MYSTcommunity: Myst for iPhone Thoughts - MYSTcommunity

• 2 Pages +

Myst for iPhone Thoughts Also, hi-res images found.

#26 User is offline   pogsklinc 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member
  • KI number:01640096

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:16 PM

I bought the game the day it came out. I've been dreaming of Myst on an iPod for years and my dream finally came true. :arianna: It lived up to my expectations. It was well ported to touch screen, but there are a couple of problems I have with it. The thing is, they're both sound effects. Do you remember the deep sounds as the lights activated in the generator room on Myst Island, or when you rotate the elevator for rotating the fortress on Mechanical? That sound is now gone. :P It has been replaced with a higher sound. :/ The other sound that I miss is with the sound that the imager made when you turned it on in the Forechamber on Myst Island. They changed that sound completely too. :/ All in all though, the game was wonderful and I immensly enjoy playing it every day on my iPod. Thanks Cyan. Please make Riven for the iPhone platform too! :rotflol:

#27 User is offline   SolarSurfer 

• rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:41 PM

View Postchucker, on May 24 2009, 05:20 AM, said:

For example, the butterfly animations on Myst Island are now impossible because you wouldn't be able to move around while they're playing. Similarly, the fly-bys can't loop any more because you have to be able to actually link in.

Yeah that makes sense, but now I'm confused as to how they were able to pull of the animated bird in the background of the first link-in point on Myst Island or the fire in the cabin ???

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users