MYSTcommunity: Myst - iPhone issue - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Myst - iPhone issue Game is locking up on me

#1 User is offline   bacarlino 

• rehlyihmah (the unseen)
  • Group: Member

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:35 PM

I purchased and downloaded Myst flawlessly for my iPhone this morning. While playing today, I've had a few hiccups where it seem to lock up. It was no big deal to me at first because hitting the home button to exit the app and then restarting the app worked just fine. The part that locked up was fine and I could continue on.

However, near the beginning where you open the 3-digit lock safe that contains the matches, the game completely freezes up as soon as the safe opens. It's significant because this time it freezes every single time. If I exit the game and restart the app, luckily, the safe is already open at this point, and I can then click the matchbook. But if I try to open the safe again, same thing...it freezes. I haven't even played past this point now because I'm frustrated. I could move on but I'm wondering how many more areas I'm going to run into where it freezes! (Riven is the only game I've ever played in the series until now and that was years ago....loving it so far by the way!)

I have completely powered off the device and performed a reset by holding down standby+home for 10 seconds (until apple logo appears). Neither of these have fixed the issue.

I am concerned that it may be my OS. I am currently running iPhone OS 3.0 beta 5. Could this be the culprit? Has anybody experienced these issues on either iPhone OS 2.2.1 or 3.0? I've extensively searched Google unsuccessfully. If nobody at all seems to be having problems with standard 2.2.1 I may just assume the beta OS is to blame.

Thanks for any help/replies in advance.

#2 User is offline   chucker 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Admin
  • KI number:196082

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:15 AM

There are some 3.0-specific bugs listed as fixed for the upcoming update:]

iPhone OS 3.0 beta fixes:
+ Unable to skip movies during playback (beta 3.0)
+ Myst: Cabin safe Matchbox causes crash (3.0 beta)

You should search through their technical discussion forum to see if your issues are mentioned.

#3 User is offline   schuz0r 

• rehlyihmah (the unseen)
  • Group: Member

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

I have encountered the same problem running the official 3.0 release.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users