MYSTcommunity: Was I the only one who really disliked this game? - MYSTcommunity

• 2 Pages +

Was I the only one who really disliked this game?

#26 User is offline   musicwumusic 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:17 PM

Atrus does have surveillance in his bedroom. In Myst IV, you can see three security cameras: one in the bedroom, one in sunroom (original Exile starting point), and one looking over the gondola area. You can see the feeds for these cameras in his lab.

Wouldn't it be natural for him to put cameras in the linking chambers as well, with some kind of recording which you could examine (which would get you a few of the memories, including the fight, Yeesha running, and Sirrus-Yeesha conversation)?

The other memories could be covered by more journal entries or notes, and perhaps some imager recordings by the two (to spend their boredom - just like writing a journal).

That seems very, very unmystlike to me. It would be like wandering around Riven with three Gehns... :D

View Postmysteria13, on Apr 17 2009, 01:58 PM, said:

The graphics were worse, and "Duk'ni needed me" was just...ugh. URU was interesting to start but I just didn't care, I had no emotional attachment to Yeesha. I did what I did in the first four games because I cared for Atrus. No Atrus, no emotional attachment.

I had much more emotional attachment to the Bahro. Atrus could speak of his problems, and he does so in a very unemotional way, whereas the Bahro could not speak, and as the bits and pieces fell into place I felt sorry for them and was happy when they were free, knowing that they were (mostly) good and selfless creatures.

I think Atrus' most emotional speech was the imager in Myst. That was it. Any other time I met him, I had no reason to feel for him. As to Catherine and Yeesha, that was the reason. But I didn't do it for him out of liking him, but I was stuck on Myst and had no other way out; and he was still a friend, even if I didn't like him...

Seriously? You didn't like the special "Escher apostrophe sound"? :cheesy: To me it made the word much more mystical, as this is the first time I have heard a true D'ni person(?) pronounce it. Atrus was by no means D'ni in enunciation, nor was Gehn.

#27 User is offline   Talashar 

• oglahneth (ancient one)
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00183867

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:05 PM

View Postmusicwumusic, on Apr 17 2009, 03:17 PM, said:

Seriously? You didn't like the special "Escher apostrophe sound"? :cheesy: To me it made the word much more mystical, as this is the first time I have heard a true D'ni person(?) pronounce it. Atrus was by no means D'ni in enunciation, nor was Gehn.

Gehn and Yeesha are both native speakers of D'ni! You're right about Atrus, but Esher mispronounces the word too. (I don't remember how Gehn says it). Yeesha's pronunciation is good.

#28 User is offline   mysteria13 

• Douchecanoe Sequestration Expert
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

I think before the Myst series took off it was just "Dunny" I've always pronounced it short-long syllable wise. Duh-knee. Short, long.

AND NO. Duk'ni didn't need anyone because it doesn't exist.

--

As for the necklace, the only time I liked it was in the reading of the journals. More specifically, Sirrus' journals. Achenar's journals were...poignant but Sirrus' were terrifying. ("Can you hear the music yet, Father?" GAH!)

#29 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:50 PM

I wanted to blow it up.

Come to think of it, what is the chair made out of? It looks just like the surrounding rock...

Serenia was just lame. The Age itself was uninteresting and the acting was horrific. "This is SO not good" ringing any bells? And finding that idiotic stupid journal where the two stupid rivers crossed was a lesson in futility.

That was an extraordinarily annoying wild deer hunt.

View Postmusicwumusic, on Apr 17 2009, 01:17 PM, said:

Atrus does have surveillance in his bedroom. In Myst IV, you can see three security cameras: one in the bedroom, one in sunroom (original Exile starting point), and one looking over the gondola area. You can see the feeds for these cameras in his lab.

Wouldn't it be natural for him to put cameras in the linking chambers as well, with some kind of recording which you could examine (which would get you a few of the memories, including the fight, Yeesha running, and Sirrus-Yeesha conversation)?

The other memories could be covered by more journal entries or notes, and perhaps some imager recordings by the two (to spend their boredom - just like writing a journal).

