MYSTcommunity: Making sure I'm on the right track - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Making sure I'm on the right track Can't remember everything Atrus asked me to do.

#1 User is offline   sophistihip 

• rehlyihmah (the unseen)
  • Group: Member

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:15 PM

Hey everybody, first time posting, I just started Revelation last night after I stumbled across some images of Riven and got all sentimental, so here I am. I've been outta the Myst game for a while and I have a couple questions just to make sure I'm on the right track. Some early game spoilers follow, although I believe thats what this forum is for. However, I DO NOT want spoilers, just some vague answers to my questions, as I really want to keep the sanctity of my game experience and not muddle through it with guides or too many hints, however...

In the very beginning Atrus caught me completely off guard with so many instructions and I couldn't remember them all, and instead of just playing it over like I should have I just carried on. I figured out how to manipulate the power selection box in what I'm going to call the garden room there, to get the dam operating, and then ended up getting through the fireplace to where the metal rotating globe is with the red and blue books. I chose the book on the right I believe which is the island of Haven, as the scant material i've skimmed through online seems to indicate. Things are going well but I'm a little paranoid cuz I don't feel like I did everything Atrus asked of me, so I'm wondering how linear Revelation is, or at least this part? Is it likely that I will go off track? After the bridges on that first area got destroyed I wasn't sure what to do, so I just started following Yeesha, this is what you are supposed to do, no? Try not to give me any spoilers, but I just wanna know if I'm roughly on the right track =)

#2 User is offline   Gorobay 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:26 PM

You are on the right track. The game is mostly linear, and at the part you are it is unlikely that you will go off the track.

#3 User is offline   sophistihip 

• rehlyihmah (the unseen)

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:52 PM

perfect, thanks!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users