MYSTcommunity: Stoneship Age - Stuck - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Stoneship Age - Stuck

#1 User is offline   seajayiii 

• rehlyihmah (the unseen)
  • Group: Member

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:03 PM

Okay ... now I am baffled. I am currently stuck in the Stoneship Age. I figured out how to lift the water level, grab the key, climb the lighthouse tower, and crank up the generator to charge the batteries. I have also figured out the compass setting (135 degrees). I was able to enter Sirrus's room and collect the red page. But I cannot seem to gain access to Atrus's room. Well, that's not exactly true. When I return to the Umbrella Rock and lower the water again, I can enter the room but it is still full of water and I cannot see anything. I've returned to the lighthouse tower and recharged the batteries, returned to the compass to reset the settings, plunged the correct switches in the Umbrella Rock, etc. Still, under water and dark. Any help as to what I am doing wrong?

#2 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:00 PM

View Postseajayiii, on Nov 29 2008, 01:03 PM, said:

Okay ... now I am baffled. I am currently stuck in the Stoneship Age. I figured out how to lift the water level, grab the key, climb the lighthouse tower, and crank up the generator to charge the batteries. I have also figured out the compass setting (135 degrees). I was able to enter Sirrus's room and collect the red page. But I cannot seem to gain access to Atrus's room. Well, that's not exactly true. When I return to the Umbrella Rock and lower the water again, I can enter the room but it is still full of water and I cannot see anything. I've returned to the lighthouse tower and recharged the batteries, returned to the compass to reset the settings, plunged the correct switches in the Umbrella Rock, etc. Still, under water and dark. Any help as to what I am doing wrong?

First off, you mean Achenar's room, right? Let me see what I can remember...

Are you sure you've pumped the water out of the right place? I don't remember whether the two brothers' rooms use the same pump or not...

#3 User is offline   seajayiii 

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

First off, you mean Achenar's room, right? Let me see what I can remember...

Are you sure you've pumped the water out of the right place? I don't remember whether the two brothers' rooms use the same pump or not...
[/quote]

Yeah ... I think you're right ... Achenar's room. What happens to me is ... I pump the water out of the room of the "neat" brother and when I go back up the steps to the ship's deck, the steps to the other room are full of water. I can go back to the Umbrella rock, and pump the water out of the steps to the other bedroom. But when I enter the room, it's still under water and dark. I can see anything. I think I am supposed to find the "Blue" page there, but I can't seem to empty the room or light the room to see what I am doing. I have looked at several "Walk-Throughs" on-line, but haven't had much luck with them.

#4 User is offline   Sonic_light 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:47 PM

That's strange. The brother's rooms are drained by the same pump, so you should be able to walk right down.....game glitch perhaps?

#5 User is offline   seajayiii 

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:49 PM

View PostSonic_light, on Dec 1 2008, 01:47 PM, said:

That's strange. The brother's rooms are drained by the same pump, so you should be able to walk right down.....game glitch perhaps?

I hope not but I guess it could be a glitch. I really hate to have to start all over, but that might be my only option.

#6 User is offline   PhoenixM 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:56 PM

View Postseajayiii, on Nov 29 2008, 04:03 PM, said:

The wooden stairs <i>in</i> the ship lead to Atrus' area; the way to Achenar's area is through the rock in a passage that looks like the passage to Sirrus' room, the entrance to which is around the corner from Sirrus' passage. You can't see anything in Atrus' area until you get some power going to there. Fortunately, you already have some <i>direction</i>, so hopefully you'll manage that soon.

#7 User is offline   Gerben 

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:39 AM

View PostPhoenixM, on Jan 25 2009, 05:56 AM, said:

View Postseajayiii, on Nov 29 2008, 04:03 PM, said:

The wooden stairs <i>in</i> the ship lead to Atrus' area; the way to Achenar's area is through the rock in a passage that looks like the passage to Sirrus' room, the entrance to which is around the corner from Sirrus' passage. You can't see anything in Atrus' area until you get some power going to there. Fortunately, you already have some <i>direction</i>, so hopefully you'll manage that soon.

I am new to Myst, and I have exactly the same problem. From the answers in this thread, I understand that I just do something wrong, but I don't see what.

Also in my case, I have access to Atrus' room (wooden stairs in ship) and it's all dark and (although I can enter the room) it's still flooded. I did charge the batteries, so it shouldn't be dark at all. The <hint> told me that I should use the middle pump to get the room dry. However, when I use this pump, I cannot access the room anymore at all!

I don't know what to do further? Who can give me the answer to this problem, so I can leave the Stoneship Age?

#8 User is offline   Cocovanna 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:06 AM

View PostGerben, on Feb 10 2009, 11:39 AM, said:

I did charge the batteries, so it shouldn't be dark at all.

It is not enough to charge the batteries for light in the ship

#9 User is offline   PhoenixM 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:44 AM

View PostGerben, on Feb 10 2009, 05:39 AM, said:

View PostPhoenixM, on Jan 25 2009, 05:56 AM, said:

Fortunately, you already have some direction, so hopefully you'll manage that soon.

I am new to Myst, and I have exactly the same problem. From the answers in this thread, I understand that I just do something wrong, but I don't see what.

Also in my case, I have access to Atrus' room (wooden stairs in ship) and it's all dark and (although I can enter the room) it's still flooded. I did charge the batteries, so it shouldn't be dark at all. The <hint> told me that I should use the middle pump to get the room dry. However, when I use this pump, I cannot access the room anymore at all!

I don't know what to do further? Who can give me the answer to this problem, so I can leave the Stoneship Age?

You can't see anything in Atrus' room because there's no light in there; the room is lit by underwater lights positioned around the outside of the ship.

Provided that the batteries are charged, there is a button you must push to turn those underwater lights on. Here is a hint as to that button's location:
Click to reveal hidden content
The button is in a place where there are many buttons to choose from (I think it's 24 of them, but that's off the top of my head and not necessarily accurate), all arranged in a big circle. There's a very obvious hint elsewhere in the Stoneship Age as to which of those buttons is the right one.

#10 User is offline   Gerben 

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:10 AM

View PostPhoenixM, on Feb 10 2009, 03:44 PM, said:

You can't see anything in Atrus' room because there's no light in there; the room is lit by underwater lights positioned around the outside of the ship.

Provided that the batteries are charged, there is a button you must push to turn those underwater lights on. Here is a hint as to that button's location:
Click to reveal hidden content
The button is in a place where there are many buttons to choose from (I think it's 24 of them, but that's off the top of my head and not necessarily accurate), all arranged in a big circle. There's a very obvious hint elsewhere in the Stoneship Age as to which of those buttons is the right one.

Thanks! I'll try that!
Gerben

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users