That seems very, very unmystlike to me. It would be like wandering around Riven with three Gehns... :D

Because Gehn... okay, I'm confused. Could you explain that analogy? Basically, I'm just suggesting that better journals/notes and camera footage/video journals could replace the amulet. I'm assuming that you're not talking about the journals/notes part (because that is one of the core features in Myst), so the cameras/video (imagers, of course) journals? And Gehn - didn't have any (I think). :cheesy:

There are already cameras in Tomahna, even ones that are installed right over areas where memories were - but they're just decoration. That's a huge opportunity, er, "myst". A built in recording feature would get us a lot of the memories (with a few slightly modified) without needing a magical necklace (and would make us use our myst-logic), but while still maintaining nice spoken voices (*cough* for the Sirrus fangirls *cough*).

View Postmysteria13, on Apr 17 2009, 01:58 PM, said:

I had much more emotional attachment to the Bahro. Atrus could speak of his problems, and he does so in a very unemotional way, whereas the Bahro could not speak, and as the bits and pieces fell into place I felt sorry for them and was happy when they were free, knowing that they were (mostly) good and selfless creatures.

I think Atrus' most emotional speech was the imager in Myst. That was it. Any other time I met him, I had no reason to feel for him. As to Catherine and Yeesha, that was the reason. But I didn't do it for him out of liking him, but I was stuck on Myst and had no other way out; and he was still a friend, even if I didn't like him...

I think it was exactly that (Atrus' unemotional character) that made me sympathize with him so much - he felt like a real (and very cool) person. I could feel how hard it was for him, not because of his emotion, but because he seemed so real. Since he felt real, I could connect all those problems I saw him have (lots and lots of people betraying him, to put it concisely) with his feelings. At times where he did show realistic hints of emotion ("You'll need it, I'm afraid, to capture Gehn.", his "change in plans, my friend", the way he looks at the portraits at the end of Myst IV*), it was amazing.

The Bahro didn't feel very real to me (I'm talking about emotions here, not how physically real they seemed), so I had no reason to connect their troubles with any empathy. They were just some aliens I was helping because Yeesha told me to and I was bored.

*It's the quiet emotions that are the most emotionally jerking for me. Gehn stating that "no books, no precious inks...", Saavedro's happiness before he realizes he's still trapped, Saavedro waving, Achenar's "Don't look so surprised.", Atrus and the portraits, etc.

View PostTalashar, on Apr 17 2009, 03:05 PM, said:

View Postmusicwumusic, on Apr 17 2009, 03:17 PM, said:

Seriously? You didn't like the special "Escher apostrophe sound"? :D To me it made the word much more mystical, as this is the first time I have heard a true D'ni person(?) pronounce it. Atrus was by no means D'ni in enunciation, nor was Gehn.

Gehn and Yeesha are both native speakers of D'ni! You're right about Atrus, but Esher mispronounces the word too. (I don't remember how Gehn says it). Yeesha's pronunciation is good.

Gehn learned some D'ni pronunciation when he was a little kid, but then learned most of the D'ni ways as an adult with nobody (known of, that is) to help him. However, he should be able to pronounce "D'ni" (really, it's not that easy to forget how to say "Earth" or "[insert-your-country-name-here]"). Yeesha's... we don't know. While she may have had lots of training with native D'ni speakers (from Releeshahn), she also would have gotten a lot of her pronunciation from non-natives.

In any case, "Duk'ni" = :rotflol: for me. I'll go with the Mystlore explanation "RAWA considers this to be a speech defect of Esher, however the defect affects only the word D'ni."

#30 User is offline   Allatwan 

• Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:20 AM

That's funny, I havn't played it yet, but one of my bestfrieds loved it, in fact, it was his favourite! lol, I'll show him that page, lol! So, is it good, or disapointing? I guess I'll just have to play and see it for myself!

#31 User is offline   SolarSurfer 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:37 AM

View PostAllatwan, on Apr 18 2009, 04:20 AM, said:

So, is it good, or disapointing? I guess I'll just have to play and see it for myself!

Well it seems like almost everyone here really likes it, so chances are you'll probably really like it too. I'm just weird :D (Don't worry 75th Trombone, I won't forget that you're weird too :cheesy: ).

#32 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:31 PM

View PostAllatwan, on Apr 18 2009, 03:20 AM, said:

That's funny, I havn't played it yet, but one of my bestfrieds loved it, in fact, it was his favourite! lol, I'll show him that page, lol! So, is it good, or disapointing? I guess I'll just have to play and see it for myself!

