MYSTcommunity: Monkey Talk - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Monkey Talk Operation: Fruit Salad

#1 User is offline   Arancaytar 

• rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:27 PM

I know that the four monkeys (three, presumably, possibly four), answer to these signals:

Click to reveal hidden content
(capital = long, lower = short, A = lowest)

B a (by experiment)
A B (from Achenar's hut on the lake)
C b (by experiment)

Toss fruit: C a b (from the observation post)

They move like this:

A non-tossing monkey, when called, will move to the next counter-clockwise hut (among the four huts not occupied by Sgt. Fruit-Tosser) if it is free. The monkeys, in clockwise direction, are arranged in the order above, so that repeating these three combinations in this order will shuffle them around from one hut to the next, counter-clockwise.

The camoudile will besiege the hut that a monkey last disappeared into (so the camoudile moves clockwise).

When the camoudile moves past Sgt. Fruit-Tosser's hut, he briefly struggles to climb over some wall or other. I assumed that this is the point at which a fruit needed to be tossed at the camoudile. :saavy: Unfortunately, even after I managed to get the monkey to do this at the right moment, the fruit still missed and nothing happened.

----

Am I at least on the right track here, or is the objective something entirely different? I suppose I have to get rid of that blasted predator somehow to be able to explore further...

#2 User is offline   Cocovanna 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:32 AM

View PostArancaytar, on Jul 17 2008, 03:27 AM, said:

They move like this:

A non-tossing monkey, when called, will move to the next counter-clockwise hut (among the four huts not occupied by Sgt. Fruit-Tosser) if it is free. The monkeys, in clockwise direction, are arranged in the order above, so that repeating these three combinations in this order will shuffle them around from one hut to the next, counter-clockwise.

I don't remember there being any directional preferences -- I made them move both clock- and counterclockwise ... As I remember, they moved to the empty neigbour hut, if one was present (and you can't make them go back to the one they just left)

View PostArancaytar, on Jul 17 2008, 03:27 AM, said:

Am I at least on the right track here, or is the objective something entirely different? I suppose I have to get rid of that blasted predator somehow to be able to explore further...

Yup, you are pretty close, but there is one detail you can vary

#3 User is offline   Arancaytar 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:15 AM

I don't remember there being any directional preferences -- I made them move both clock- and counterclockwise ... As I remember, they moved to the empty neigbour hut, if one was present (and you can't make them go back to the one they just left)

If you can't make them go back to the place they just left, how would you reverse their direction once they had moved? Only two monkeys can move at any time (the neighbours of the empty hut), and one of them is the one who just left the empty hut, and he won't go back...

Unless the monkeys forget this once you leave the observation post.

#4 User is offline   Cocovanna 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:33 AM

View PostArancaytar, on Jul 17 2008, 11:15 AM, said:

If you can't make them go back to the place they just left, how would you reverse their direction once they had moved? Only two monkeys can move at any time (the neighbours of the empty hut), and one of them is the one who just left the empty hut, and he won't go back...

Some huts have more neighbours than others, meaning you can actually make a choice between which one moves next.

I don't think the direction is critical for solving the puzzle, though

#5 User is offline   Arancaytar 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:58 AM

Aha! I suppose that means that Mr. Fruit-Tosser is not a special monkey, but rather whoever happens to sit in the hut with the ammunition. I'd sort of assumed that he never moved, because I hadn't found out his call-sign yet. If he can move, of course there is more freedom for movement.

---

Does the solution, or at least one step of it, involve a piece of fruit hitting the camoudile?

#6 User is offline   Gorobay 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:46 AM

View PostArancaytar, on Jul 17 2008, 06:58 AM, said:

Does the solution, or at least one step of it, involve a piece of fruit hitting the camoudile?

Yes.

#7 User is offline   Cocovanna 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:11 AM

All monkeys are movable

#8 User is offline   Lurker Underground 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00417445

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

Also, all 4 mangrees' names and pictures can be found in Achenar's hut.

Some mangrees are better at tossing fruit than others...

-LU

#9 User is offline   Arancaytar 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:45 PM

I've found at least the "unknown" monkey's name, having discovered that Achenar's hut has an upper level (heh). Don't know where the other two are, but I've managed to shuffle them around fairly well, and am able to keep up with a couple of chess pawns shuffled around on a piece of paper.

Also, I've found out my objective, which was so far unclear (because I had no idea why the camoudile should flee a piece of fruit). That bush is poisonous! It emits a green cloud when the camoudile brushes through it! Unfortunately, the camoudile is gone by the time the gas comes out, and it is provably impossible to make the camoudile run past the bush twice in two consecutive moves.

I suppose that the monkey has to throw a fruit at the bush, releasing gas, after which the camoudile runs through it and takes a nap...

#10 User is offline   Menelmacar 

• telahm (guildsman)
  • KI number:02751833

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:10 PM

Just about there.

Monkeyfaces:
All the diagrams are in Achenar's hut. Some of them are rolled up or hidden under or inside objects and might not actually look like pieces of paper.

Your plan:
Yep, it's the same bush that can be found at the savannah (behind the dead Zeftyr). What you need to do, though, is to make the Camoudile run past the bush and then have one of the Mangrees bop him on the head with a piece of fruit to knock him out, so that he inhales too much gas to escape.

Fruit throwing:
The mangree with the best arm is the one with the silver mane.

CM

#11 User is offline   Arancaytar 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:26 AM

Well, I solved it last night. :saavy:

And now I just hope that I photographed what I needed from that age (the compass?)... because I'd hate having to go through all that again. At least the color combination in Spire was obvious enough.

Edit: Also, I have to get the soundtrack CD. Haven's final theme is just so awesome.

#12 User is offline   aander91 

• Forum game like its 2008
  • KI number:00087015

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:49 AM

CD is not gonna happen. Use Revelator. And well, you didn't need to get a pic of anything. It was a skill you learned.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users