PM

I think we're all too busy messing around with microphones to notice a small delay. But don't press your luck! Good luck with the school work. I'm a high school senior, so I have a lot of time to kill! :D

#46 User is offline   mysteria13 

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:17 PM

View PostKatrAnna, on Feb 21 2008, 03:04 PM, said:

I think we're all too busy messing around with microphones to notice a small delay. But don't press your luck! Good luck with the school work. I'm a high school senior, so I have a lot of time to kill! :D

High school...I miss high school. Senoritis...living in my auditorium...senoritis...

You got my PM? I'm so close to casting this thing!

#47 User is offline   Camoudile 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

View Postmysteria13, on Feb 20 2008, 07:43 PM, said:

View PostKerberos, on Feb 20 2008, 09:48 PM, said:

Does this mean that there will be no repercussions if I break the page for all you poor, vulnerable people!? Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um...fail?

Helps if you make the font bigger. Of course, don't let The Wielder of the Hammer of Correction know that I'm encouraging you. :D

View Postmysteria13, on Feb 20 2008, 07:43 PM, said:

@Everyone: Promise not to kill me if it takes forever to get the second Chapter out?

So long as it's worth the wait.

Which characters have been auditioned for so far, by the way? I know, I know, I have pretty much all the auditions, but I haven't gotten a chance to hear all of them yet.

#48 User is offline   mysteria13 

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:22 PM

View PostCamoudile, on Feb 21 2008, 03:32 PM, said:

Which characters have been auditioned for so far, by the way? I know, I know, I have pretty much all the auditions, but I haven't gotten a chance to hear all of them yet.

Uh...*thinks*

Gaia - 2
Saavedro - 2
Marylyn - 2
Catherine - 3
Atrus - 2
Achenar - 1
Sirrus - 1
Gehn - 1
Ariel/Tupolski - 1
Yeesha - 2

(This isn't including my room-mate, since she's not been recorded yet. Soon to be rectified!)

#49 User is offline   KatrAnna 

• C'ki Bahro

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:30 PM

@Mysteria13: I did get the PM, thanks. Do you want me to re-record any of them? (As in, Catherine?)

@Camoudile: Could everyone hear the other auditions? I want to see what other people did with the same lines! (yes, i'm nosy, whatever.)

#50 User is offline   Camoudile 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:40 PM

View PostKatrAnna, on Feb 21 2008, 01:30 PM, said:

@Camoudile: Could everyone hear the other auditions? I want to see what other people did with the same lines! (yes, i'm nosy, whatever.)

Try asking M13. She's actually heard all of them, whereas I have not gotten past Mystress :D ... mainly because I'm also modifying them (lowering her Saavy's pitch, for instance) as I listen.

So I've only so far heard 1 Saavy, 1 Katran, and 1 Marylyn. Oh, and 1 Zanika, because I auditioned for her :rotflol: even though my voice is woefully different (oh yes, for those of you who don't know, I have a working mic now!!). Seems I'm the slowest auditioner here... I mean, I only just now turned in the Zanika audition, but I'm still considering Sirrus... and maybe others.

Share this topic:

• 23 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users