It's good, and even where its bad (the few spots I could argue with, but not as many as some other games) I wouldn't consider it disappointing.

View PostSolarSurfer, on Apr 18 2009, 09:37 AM, said:

View PostAllatwan, on Apr 18 2009, 04:20 AM, said:

So, is it good, or disapointing? I guess I'll just have to play and see it for myself!

Well it seems like almost everyone here really likes it, so chances are you'll probably really like it too. I'm just weird :D (Don't worry 75th Trombone, I won't forget that you're weird too :D ).

And I'm very weird and random. Are you forgetting me? :cheesy:

#33 User is offline   musicwumusic 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:26 AM

Surveillance and self-recorded video journals are two very different things. Surveillance: Gehn was using surveillance to watch me as I went about Riven (hence three surveillance = three gehns, although those cameras are stationary, but nonetheless now that I know they are there, I will have an iminent feeling of Sirrus watching me if I ever go through Myst IV again :D but yea, that is a very Unmystlike part of Myst IV, good thing there was no mention of those cameras ingame). Video journal is something that a person willingly turns on and records something and then turns it off. In other words, a video journal should not be able to capture spur-of-the-moment activities. Anyway, video journals don't interest me as much as written journals.

Atrus showing realistic hints of emotion?? I strongly disagree. But then again I just read the book of Atrus and he seems naturally unemotional except when it comes to books, but even so, he is just boring. Good thing he only appears at the beginning and end (closes atrus' journal :D). It was only thanks to my desire to explore and Yeesha's presence that got me interested with the powersupply...

Quiet emotions I do like, but Atrus, again, is almost emotionless, especially in Myst IV.

I think that in real world terms, they changed the accent of D'ni from the first part to the second part when Yeesha says it, because apparently "dunny" is slang for "toilet" in Austrailia... :cheesy: How are Gehn and Yeesha natively D'ni? I guess Gehn could have been, but the Fall came early on in his life, so he probably learned very little? And he has a hard time mastering the Art, he learned all he knew from reading books he finds in D'ni. As for Yeesha, she was taught by Atrus who was taught by Anna (who, true, was taught by Aitrus) but I don't consider that authentic enough. And Esher? Where is Esher from??

#34 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:35 AM

View Postmusicwumusic, on Apr 19 2009, 06:26 AM, said:

Surveillance and self-recorded video journals are two very different things. Surveillance: Gehn was using surveillance to watch me as I went about Riven (hence three surveillance = three gehns, although those cameras are stationary, but nonetheless now that I know they are there, I will have an iminent feeling of Sirrus watching me if I ever go through Myst IV again :D but yea, that is a very Unmystlike part of Myst IV, good thing there was no mention of those cameras ingame). Video journal is something that a person willingly turns on and records something and then turns it off. In other words, a video journal should not be able to capture spur-of-the-moment activities. Anyway, video journals don't interest me as much as written journals.

What exactly is unMystlike about cameras? Atrus had a realistic reason to put them there, and they help add to the atmosphere of the place (the failed security, and the nagging thought that someone is watching you [that you feel in all the other Myst games: Myst due to your unfamiliarity with the world, Riven due to Gehn's subtle presence, Exile due to Saavedro, and EoA because Esher stalks you]). As for the video (or just sound recorded) journaling, a lot of the memories are things that the people would record (Sirrus recording his tests comes to mind). Also, Sirrus and Achenar are stuck in prisons with nobody to keep them company - why not make some impromptu videos? You can see people doing weirder more spontaneous stuff on YouTube video blogs.

Atrus showing realistic hints of emotion?? I strongly disagree. But then again I just read the book of Atrus and he seems naturally unemotional except when it comes to books, but even so, he is just boring. Good thing he only appears at the beginning and end (closes atrus' journal :cheesy:). It was only thanks to my desire to explore and Yeesha's presence that got me interested with the powersupply...

Quiet emotions I do like, but Atrus, again, is almost emotionless, especially in Myst IV.

