MYSTcommunity: Myst for iPod Touch, stuck at the very beginning - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Myst for iPod Touch, stuck at the very beginning

#1 User is offline   rockstarTS 

• rehlyihmah (the unseen)
  • Group: Member

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hello,

I never played Myst when it first came out (since I didn't have my own computer back then) so I decided to buy it for my iPod Touch from the app store. I've only been playing it for a little while and I'm totally stuck. I already read a bunch of online walk-throughs to make sure I wasn't missing anything and, as far as I can tell, I'm not.

I'm at the beginning after you flip all 7 switches to put the icons on the map in the library. I pointed the little red line at one of them and tried to ascend to the tower via the lift behind the bookshelf. The problem is every time I push the blue button in the lift it just buzzes at me and does absolutely nothing. It does the same thing no matter which icon is selected on the map. Every walk-through I've read just says "stop when the line turns red and then take the lift to the tower".

What am I missing? Can anyone help?

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Sonic_light 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:57 PM

View PostrockstarTS, on May 7 2009, 01:34 PM, said:

Hello,

I never played Myst when it first came out (since I didn't have my own computer back then) so I decided to buy it for my iPod Touch from the app store. I've only been playing it for a little while and I'm totally stuck. I already read a bunch of online walk-throughs to make sure I wasn't missing anything and, as far as I can tell, I'm not.

I'm at the beginning after you flip all 7 switches to put the icons on the map in the library. I pointed the little red line at one of them and tried to ascend to the tower via the lift behind the bookshelf. The problem is every time I push the blue button in the lift it just buzzes at me and does absolutely nothing. It does the same thing no matter which icon is selected on the map. Every walk-through I've read just says "stop when the line turns red and then take the lift to the tower".

What am I missing? Can anyone help?

Thanks.

You have to close the elevator door I think, then you can go upstairs :arianna:

#3 User is offline   75th Trombone 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:47 PM

View PostSonic_light, on May 7 2009, 03:57 PM, said:

You have to close the elevator door I think, then you can go upstairs :arianna:

That's the ticket. Myst games have a habit of closing doors automatically except when you actually need them to be closed. If you ever play Riven, you'd do well to keep that in mind.

#4 User is offline   albino 

• telnahvah (guildmaster)

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:07 AM

My problem with this on the iPhone version was that I kept trying to swipe to close the door. You need to just tap.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users