MYSTcommunity: uru - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

uru thoughts

#1 User is offline   pineapple 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:49 AM

***WARNING: MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF SPOILERS***

i just finished uru (finally) i know it's been agessss!!! but didnt have much time to play... anyway just sharing my thoughts. starting from ages beyond myst, then to d'ni then path of the shell, it's nice how they all link together and u still use bits and pieces from each game in the other games. i didnt like it in the begining because i was stuck in teledahn for absalutely ages!!! but after that everything flowed nicely :) . one thing that was annoying is the lighting, alot of the ages were quite dark especially teledahn. on a side note, teledahn (though not my favourite age) seemed quite central in the whole storyline, at least in the sense that i had to keep going back there.

i finished and still i havent met any bahro except for hearing them while linking... i love my relto, i have about 15 or so pages (my tree is still short) even though it was raining the whole time. but when i compared my relto pages with other people's on the net it sounds like i'm missing about 8 more pages... just cant find them.

my favourite age was ahnonay, it was the coolest. i love all four of its versions (fourth one was quite scarey :rotflol: ) but it's so cool how it changes even though the time travel wasnt real... and swiming was the awsomest!!!! yey! although she can be useless in so many things :saavy:, at least she can swim!!!!

there are a few things i think i havent solved yet like that door in bevin next to the classroom that doesnt open :D , and about that letter in d'ni in the classroom of bevin, does anyone have a translation? all in all it was great... and ending up in that most familiar library in the end was just a cool touch.

any thoughts or comments?

#2 User is offline   Talashar 

• oglahneth (ancient one)
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00183867

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:35 PM

The closed door in Bevin is part of an easter egg. The light combination to open the door and begin the puzzle to unlock the hidden content is GOOGGO. (Source: this page, which provides help and a walk-through for the easter egg.) In online Uru that door opened up to a private "egg" room just like the one in Kirel (which was, conversely, locked).

The letter contains several unknown vocabulary items at crucial points. Khrees's D'ni dictionary has a partial translation. (Remember that bracketed words are his guesses, not known meanings.)

#3 User is offline   pineapple 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:45 PM

thanks talashar that's very helpful :saavy:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users