Perhaps because I am not especially emotional myself, I notice Atrus' emotions more. I found him realistically emotional (not hyperemotional, but not emotionless either), more so than most Catherine memories/journal entries/appearances. I also found him far more emotional in Myst IV than in most of the other games (and in more interesting ways than the books, where I will agree his emotions were mainly boring). Perhaps we're just tuned in to different emotional frequencies (that's the dial, on the right, by the way).

How are Gehn and Yeesha natively D'ni? I guess Gehn could have been, but the Fall came early on in his life, so he probably learned very little? And he has a hard time mastering the Art, he learned all he knew from reading books he finds in D'ni. As for Yeesha, she was taught by Atrus who was taught by Anna (who, true, was taught by Aitrus) but I don't consider that authentic enough. And Esher? Where is Esher from??

Yeesha could have been taught by the D'ni-in-Releeshahn (although we do see that at least some of her teaching was done by Atrus).
Esher, as far as we know it, is pureblood D'ni (from his appearance in Myst V: End of Ages). I'm still going with the snakebite theory myself, though.

#35 User is offline   Talashar 

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:24 PM

View Postmusicwumusic, on Apr 19 2009, 08:26 AM, said:

And [Gehn] has a hard time mastering the Art, he learned all he knew from reading books he finds in D'ni.

I don't think this reflects on Gehn's knowledge of D'ni as much as his psychology. He seems to have a deep sense of inferiority to "authentic D'ni" and so copies the works of others rather than trusting his own efforts.

As for Yeesha, I just think it would be strange if she hadn't spent enough time on Releeshahn growing up to learn D'ni.

#36 User is offline   75th Trombone 

• shokhootahn (instructor)

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:03 PM

Esher's pronunciation of "D'ni" in Myst V sounds more or less exactly like RAWA's description of its exact pronunciation from the Lyst a few years back. He said there was a hard stop where the apostrophe is (or something to that effect). And yet RAWA is on record as disapproving of David Ogden Stiers's rendition of the word.

Yeesha's pronunciation has always been and will always be my preferred pronunciation. But I've long since ceased to really care one way or another.

#37 User is offline   musicwumusic 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:00 PM

What exactly is unMystlike about cameras? Atrus had a realistic reason to put them there, and they help add to the atmosphere of the place (the failed security, and the nagging thought that someone is watching you [that you feel in all the other Myst games: Myst due to your unfamiliarity with the world, Riven due to Gehn's subtle presence, Exile due to Saavedro, and EoA because Esher stalks you]). As for the video (or just sound recorded) journaling, a lot of the memories are things that the people would record (Sirrus recording his tests comes to mind). Also, Sirrus and Achenar are stuck in prisons with nobody to keep them company - why not make some impromptu videos? You can see people doing weirder more spontaneous stuff on YouTube video blogs.

Only in Riven I feel being watched. In Myst I, I have no idea what is going on and everyone is trapped in other ages. In Myst III, after Saavedro links out, there's no one else present to watch me. I don't feel like being watched in Myst IV either, which is strange now that I think about it; I guess it's because the villains are more likely trying to hide from me than watch me. :D

I doubt Sirrus and Achenar brought imagers (which would be the primary video recording device?) with them, or that they would have had the materials to build imagers to record themselves... It would be more logical to have those imagers in Channelwood and such.

View PostTalashar, on Apr 19 2009, 03:24 PM, said:

And [Gehn] has a hard time mastering the Art, he learned all he knew from reading books he finds in D'ni.

I don't think this reflects on Gehn's knowledge of D'ni as much as his psychology. He seems to have a deep sense of inferiority to "authentic D'ni" and so copies the works of others rather than trusting his own efforts.

As for Yeesha, I just think it would be strange if she hadn't spent enough time on Releeshahn growing up to learn D'ni.

Oops I totally forgot about Releeshahn... :D Seems reading one of the three novels isn't quite enough :cheesy:

Gehn feeling inferior to D'ni?? Doesn't he take pride in criticising the D'ni phrase books and omitting words he thinks are unnecessary (and ends up creating unstable Ages)?

#38 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:04 PM

View PostTalashar, on Apr 19 2009, 12:24 PM, said:

And he's also very hasty. He doesn't try to master the theory of things if he can get results with other methods, no matter how inelegant or unstable.

