MYSTcommunity: Announcing Riveal 9.0 - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Announcing Riveal 9.0 Extracting more from Exile, Revelation, and Alida.

#1 User is offline   RonHayter 

• choortahn (learner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:55 PM

The latest update to Riveal, my free media extractor for the games in the Myst series, is now available.

Riveal extracts sounds, movies, and pictures from most games in the Myst series. The most important changes in version 9.0 relate to Myst III: Exile. Riveal now extracts subtitles, saved game screenshots, and a few more pictures from the game.

Even better, it can now be used to extract sounds, some pictures, and subtitles from the PlayStation 2 DVD version of Myst III. The PS2 version includes quite a bit of music that is not on the Exile soundtrack CD, almost two and a half extra hours to enjoy. There are 17 additional songs, all 5 to 10 minutes long. If you like Jack Wall's ambient music for Exile, it is worthwhile buying the PS2 version of the game just to extract the songs.

Also new in Riveal 9.0 is support for Myst IV: Revelation. Yes, that's right, both Riveal and my other media extractor, Revelator, now extract media from Myst IV. Riveal actually extracts much more from Myst IV than Revelator does, but nearly everyone will be happier using Revelator. Revelator gives you better control over what to extract, it extracts only the most interesting content from the game, and it organizes the extracted files better. Riveal extracts everything I know how to handle, interesting or not, and it preserves the complex folder hierarchy used by the game. Unless you're very curious, use Revelator.

And finally, Riveal now also extracts sounds, movies, and pictures from the excellent Riven-esque game Alida. In particular, you can now get at the music hidden in the Mac version of the game. (The sounds, movies, and pictures in the Windows version do not need extracting, so Riveal will just copy them for you.)

The new version of Riveal can be downloaded from here.

There is also a new version of Revelator. Revelator 7.0 can be downloaded from here.

Ron

#2 User is offline   olddude 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:01 PM

Just in time for the holidays!

Thanks very much for your continued work on these great tools!

#3 User is offline   Danny R 

• telnahvah (guildmaster)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:06 PM

:arianna:...... Alida ? ......:D

You just made my day ... umm ... week ... umm ... holidays ... :D

;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users