MYSTcommunity: Mechanical Age - More Aggravation - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Mechanical Age - More Aggravation

#1 User is offline   mermaidmarian 

• rehlyihmah (the unseen)
  • Group: Member

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

Hi All. I am so glad I found this forum. This didn't exist when I first played Myst about 11 years ago.

My 10 year old son is now a Myst initiate and although he promised he wouldn't ask me for help :saavy: I find I have been sucked right back in. We are playing on the 10th anniversary DVD edition and are in the Mechanical Age. I know how to turn the tower (at least I thought I knew), and have made it to the two smaller islands with the symbols for the linking book back to Myst Island. However, I cannot get to the Trill (West) sound. I have been attempting this now for well over 3 hours and my frustration level is quite high.

Somebody help me out? Am I doing something wrong, and if so, what?

Thanks in advance.

mer

#2 User is offline   aander91 

• Forum game like its 2008
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00087015

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:27 PM

I honestly still just guess with this one. But if you practice with the tes machine in Achenar's room than that will help you lots. If it persists than it may in fact be a bug. There have been patches for Mechanical so this may well be the bug but I actually thought it was fixed in the 10th ani. version. Good luck!

#3 User is offline   mermaidmarian 

• rehlyihmah (the unseen)

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

View Postaander91, on Jul 18 2008, 05:27 PM, said:

I honestly still just guess with this one. But if you practice with the tes machine in Achenar's room than that will help you lots. If it persists than it may in fact be a bug. There have been patches for Mechanical so this may well be the bug but I actually thought it was fixed in the 10th ani. version. Good luck!

Thanks for the quick response. In the interim since I posted I was trying to remember what else there is in the Mechanical Age that necessitates finding. I have both the red and blue pages - does turning the tower to the West lead someplace? I can't remember. ???

#4 User is offline   aander91 

• Forum game like its 2008
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00087015

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:02 PM

There are just those 3 islands. And Bob. This may be the bug. Are you on a mac by any chance?

#5 User is offline   Cocovanna 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:51 AM

It's a bug, discussed a lot in here ... it seems to be in a subset of the 10th Anniversary versions

#6 User is offline   Danny R 

• telnahvah (guildmaster)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

View Postmermaidmarian, on Jul 19 2008, 01:56 AM, said:

Thanks for the quick response. In the interim since I posted I was trying to remember what else there is in the Mechanical Age that necessitates finding. I have both the red and blue pages - does turning the tower to the West lead someplace? I can't remember. ???

Since you found the pages that's all you really need, unless you like to explore the views for the sheer fun of it. :saavy:

Oh - and remember to take notes of the sounds both the simulator and the "real" fortress rotating device produce. This may come in handy elsewhere.

Yes, it appears to be a bug, unfortunately. One thing you could try is to install the game and your most recent save file on another computer and see if it works there.

And a semi-spoiler:
Click to reveal hidden content
The only reason to get to the other two small islands is to get the two halves of the symbol code that allows you to return to Myst Island. As a very last resort, if the bug persists, you may have to ask us for a spoiler, i.e. a picture of the required code. Not much fun but at least you can continue on your journey. :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users