View Post75th Trombone, on Apr 19 2009, 02:03 PM, said:

Esher's pronunciation of "D'ni" in Myst V sounds more or less exactly like RAWA's description of its exact pronunciation from the Lyst a few years back. He said there was a hard stop where the apostrophe is (or something to that effect). And yet RAWA is on record as disapproving of David Ogden Steirs's rendition of the word.

Could "hard stop" simply mean to not go "Dunny", and instead make sure to cut it into the "D" - "ni" sounds (coming to an abrupt stop between them)?

View Postmusicwumusic, on Apr 19 2009, 05:00 PM, said:

Only in Riven I feel being watched. In Myst I, I have no idea what is going on and everyone is trapped in other ages. In Myst III, after Saavedro links out, there's no one else present to watch me. I don't feel like being watched in Myst IV either, which is strange now that I think about it; I guess it's because the villains are more likely trying to hide from me than watch me. :cheesy:

Yeah, Gehn is the only villain smooth enough to actually fully want to watch you. Sirrus and Achenar are trying to avoid breaks in their plans, and Saavedro is just interested in Narayan. I still felt watched in both Myst and Exile, and I think it's reasonable. People feel watched when they are alone and know that there is a villain closely connected to them/the surroundings.

I doubt Sirrus and Achenar brought imagers (which would be the primary video recording device?) with them, or that they would have had the materials to build imagers to record themselves... It would be more logical to have those imagers in Channelwood and such.

It's still quite possible that they could bring imagers (more plausible than a memory amplifying necklace). It's a "why not" thing to bring (and they could edit it into their personalities easily - it's less of a change than many other things added in).

And
Gehn feeling inferior to D'ni?? Doesn't he take pride in criticising the D'ni phrase books and omitting words he thinks are unnecessary (and ends up creating unstable Ages)?

The books establish strongly that Gehn secretly feels inferior (due in part to the mocking he had to endure when he was young due to his mixed blood). He criticizes the books because he has an idealized view of the D'ni (which involves huge amounts of world to rule, which he is hasty to make and so tries to be as "efficient" as possible), and is trying to be a "good D'ni" (in short, he's a poser - he's overly stringent and proud in the D'ni because he's trying too hard [just like a child pretending to be all "grown up" and dismissing what they call "childish" things, which in fact adults would be okay with]).

#39 User is offline   Talashar 

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:49 AM

View Post75th Trombone, on Apr 19 2009, 04:03 PM, said:

Esher's pronunciation of "D'ni" in Myst V sounds more or less exactly like RAWA's description of its exact pronunciation from the Lyst a few years back. He said there was a hard stop where the apostrophe is (or something to that effect).

The apostrophe has two different pronunciations depending on the nearby sounds: are you sure he was talking about the word D'ni specifically? From my memory RAWA has been consistent that the apostrophe was a vowel there. Anyway, Esher's tongue sounds far too active for him to be producing the consonantal, glottal stop, pronunciation. He's saying d'khnee or something. :cheesy:

#40 User is offline   musicwumusic 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:28 AM

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on Apr 19 2009, 09:04 PM, said:

It's still quite possible that they could bring imagers (more plausible than a memory amplifying necklace). It's a "why not" thing to bring (and they could edit it into their personalities easily - it's less of a change than many other things added in).

All the imagers I've seen so far are huge, and not something you'd carry around if you intend to go to an age just to kill everyone and leave... And remember once they were in, there were no second trips... I understand there was one on Channelwood because the brothers used to live there. Or am I missing something here? :cheesy:

View PostTalashar, on Apr 20 2009, 07:49 AM, said:

View Post75th Trombone, on Apr 19 2009, 04:03 PM, said:

Esher's pronunciation of "D'ni" in Myst V sounds more or less exactly like RAWA's description of its exact pronunciation from the Lyst a few years back. He said there was a hard stop where the apostrophe is (or something to that effect).

The apostrophe has two different pronunciations depending on the nearby sounds: are you sure he was talking about the word D'ni specifically? From my memory RAWA has been consistent that the apostrophe was a vowel there. Anyway, Esher's tongue sounds far too active for him to be producing the consonantal, glottal stop, pronunciation. He's saying d'khnee or something. :D

D'(gurgle)ni

I think I liked it cause it was entertaining... I obviously did not like him :D

#41 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:49 AM

View Postmusicwumusic, on Apr 25 2009, 06:28 AM, said:

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on Apr 19 2009, 09:04 PM, said:

All the imagers I've seen so far are huge, and not something you'd carry around if you intend to go to an age just to kill everyone and leave... And remember once they were in, there were no second trips... I understand there was one on Channelwood because the brothers used to live there. Or am I missing something here? :cheesy:

There's nothing to say that smaller imagers couldn't exist, though (or camera analogues of any kind). An imager even just half the size of Channelwood's imager could be a plausible thing to carry around (I think they were planning to live in the Ages, just like the Ages in Myst - the civil war and ruin in Narayan was described as a "debacle", and so was probably not what they wanted to do [they want the treasure, power, etc., and that takes time]).

#42 User is offline   musicwumusic 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:01 PM

Huh? I thought they just ran in, killed everyone, took everything they felt like taking, and went on to another age.... I think Narayan was the only age that they had to manipulate around...

#43 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:02 AM

View Postmusicwumusic, on Apr 25 2009, 10:01 PM, said:

Huh? I thought they just ran in, killed everyone, took everything they felt like taking, and went on to another age.... I think Narayan was the only age that they had to manipulate around...

I think they stayed for awhile in each Age (while quite possibly "taking care" of several Ages at a time), even if the end result was basically the same. The letter in Mechanical (?), where Achenar says he will tell his "subjects" not to pay Sirrus' "tax" would indicate that they spent at least a little time pillaging and torturing and all. It's just that eventually they ran out of people to kill and treasures to steal/tax/destroy/etc.

#44 User is offline   musicwumusic 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on Apr 26 2009, 01:02 PM, said:

View Postmusicwumusic, on Apr 25 2009, 10:01 PM, said:

I think they stayed for awhile in each Age (while quite possibly "taking care" of several Ages at a time), even if the end result was basically the same. The letter in Mechanical (?), where Achenar says he will tell his "subjects" not to pay Sirrus' "tax" would indicate that they spent at least a little time pillaging and torturing and all. It's just that eventually they ran out of people to kill and treasures to steal/tax/destroy/etc.

Now I have to go back to Myst..... I never found any letters :cheesy:

#45 User is offline   Coolgamer 

• telahm (guildsman)

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:10 AM

I'm only half-way through IV at this point, and haven't played the Uru series or V. However, I will say that I think the peak of excellence was reached with Riven, and that the series has only gone slowly downhill since then.

#46 User is offline   Menelmacar 

• telahm (guildsman)
  • KI number:02751833

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

View PostCoolgamer, on Mar 16 2010, 05:10 AM, said:

I'm only half-way through IV at this point, and haven't played the Uru series or V. However, I will say that I think the peak of excellence was reached with Riven, and that the series has only gone slowly downhill since then.

I agree with this, with the exception that I liked most the first half of Revelation (i.e. everything before you get to Serenia), though it just made the second half that much more frustrating.

I'm waiting to hear that Cyan's next project will be another enormous and awesome world-building project with the same general feel we loved about the Myst games but no connection to the story of D'ni whatsoever.

N

#47 User is offline   Talashar 

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

View PostMenelmacar, on Mar 16 2010, 11:45 AM, said:

I'm waiting to hear that Cyan's next project will be another enormous and awesome world-building project with the same general feel we loved about the Myst games but no connection to the story of D'ni whatsoever.

Same here.

(Hey, two wugen! :blinky: Two wug? Wait, hold on, I can get this...)

EDIT: Menelmacar had a wug avatar when I wrote the above. Now posterity will not be confused. Any more than they already are. Will be.

#48 User is offline   Menelmacar 

• telahm (guildsman)

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:05 PM

View PostTalashar, on Mar 17 2010, 06:11 PM, said:

By mutual agreement with my friends, the correct answer is "one wug, two wugsies". :P

N

#49 User is offline   Coolgamer 

• telahm (guildsman)

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:41 PM

View PostTalashar, on Mar 17 2010, 08:11 PM, said:

View PostMenelmacar, on Mar 16 2010, 11:45 AM, said:

Same here.

Wugen?

#50 User is offline   Menelmacar 

• telahm (guildsman)

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:37 AM

Ceci n'est pas une wug.

N

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic