MYSTcommunity: My meownderings through Ages Beyind Myst - MYSTcommunity

• 3 Pages +

My meownderings through Ages Beyind Myst Meownderings are kinda like wonderings, but more meandering-like.

#1 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:03330098

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:25 PM

Click to reveal hidden content
This is gonna be written in-character only. The preamble is that real-life Me has been "called" like the others. For the purrrrpose of these diaries, the events of all previous games - or variations thereof - took place in my dreams, long ago. About my rather complicated relationship with my dreams, i'll tell some other time, in the asylum thread.
Disclaimer: i'm not THAT deranged yet, irl.

1/5/2009
I'm hungry as wahrk, i'm exhausted, and i have no idea where i am, much less why. I've realized long ago that i'm about to lose it completely soon {bugger that, i've been almost looking forward to the end of my endless battle!}, but this isn't how i imagined it.

Let's see, what do i remember? And which memories are thee real ones?
Was about a month ago, that i started getting the typical last-minute calls from everybody involved with the trip. Each of them had a perfectly good reason why he or she isn't gonna come after all. Yes, despite planning it with me for months. Yes, despite participating {for the adults among them} in purchasing all the equipment. Yes, despite seeming {in the case of of them} to be even more excited to be going on that trip than I was - and all things considered, THAT's definitely saying something.
Anyway, that was still perfectly normal. Guess things started getting odd when i kept packing after hearing the last of my friends cancel.

Ok, yeah, having a plan i've been looking forward to the whole year, suddenly made unfeasible - that's frustrating. I've dealt with much worse, but this may have been the last straw or something. Cause, to keep packing, when logically i know there's no way to make the trip now, is completely illogical... and i don't generally do illogical things, right? Not entirely sure what i was thinking at that point, just remember i was very angry.
So, ok, can dismiss that much as a nervous breakdown. But then i finished packing, and next day actually took the backpack and went outside. I mostly remember getting to town, then the rest of my memories are in brief flashes:

* I remember getting on a bus and looking at its number: 249.
There's a number of places that could have taken me to: its end destination is at my ex's house, but before reaching her city it goes through two other towns and... :=/ and the airport. If that's where i went - i'm probably up to my ears right now, and just don't know it yet.

* I remember struggling with an ATM, then with another one, different looking, and yet another. Couldn't remember my code. That's whacked even for me, as that's one of the few things i always remembered. No idea whether i had any success eventually. Hope not. Don't remember anything around the ATMs, nothing to use as a hint of where i was.

* I remember feeling just as i do now: hungry enough to kill and eat a dog {though i don't think i did} and even more exhausted than i am now {hey, i can still write...}, only i was also freezing. Thanks God this is not the case right now.

* A busy street i didn't recognize, very large one. English, spanish and french in my ears. Either tourists, or i'm oversees.

* Realizing something fell off, taking off my backpack and instantly seeing the sleeping bag is missing. Running back across some sort of a bridge.

* Very dark night. An unfamiliar smell. Screams, a gunshot, more screams and the sound of fabric ripping. Running towards the screams. I think i was REALLY blurred at this point. But i wasn't as hungry or tired as now, or in that second memory flash.

* Must be very soon after the above, as it;s just as dark, the same smell is present, and at least one of the two screaming voices. Maybe both, not sure. Me punching someone with my knife. Blood on my glasses

* Really not sure about this one: i'm on a motorcycle, driving it. Ugh, i can't drive anything. And i never even TRIED to ride motorcycle. So, either a false memory, or i'm gonna wish it was. Could explain some of the bruises, though.

* Last flash: it's dry and hot, just like now; i'm running, my eyes are just barely open to block the sand. Very hungry, but not nearly as much as now.

And that's it. Next thing i remember is quite coherent, in that i have no trouble recalling any point between then and now: more running, occasionally looking up at the moon and stars. Finally collapsing after coming through this here wooden gate. Realizing that i'm not gonna be able to get up {the pain is negligible, compared to the exhaustion}. Crawling under the corroded, metal sign, removing my backpack and rolling out my sleeping bag. Now that i look at it - it's clearly not mine. That is, maybe it is, if i bought it at some point, but it;s not the one i remember from home, not the one i packed and remember losing. Just gonna lay on it for comfort, though. It's really hot here.
I figured i should write things down from now on, or my memory will run away again. Not that it ever helped me back at home, but then at least i didn't have full-blown blackouts yet. Or, at least i think i didn't. I mean, when peoeple would remind me things, i was usually able to recall, at least vaguely.

Why was i running?
Sleep now, maybe tomorrow things will look clearer.

2/5/2009
That's assuming my cellphone still shows the correct date.
Because, it doesn't seem to do much else. It detects no network, making attempts to call anyone quite useless.

Checked what i was sleeping under. Says private property. Says so in english and spanish. No hebrew, no arabic. Seriously, where the whack am i? Oh well, if it's so private - keep your gates locked. Or at least closed. Hey, it was dark - not my problem.

-

Met the owner of this place. There is much i would otherwise say, but when a man has a grill, a freezer full of hamburgers {plus a bunch of stuff to go with them} and a seemingly endless generosity - i am more than willing to overlook a bit of vagueness.
Bottom line: still no idea where i am, but my belly is full.

Zandy says i must have "felt drawn" here. Says other people were too. Only i see no other people. Odd, he doesn't seem like a self-deluding, new-age bubble-boy. Maybe he's just missing a few bolts, like myself?

-

Descended into that crack Zandy pointed me towards. Coooooooool. Wouldn't think something like this could be found here. Looks like some ancient dwellings, uncovered naturally by the earth cracking up here. Or maybe the crack was already here when the dwellings were made? I don't recognize the style of anything here. :={ Bah, i fail anthropology. Can't even figure what continent i'm on. From the fact the sign was in english and spanish i can form some feeble guesses, but Zandy would obviously order it in whatever languages he'd like, which may or may not correspond to what's mainly spoken here.

I smell like an ecological crisis. Note to self: check of Zandi has anything like a bucket i could borrow. There's a pool of water here, but i don't wanna just go in it and make all of it dirty.

3/5/2009
Had some RESTFUL sleep for a change, in one of the ancient dwellings.
Only i'm not sure how "ancient" they are. Much of it looks almost stone age, but the doors look look waaay more developed, and then there's this one... "apartment", for lack of a better word. The basics are the same, but it has two separate room and it's full of tools that look like everything from ancient, through medieval, all the way to nearly modern.
The propeller from outside seems to go all the way down here. I thought it was something Zandi put up, but now i see it's connected to... huh? Ok, now that's VERY modern-looking, but obviously part of this place, not something added recently, like the rope bridges and planks. Actually, ARE those things added recently? No longer sure.

-

Managed to start the propellor, now that it's no longer held fast at its root. It keeps going on its own now, like a windmill.
Either someone {starting with a Z} is messing with me, or my sanity really died and went to Lalaland. Some of the things i thought were decorations are now glowing. They sink if i lean into them, kinda like buttons being pressed. Two such buttons in the "apartment" make the doors swoosh into o place or retreat into the floor, all sci-fi-like. Stone age my axe.

Moar: a "button" ornamenting a sink causes something to flicker in the air above that think.
Another, on a... modern-looking... big... samovar? Anyway, it triggers some sort of hologram to appear and move a bit. It also plays sound.

Okokokokokok, so new theory: ancient people made dwellings in this here place. Later, a more advanced civilization settled here - either finding it abandoned, or disposing of the more priimitive population - and adapted the place to its own needs {but kept stone-age kitchen utensils instead of makings its own? Wtw}. And i can't recognize what civilization that way, because i', dumb. Later still, ugh... aliens landed. And adapted this place for their own needs, to have a place until their vessel could be repaired and they can leave. But they left some stuff behind. Maybe because it was broken. Ok, that kinda makes sense.
Still, i'm gonna try and tinker with these things, to maybe get a more stable hologram on either of them.

-

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! YEESHA?!?
Ohforcryingoutloud. Ok, i've replayed it again and again since finding that scribing on the wall and setting the controls accordingly. The woman introduces herself as Yeesha, and from the things she tells - it's really THAT Yeesha. I also found a letter addressed to her. From Atrus. All fully consistent. It's official: i'm mad.
...Egads, if i'm having hallucinations, couldn't they at least be pretty hallucinations? What's up with that tattoo?

Zandy doesn't think i'm crazy. He indicated things he told me before i came down here, that prove he has already seen these things. Hallucinations cannot be shared unknowingly. So unless he's part of mine...

-

Pieces of Riven. Apparently, the Star Fissure drains here or something. The man refuses to say anything clear ad solid about any of it, of course. I told him about the dreams and all. He nodded, sagely. Next person who does that in a conversation with me will get punched.
The room under the roots, where Yeesha obviously wanted me {and anyone else who was "drawn" and managed to get her message?} to get, holds what looks like a linking book. And all things considered, i almost expect it to actually work as such.

-

Zandy is no help regarding the message, the book and everything else. Insted, he kindly informed me what he heard on the radio while i was poking around: police found a broken motorcycle, with blood all over it, about 30 kilometers north of here. Wish i was there when he heard that report. Only listens to music when i'm nearby, so i still got no toponyms, no nothing. But i get the hint. I'll attempt linking, forst thing tomorrow.

4/5/09
WOAH! It worked!
But... not quite like it used to, in the dreams. One weird thing is that i still had the book in my left hand, when i arrived. In the dreams, i could never take the book i linked into with me, though heavens be my witness i tried.

This place is beautiful. And it's constantly surrounded with clouds. Must be a mountain peak, if it even conforms to earth logic at all {and it may well not}.

-

The island isn't big at all, and only has one building. Now, unless there's a secret way down that i haven't found after spending all day examining every inch of this place, it seems there are now books linking back to... to wherever i came from this morning.

Oh, but there sure are liking books! No idea where they do lead yet. Four of them. Each was inside a sort of post. Took them inside. Better keep them all in one place, and the shelves are just right.
There was also a book already inside, but that one is mundane. Much as you can call something mundane if it has transcriptions and translations from freaking D'ni!

-

Tried climbing down the side of the island. Apparently, calling it that was rather prophetic of me: it just breaks off at some point. No mountain slope, no nothing. It's a freely hovering piece of rock. If i had the proper equipment, i could crawl across its underbelly and up on the other side of it. Also, it;s not very thick at all, so now i'm sure there is no underground chamber. There could be one inside the hill, though.

Gonna try one of the books tomorrow. This place is very nice, but has no sources of subsistence, and the stuff Zandi gave me won't last forever.

to be continued

#2 User is offline   Allatwan 

• Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:14 AM

I like it! :arianna: It reminds me of the good old days when I was starting Ages Beyond Myst too... Nice narration, by the way! Can't wait to see the rest!

#3 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:57 AM

Thanks, Allatwan!

5/5/09
Errr... ok, this age i linked into is amazing, but something's extremely wrong. Some people came and tried to turn this into an amusement park or something, judging by some of the stuff i keep finding here. Road blocks, safety cones... and the written documents. Some guy names Sharper was put in charge of this age by some bureaucratic organization named after post-revolution Zaire.

At least what i like to think of as "D'ni logic" works here. Every age has a natural power source and an artificial way of harnessing it. This place {named Teledahn, according to Sharper} is either very small - though clearly not as small as my wee linking island - and revolves around its axis like a dreidle, while set in its position; or orbits the sun, without itself revolving... or it could just be standing still, with the sun orviting it. I suppose it could also be spinning WHILE orbiting, but doing both in the exact same plane... gah! this makes my brain hurt.
Anyway, the whole area within my grasp is cast in a perpetual afternoon: the sun goes around quickly, somewhat above the natural horizon, making me feel like i'm on a very climatically comfortable pole. There is a huge aggregation, intended for harnessing the sun's energy: you synchronize the solar sail's spinning with the sun's movement - and get a constant current.
One of the levers meant to channel this current is stuck, though.

With the mushrooms too slippery to climb bare-handed and too soft for my climbing equipment to be of any use, i'm forced to rely on the age's own facilities to get around. Sharper's journal says it was all in disrepair when they found it, and he has been fixing it all up. It goes as far as 2002, when they started bringing in "authorized explorers" {authorized by whom?}, having finally decided the place is safe. Err... i suppose all this FAAIL could have happened in the six or seven years since then, but i was under the impression that, after Sharper was reassigned, these "D.R.C." people still kept an eye on this age, in one way or another. Guess not. Broken walkways, jammed levers...

-

The mushrooms themselves are inedible. The brightest-capped ones are likely poisonous, if vomiting reactions to the orange and a vivid sense of dissociation after the green are any indication. With some hints from Sharper's texts, though, i figured out the basis for whatever delicacies this place originally provided. And by that i mean the food, though i'm sure if a past D'ni resident of this age heard my previous sentence, they would be convinced i'm refring to much less innocent things. Bah, Yeesha's grandpa would be delighted.
Anyway, mixing the spores that float all around the place with some water to form a dough, then baking it, gives you something quite interesting. Kinda like injera, but without the sourness, and with a hue of actually mushroomlike taste.

-

I just realized something amazing. The book inside of the aquarium didn't take me to just another room on Teledahn. Sharper's diary here isn't just something he left behind during a visit to the age he has worked on for so long. This place IS the building he has been rambling about! I'm in D'ni!
...gonna sleep here tonight. Not sure whether this discovery really changes anything, but i think the limit of my ability to accept fantastic things has been reached for the day.

6/5/359
Yesterday's shock probably shook some parts of my brain into place. How couldn't i see it before? Of course: lowered means raised, raised means lowered! It's so obvious! NOT.
But the important thing is i'm finally able to go through those holding cells, yay.

-

Almost threw this notebook away with anger, when i ran into a bridge refusing to be lowered and thought it had something to do with the jammed lever at the sun-tracker. However, unlike said lever, this bridg enventually surrendered to brute force. I wish more things did that. Then again, if what Zandi was hinting at, before i linked away from earth, is true...

-

Score!
That thing is about as easy to move and aim as a tank with a circadian cycle disorder, but i got the hang of it finally. Got myself a flying bug. Only it sank before i had time to run around to the shore and swim to retrieve it. Meh.

-

Lowered the dam and shut down everything. According to Sharper, this should lure "Shroomie" in. I did hear a noise, once or twice, that could be coming form such a creature, but no sightings yet.

-

I managed to turn the gun all the way around. If the flying thingies had any inclination to fly over land - that would be a jackpot. Only they don't.
While having some target practice, i seem to have shit out weights that were holding a ladder up. Interesting.

So, the tapestries now light up fully to my touch. Does that mean the big door will open now, the way i was able to open the door into the tree, after finding seven tapestries on Zandi's property? That seems to be what Yeesha wanted...

Now that's a thought. If Yeesha, and her parents and everything else are real, does that mean every conversation i had with them, everything that happened involving me and any of them was real? Her message was addressed to any of a number of people; it was not personalized for me. Does that mean each of these people who would come to receive her quest had the same dreams? Were the supports also kicked out one by one, from underneath their legs, to make sure they have nothing left in their own lives to stay on Earth for? Who really did the things that i have done in my dreams? Only i? Each of these hypothetical people? Someone unknown, through whose eyes myself and others then saw it? How uncannily similar to me must these other be...

7/5/359
I think i'm at the Star Fissure. Heard Yeesha's voice again. I think she has fallen for some late D'ni religion. Explains a lot about the way she speaks, hopefully it also explains the tattoo she has while recording the holographic messages.
So now i know what Atrus was referring to, that time when he mentioned The Cleft. And the linking island is "Relto". Seems to be something very special about it. That keep-the-book-you-link-into {more like keep-the-cake-you-eat, amirite?} trick didn't work with any of the other books i found so far.
What the whack is a Baro?

-

Arrived at Relto, to see the pole - that i seem to have disintegrated from the Fissure by touching the hand shape - descent heavily into a niche somehow created by the post i took the Teledahn book from. A pretty impressive thing. If i understood Yeesha's voice correctly, it's supposed to keep the essence of... Baro, which seem to be the natives of some age that were enslaved by D'ni, kept on Teledahn and used in some gladiatorial games on a third age whose name Sharper mentioned.

But whack that. The really weird thing is there's a new book on my shelf. I'm sure i would have written here, if i had found and brought it here. The logical assumption should be that someone else has a linking book to Relto, and they were here while i was gone, leaving this book, but... the linking panel shows Sharper's office in D'ni. Works, too. I have no idea what's going on here.

#4 User is offline   KatrAnna 

• C'ki Bahro
  • KI number:14189098

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:07 PM

Oh, how I've missed you and your style Swampthing. :rotflol: So, what did you think of grown up yeesha? :arianna:

#5 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:19 AM

Katrana! :=D *cuddlz*!
Eh, could be worse. I mean, still a disappointment, but not nearly as bad as what i expected after all i heard about her here, lol. My in-story self will have some things to say about her, as he goes along.*

8/5/359
Yaknow, my latest poem takes on a very disturbing meaning, in light of these latest events that started almost straight after i finished it.
Been to Teledahn again, to finish up some... ok, that was gonna be a lie. I went to try hunting flying bugs again. No dice. Even if already naked at the gun, ready to jump into the water the moment i shoot one down - it still manages to sink where i can't see it, before i have time to swim over to where it fell. And none of them ever passes over land. Tried waiting for one to just fly close enough to the gun, so that it'll fall close to me and i'll have tme to reach it before it sinks. But no, they don't really do that either. In several hours, one went over my head, but i had no time to shift the gun, of course. It was built for sniping, not for interception.
Wait, scratch that, Sharper writes it was built for mining. That explains why the most use i got out of it was shooting rocks.

-

I'm in a prison cell. Why am i in a prison cell?
I don't even remember any relevant blues songs.

-

WOAH. Ok, so my cell itself wasn't even locked, but this jail complex as a whole is pretty secure. The only way out is a swan dive to death. Also, the whole thing rotates. The world around it is beautiful, though. Not the Teledahn kind of alien, whacked-up beauty; i mean perfectly earthlike forests, mountains, waterfalls, a river... I would even allow that this could be a place on Earth, but i'm quite certain nobody builds something THIS size, almost entirely out of METAL, then makes it whacking SPIN, unless this somebody has several human lifetimes to waste and/or can conjure it all with the wave of a quill.
Granted, i faintly recall that Earth itself was <i>written</i> at some point, but surely humanity would have discovered this place by now, if it were around since the dawn of time.

-

There was a piece of paper, with the childlike drawing of a waterfall in my cell. By its dimensions and the type of paper, it seemed to fit into my Relto book. So i tried linking to Relto with the page inside. I GOT MY OWN WATERFALL!!!

-

The non-linking book on my shelf seems to contain quotes for whatever it is Yeesha got hooked on. It sounds pretty much the way she sounded at the fissure. I think the titles are names of ages {Teledahn was the first title} and the quotes under each age's name is supposed to be relevant to that age. Teledahn's quote spoke of the truth of a man being hidden in the darkness below - an obvious reference to the dark secrets of Teledahn's past owners, in the form of the holding cells.
There are four quotes, and i have four linking books in. The ornamentation at each quote's entry seems to match one of the posts and books i have. Only... one of the entries speaks of two separate ages, while i only found one book in the relevant post. Oh well, burn that bridge when i get to it.
The age where i was so briefly imprisoned {thank you, Relto!} is titled Gahreesen, and its quote speaks of hubris, and how the laws people make out of it are blasphemous and must be broken. I suppose these cells were meant for the same slaves they held on Teledahn, seeing as that's where the linking panel was, but Sharper's journal said the slaves from Teledahn went on to an age called Rebek.
Rebek=Gahreesen?

-

Linked to Gahreesen through the book from the post. Not in jail - yay!
This place shows even more DRC presence than Teledahn. Found, through a broken wall, where the rotation itself is happening. Got myself some sort of communication device. Might come in handy one day. Also, managed to activate lots of stuff from the controls inside the spinning center. Previously locked doors now open before me.

Also, found another page that fits into my Relto book. Tried linking to Relto with the page inside {i needed to, anyway: couldn't climb out of the crack i found it in!}, and the only difference is some big rocks and pieces of firewood. The scribbles on the page could really be referring to that. Gonna come in handy, if it ever gets cold on Relto.

-

Yet another interesting finding: it's a bookless linking panel, like the one Sharper must have used to get from his Teledahn office to his D'ni office. {Ok, i just rereat that last part of that sentence. Seriously, i just wrote "used to get from his Teledahn office to his D'ni office". UGH! Why don't I get a job like that?!}
Looks like indeed somewhere in D'ni, but i can't get down from here to explore the city. Hmm... better use that mysterious new book and try to get into the city out of Sharper's office.

-

...Curiouser and curiouser. The linking panel from Gahreesen to D'ni has copied itself into the book with the panel into Sharper's office. This book appeared here after i used the latter panel, and now that i used the second panel - it is here too. Weeeeeeeeird.

No doors out of Sharper's D'ni office, and the windows are too high for me to be able to get down into the city safely from them. I suppose the DRC gave him what he asked for, but didn't want him hanging around the city much. But i did find something i have overlooked before: yet another bookless linking panel.

ARRRRRRGH, again a high place i cannot get down from!
Oh yeah, it seems to be yet another D'ni location. I'm on a balcony, but the stone doors into the building it belongs to are jammed. I bet i'll find the panel leading here has joined the two other D'ni panels, when i go back to Relto.

-

WHAT THE WAHRK?!
Ok, no, my guess was wrong. There is no new panel in the Mystery Book. Instead, there is a NEW mystery book! Its first panel only shows swirling fog and doesn't work, the way my Relto book's panel did when i opened it at the Fissure. {Back then, i found myself back in Relto after falling down in an attempt to jump over to the next pole}. But there is another, and that one leads to where i just came from. Only, unlike the first mistery book, whose cover design seem to be ubiquitous to D'ni, this one has a design i've seen around the huge door that took me from Teledahn to the Fissure.

Even in madness, there needs to be logic. This is way too much. I'm not gonna link until my head clears a little, however long that may take.

#6 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:56 AM

(For italics you have to use ['s instead of <'s)

View PostSwampthing + relevant emoticons, on Jun 5 2009, 08:19 AM, said:

-

I'm in a prison cell. Why am i in a prison cell? :P
I don't even remember any relevant blues songs. :P

-

:arianna:

-

There was a piece of paper, with the childlike drawing of a waterfall in my cell. By its dimensions and the type of paper, it seemed to fit into my Relto book. So i tried linking to Relto with the page inside. I GOT MY OWN WATERFALL!!!

-

Ah yes, that is one of the best of the Relto pages (and not too hard to get). :rotflol:

#7 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:48 PM

Oups, i knoew that. :=} Thanks, fixed now. Too much DevintArt and too little MC for me lately.
How many Relto pages are there? I ended up with 3, and that's including the one Yeesha gave me in the end.

)/5/359
Right. The only way i'm gonna gain any better understanding of... anything, is by getting to one of the other three poles. Seems simple enough: find seven tapestries in an age - get to a pole - send it to Relto - repeat. Gonna link back to Gahreesen and try that elevator.

-

Oooooh...
Ok, so first of all - the complex i've been exploring since linking here directly from Relto is not in the same building as the prison. My main reason to think otherwise was the rotation, but yeah - apparently they have TWO massive, rotating fortresses here. I can see the prison from this rooftop. It's on the top of an enormous construction. Maybe i can get into its lower parts, if i can leap from the bridge extending from this rooftop to one of the bridges radiating from the prison's structure.

-

Interesting. A training center? Found a bit of DRC secondaries here. One seems to believe the prison's function was to hold D'ni citizens who broke the laws of this place. I suppose that was written before they figured Teledahn's little secret out.

Lots of information about the communication device. All completely irrelevant. Mine does none of this stuff they describe.

Another linking panel. I really don't wanna touch it, but curiosity may yet kill the cat...

On a more immediately relevant note, i've found all seven tapestries. They light up fully if i touch one now. And i did see a door, similar to the one the tapestries opened for me in Teledahn. Problem: it's far below, and i can't find a way to get closer to it through the structures. If i had more rope {as in MUCH more} - i could tie it to the railing at the lower building's rooftop's railing and descend into the forest; only i don't.
Oh well, two more ages await. Perhaps i'll find something i can use as a rope in one of them. But now - back to Relto for a bath on my very own waterfall.

-

The book with the religious quotes lists Teledahn first and Gahreesen second, which is indeed the order in which i happened to explore them. The age it lists as third is called Kadish Tolesa. D'ni has shown to have similarities with Hebrew before, but this is getting ridiculous.

Anyway, the quote for this age says that a man's true colors are only shown when he is alone, out of sight. I see where it's coming from, of course, but i disagree on a point of principle. If a man's true self is that load of manure and fail that remains if you strip everything else, if a man is to be defined by his base nature... well, that would make me a veritable monster {though, amusingly enough, not at all in the way one would suspect, and thanks God for that}. And not just me. Every person i love is a diamond shaped - often by her or his own will - out of the same vile and disgusting bog we all have our roots in. Nobody can choose the cards they dealt with from the start. What sense does it make to define a person by something the person had no say in? The way i see it - only one's choices {in the broadest sense of the term} can be used to determine one's nature. And such choices are no more often made in isolation than they are in plain sight and in the company of other people.
I don't think i like your new religion any more than i like your new tattoo and haircut, Yeesha.

But i guess i'll have to try that panel in the training center on Gahreesen anyway. I have to be through. Might find something i can use as a rope extension.

-

Nothing. Another place in what i assume is D'ni, isolated by height from its surroundings. Appeared in the D'ni book, upon my return. The other mystery book still shows swirling fog, though. Will set for the Kadish age tomorrow. Good thing i packed my religious miscellanea before leaving home. Wouldn't like to walk into a synagogue age dressed as a gentile. Ha!

!/5/359
Ummm... ok, so, not a jewish faith age. Misleading name.
It seems to be a forest, so ancient that many of the trees have merged together. Their tops are so far up i can't even see, and no branches grow anywhere in sight. Seems like there existed a civilization here, and not too long ago, but what remains is mostly broken.

No clue what some of these devices are. Kinda like the land-measuring stuff they use to plan a construction site, but obviously intended as very permanent, so they couldn't be that. I thought maybe an astrological purpose, bu there are no hinges to turn these things to face upwards. But maybe large mirrors were place somewhere, for this purpose?

There is a linking book. Attempts to take it with me to Relto faced the same success levels as did earlier attempts to do the same with the bookless D'ni panels and with Sharper's D'ni and Teledahn books; that is to say - no dice. The blasted thing isn't in my hands when i materialize on Relto, and revisiting the location showed it just fell from where i was holding it while linking.
Where did that expression come from, anyway? "No dice". Hmm, if someone invents a d0 die for roleplaying games, i'll still manage to roll a 1 on it. Epic fail is so inherent to me, that i should probably invest in a Guy Fawkes mask if i ever get back to Earth.

-

I just HAD to mention those D'ni panels, didn't i? Found another one. Linked, as part of my rcent resolution to be thorough in my explorations. Yepp, another height-isolated location in D'ni, but this time it's quite interesting. It's a rooftop, and the DRC has apparently set camp here, for some good old hermioning. Crates upon crates of books. Gonna spend a looooong time here.

One of the DRC people has cut off a piece of a Journey Tapestry. An attached note says the tapestry regenerated itself, but... i can't explain it: for some reason - his act enrages me.
Ok, ok, it's probably just because Yeesha seems to hold these tapestries in religious reverence. Not sure.
Gonna stick around here for a while, do some reading. But only until i start dozing off; and then it's back to Relto for sleep. I can't waste too much time here, and i doubt anything the DRC has written can of be much help to my little quest. The crates contain little beside books, and decisively no rope. The rug is no good for my purposes, either. Tears under my weight.

#8 User is offline   Thestrangered 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:54 PM

Hey there swampthing, I'm jewish too! :rotflol: hehe, I always found the name "Kadish" interesting :arianna: .

Is this your first time through Uru?

#9 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:44 PM

Yeah, isn't it weird how they took a prayer for a name? I mean, who would want to be called after a mournful prayer for the dead??? Not me! But I've heard it also means "holy" in Hebrew... maybe a joke, since Kadish thought HE was the Grower, as in the D'ni prophet he never was...
I used to freak out everytime I saw the word when I read Elie Wiesel's "The night". But now, it's like, the opposite: I keep of thinking of concentration camps and mourning when seeing "Kadish"... :rotflol: sad... BTW, aren't they celebrating something and doing a "Shoah rememberance thing" this year? In France, we're having movies, a historical soap opera and documentaries on it throughout June, on TV. Are they doing that in the US too?
Or are you guys not from the US... then I guess you wouldn't know! :arianna:

#10 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:24 PM

Brakhot, akhi! :=D
Yepp, my first time. I finished, though. Writing this retrospectively. I just hope i'll remember the ending well enough, by the time i get around to writing about it. Or i'll have to replay everything.

Allatwan:
Not exactly. Hebrew for "holy" is Kadosh. The word Kadish is of the same root {k-d-sh}, but its form indicates a different grammatical role of the word. More complication from the fact it's Aramaic, rather than Hebrew. Very close language, but stopped developing many centuries ago, so much more archaic. I think the closest thing to a translation of the word to English would be "Sanctify".
Btw, using it as a prayer for the dead is a relatively new thing {middle ages and on}. It's a multi-purpose prayer, really.

Err, don't think "celebrating" is the proper term. But yeah, the hebrew word for holocaust is Sho'a, which could be mis-transcribed into... that. :=} We have the holocaust remembrance day on the 27th of Nisan, which usually corresponds to late April.
And lol, i'm definitely not from the US. Although someone on MC {don't remember who} long ago based a very long counterargument to my opinions, entirely on the assumption that i am. >_<
I'm Edannite Israeli.

@/5/359
All very interesting, but ultimately a waste of time.
Oh, and yesterday, when i linked back, too sleepy to write - i DID check the books to see the rooftop added itself to the D'ni book. I still have no explanation, but i've grown numb to that, finally.
If i meet Yeesha face to face, perhaps she will explain. However...

[a page is torn out]

However... only a few years ago, when she told me she must leave but wants me to stay {after which the dreams stopped, so i never saw her OR Atrus and Katran again, until this} she was still a child. In the hologram she seemed a late teenager or young adult, and her voice at the fissure sounded somewhat older, if i am not mistaken. These people, although more and more human blood is admixed with each generation, are supposed to have huge lifespans. But i have no idea when the hologram and the voice were recorded, and no idea what time the events in my dreams belonged in. I'm afraid the evidence pointing to the dreams being retrospective also increases the likelihood of my part in them not being truly mine, unless it is possible to affect past events from a point later in time... or is it not really a point later in time for my dream-self, since "he" has no corporeal existence in my, "real" time?
Bah, i get derailed AGAIN. My point is - she was a child then, and is an adult in these recordings. I do not know the time-stamp of either. And that means...
...meh, that means i have no way of knowing Yeesha is still alive.

-

Just relaxed outside a bit. There are cracks in the ground that were not there when i first explored the island thoroughly. Not sure when they appeared. Could the earth be growing drier here? Perhaps there are rains here, keeping the earth moist, and the last one was before my arrival, so the earth has began to crack.

If the date on my cellphone is correct, today is the twelfth of June, which means a full month since i left home. Pity i don't remember the larger part of this month. My memory has sucked clinically for years, but this is the first time i'm dealing with something you can really call amnesia. I look at the first entry in this diary, and no longer remember some of the flashes i wrote of. But i do remember remembering them then... i think. Some faint memories float up, that did not float up back then, but they are too vague to even describe. Just brief images, smells, tactile sensations. Two voices, but no words for either, though i can remember their mannerisms of speech.

Bah, enough of this. Tolesa awaits. Or rather the book i found there does, as i can't seem to be getting anywhere on Tolesa itself.

-

Ha! Jackpot. The temple on the book's panel is quite impressive, but more importantly - one of the stained glass works showed a set of settings for the devices whose purpose i couldn't figure out. Took a photo of it. Will use it for reference and set them accordingly.

DRC barricades at the top of twin flights of stairs. That's no obstacle, of course. The doors leading out were jammed, but they are nothing like the giant stone gates some of the D'ni panels led me to, so - nothing my boot, my knife, and the fact i have a LOT of time on my hands could not handle. but beyind the doors... well, at least that explains why the DRC put these road blocks.
Apparently this temple is in D'ni too. Beyond those doors, there used to be a bridge, leading away and somewhat down, to connect with a faraway building i can barely see from here. The bridge is gone now, collapsed, and the only way down is very, very long fall. I should be starting to expect that by now.

-

YES! Setting the three devices as shown on the temple's stained glass caused a door to open right into a tree.
Remembering the quote speaking of being alone and hidden, tried closing that door after me. I suppose that was indeed the reason behind putting that quote there: one of the tapestries was on the door's inside.

-

Snap. no clue how to proceed. The door is jammed, but i'm pretty sure there's a way to make it open. I need the temple book again, but the door i closed won't open again. Going back to Relto.

-

Phew! The D'ni book is good for something other than pushing me towards a nervous breakdown after all. A panel leading to the temple was in there, so i was able to get there quickly, take a photo of every stained glass work in there, and return to the secret hall on Tolesa.

Not much good, though: the door's mechanism might be broken. I got shapes, that hang from the ceiling to selectively block some of the sunlight, move in ways that leave illuminated the exact i photographed in the temple. Done so by pressing the exact buttons shown there, too. But walking along it towards the door does nothing. It still won't budge, and i don't even hear any sounds of gears turning, weights shifting, or water flowing.

Yeesha's speeches show a preference of her new faith to darkness, rather than light. {Could be culturally subjective of me, but am i the only one who feels that doesn't sound good?}
{Well, of course i am. There's nobody else here. Only person i know who probably heard her talk is Zandi, but from what Sharper writes - it seems the guy's quite enthusiastic in getting more people to make the journey she wants us all to}.
So, i tried to follow the dark outline of the shape. It doesn't lead right to the door, but close enough. Standing at the end of this dark path, i tried to pull the handle - and still nothing. been examining this floor for over two hours since. No idea what to do. If the mechanism broke down, some time after Yeesha set the tapestries and recorded the messages, this could be dead end. I have no way to obtain explosives or anything. There is still another linking book on Relto, but that would be the second age i'm leaving essentially empty-handed. Second out of four. Not good.

Took a photograph of the floor from a high position on the stairs. Might be a good idea to look at it while resting somewhere else, with a clearer head. Back to Relto for now.

???/5/359
{i'm assuming it's already the 13th, but it could still be the 12th. Night does not seem to exist on Relto nor Telesa, and i broke my cellphone while throwing it at the sectioned floor in frustration. Salvaged the sim card, though. Now it's safe in the closet.}

Very well, since i cannot make any progress on Tolesa and refuse to move on with two unfinished paths behind me - i'll have to force my way through Gahreesen. Jumping off the lower building's railing into the forest looks quite survivable. No guarantees, of course, bu i have every right to try. Any loved ones i may have left, have already lost me the moment i touched that Relto panel for the first time. The only thing i risk is Yeesha's request, but it seems quite clear that others have, are, or will be stepping up for the challenge. She does not need a dysfunctional lunatic, whose own body regularly rebels against his will to live, to do whatever it is i'm trying to do here - if i fall, there will come someone more suited for the task. Probably already has come, and likely more than one... Granted, i'm not certain how they are supposed to do anything, if i already took the Relto book, but i'm sure Yeesha has planned for it. I strongly doubt somethign as elementary as getting her message and finding the seven tapestries on Zandi's property could be a sorting trial intended to only leave one champion out of a crowd.

-

Landed successfully.
Bruises and scratches aplenty, but nothing is broken, and i'm pretty sure there was no concussion. The safest spot to jump to was quite far away from the niche with the door, so i had to walk a bit through the woods. Beautiful, by the way. looks like not a soul has been there. To make sure i won't get lost, i just made my way to the cliff's edge and walked along it to the door's niche. The ground there is nowhere near as soft as the firest's, and no branches to break the fall; but the height is pitiful, compared to the jump i already made, so i made it despite the physical discomfort from the bruises. Hurt my feet, but that's nothing. I mean, two jumps like these, and i haven't even stretched anything? I'm doing quite well, considering the circumstance!

-

Another voice recording from Yeesha, more things to ponder for me.
And indeed, another poll taken to Relto. I stood right next to it, to closely watch as it descended into place. Felt a movement under my feet, the moment it settled, and as i looked down - i saw the cracks in he ground have become more prominent. They seem to all be connected, forming an outline. Could the first cracks have appeared when i imported the first pillar? I hope retrieving the remaining two won't cause an earthquake to tear the island apart or anything.

-

The sectioned floor on Tolesa has margins. It would not need any margins, if the only path anyone would want to take were from the bottom of the steps. To perhaps my path needs to begin elsewhere? The stained glass showing this floor has one stone block marked in red... but there doesn't seem to be a way across the floor, leading from it to the door, that would be either all dark or all lighted. Gonna go there, see if these new thoughts, or Yeesha's new words, will be more useful when i'm on the sectioned floor itself.

-

Of course! it took mt head a hard fall or two and a lecture to be able to even crawl in that direction, but if the door is not necessarily the point of origin, then the door is not necessarily the point of destination, either! Walked from the marked block of stone to the floor's center and, sure enough - a path is revealed! Parts of the floor sank down, letting me through.

I reached the edge of the woods, a shoreline. Can see some younger trees from here, whose branches and tops one can actually see. There is no see here, nor an ocean of sweet water line on Teledahn. It's just clouds, like on Relto. Could Telesan and Relto be physically on the same age? I've seen the clouds on Tolesa before, but assumed they were just chasms, filled with fog. This, however, is clearly an open body of... ugh, of not land.

There is a perfectly preserved building here. I'd sure love to know what it was intended for. My best guess is some complex board D'ni game, was played here with persons for pieces, kinda like those Human Chess games they got in Russia.
Fortunately, no trouble getting through here. The temple's instructions for this were among the things i photographed, and were much more straightforward than the last.

-

I think i've seen something similar in a movie once. A chamber suspended on chaotically arranged cables, in the middle of a huge cavern. Probably much safer than it looks. Though uprooting one cable would be relatively easy, with the proper tools, it would take a LONG time to dislodge enough of them to even cause the chamber to hit a wall. At that point, climbing out of it and up the remaining cables would still be possible, i think. Would take longer yet to disconnect all of them, to make the chamber tumble down the abyss.

And speaking of tumbling down the abyss, i can see the Journey Door, and i don't like it at all. The jump isn't high at all, as long as you keep everything in perspective {that is, compare it to Gahreesen}, but precision will be much more essential here. Miss the ledge, and it's a total skydive. I securely tied the Relto book, open on the panel's page, around my left forearm. That way, if i fall - i can link instantly, with no risk of actually hitting the unseen bottom.

But it's not time for the Door yet. I'm one tapestry short, and i bet it is inside the chamber. And knowing which numbers the shapes correspond to is of little help, if you don't know the correct sequence, to unlock that chamber.

-

Apparently, my intuition works, where logic falls short. That's a first. My intuition has nearly always been wrong before. Of course, Yeesha would know perfectly how my mind works... but it would be a sign of paranoia and unwarranted self-importance, to think she changed the sequence to make it easier personally for me. I don't even know that she would care enough, after so long, to still remember... But i admit: on some level, i want to believe that.

The place smells like something crawled in there and died, and that is most likely because something did just that: a D'ni croaked in his treasure room. Only a skeleton remains of himself, but his cloak is in perfect condition. Not gonna touch it, of course.
AM, however, gonna touch some of the other stuff. The tapestry allows direct linking into this chamber, so after a few rounds back and forth {a bunch of stuff from here to Relto - a lungfull of fresh air from there back here - repeat}, i now have a pretty nice collection. If i ever make it back to earth, this is gonna look great wherever i may settle. Also, if memory serves {HA!}, a few of my friends are passive coin collectors. So i'm gonna have something for them, too.
Actually, anything i won't wanna keep or give away will most likely be valuable on any market. The coins - for the gold content alone, if nothing else.
The morningstar is useless, but the sword and shield seem fine. My knife is still better in most regard, than this sword, but sometimes size does matter.

Well, that's it. A good meal, bath and night's sleep to clear the miasmas of death out of my system, then back to Tolesa for the door. Yitgadal va yitkadash Shmeh raba...

???/5/359
{I really need a new way of tracking the passage of time.}

Managed to reach to door's ledge by crawling along a cable from the platform at the chamber's foot. It goes intot he cavern wall right over the door's ledge, so much easier than jumping from the entrance ledge.
Summary of Yeesha's speech: The D'ni belief system strongly encouraged saving for a rainy day, forgetting that it never rains underground.

Also, the dead hoarder had a text written in D'ni by his side.
Back when i had the dreams, Yeesha has been teaching me the language, but i never retained that knowledge upon awakening. It could have been very extraordinary, if i did. But alas, dreams don't work like that. Quite unusually {well, unusual for normal dreams, at least}, i seemed to remember everything during the next dream, every time, so the teaching progressed from one dream to another. But i'm not asleep now, so tough luck.
The stiff's D'ni text had glosses by Yeesha, but they revealed nothing.

-

Woooaaaah. Ok, if i'm just back from the Star Fissure, then what's THIS? The cracks are very well defined now that the third pillar is in place, and the outline they form is quite familiar to me. The cavern with Yeesha's recording has just a round hole. But this is the same shape i remember from the Riven dreams! Will it open, if i reach the final pole?

About to find out anyway. By the look of the last book's linking panel, i should apply some sunscreen before linking.

#11 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:52 AM

OW!!!! OF COURSE I didn't mean "cellebrate"!!!!! I meant, err, remember... no, I can't find the word right there, but what I mean is that there will be a BIG HIGE ceremony for it. And sorry 4 confusing Aramaic with Hebrew.... :arianna: (Not too good with languages here!)

#12 User is offline   Thestrangered 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:01 AM

You're from Israel? me too!

אתה יכול לקרוא את זה?

Ma kore! :arianna:

#13 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:45 AM

View PostSwampthing, on Jun 5 2009, 12:48 PM, said:

Oups, i knoew that. :=} Thanks, fixed now. Too much DevintArt and too little MC for me lately.
How many Relto pages are there? I ended up with 3, and that's including the one Yeesha gave me in the end.

There are 6 Relto pages in Ages Beyond Myst.

Hut decorations - Eder Kemo
Logs and rocks - Gahreesen
Waterfall - Gahreesen
Tree (that grows) - Kadish
New roof - Teledahn
Rain - Cleft

There are also 5 Relto pages in To D'ni
Islands - Bevin
Dock - Teledahn
Imager - Great Zero
Sun and moons - Ae'gura
Music box - Eder tomahn

and 5 in the Path of the Shell
Clock - Ahnonay
Firemarbles - Er'cana
Fireplace - Myst
More plants - K'veer
Butterflies - Kadish Tolesa

(these lists, especially the tPotS one, have spoilers)

but yeah - apparently they have TWO massive, rotating fortresses here.

Of course. If you could make one massive rotating fortress, wouldn't you just want to make another for the fun of it?

View PostSwampthing, on Jun 5 2009, 09:24 PM, said:

Yeesha's speeches show a preference of her new faith to darkness, rather than light. {Could be culturally subjective of me, but am i the only one who feels that doesn't sound good?}

Very interesting comment. I could very well be a cultural thing. Yeesha seems to have absorbed the D'ni culture very thoroughly. Since they lived underground in a civilized cavern (by which I mean there were no nearby wilderness areas and few forces of nature around them that were a danger to them), darkness probably did not have the terrifying aspect it has to us who live on the surface.

And speaking of tumbling down the abyss, i can see the Journey Door, and i don't like it at all.

:arianna: :rotflol: :P

#14 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:33 PM

Don't worry about it, Alla :=}

טוב לדעת שאני והאקסית שלי איננו חובבי מיסט היחידים בארץ! :=D
Also, just realized Eder Kemo would be a pretty good analogue to out country.

Wow. So with 3 out of 6, i only found half of them! I think i'm gonna replay ABM just to find the other three now.
I just wish To D'ni worked, though... :={

-

Well, for the first time since leaving the Cleft, i am warm, without having to wrap myself in multiple layers of clothing. Murphy be cursed, though, i end up with long sleeves and long pants anyway, and even a kufiya, to avoid sunburn. If my skin gets all red and starts aching at the slightest touch - travel will become extremely difficult.
Fortunately, i won't have a shortage of clothes anytime soon. The closet on Relto is fully stocked with them. And with grooming equipment. Whoever wrote this place, apparently wanted me to look good while hunting for tapestries and finding out why the D'ni sucked.

So here's the deal. The entire area is a sitting on a geyser; blisters here and there let some of the steam out, and some genius installed sealing mechanisms for these. The more of them are corked - the stronger is the steam's ejection from those that remain open.
Accidentally closed too many of them, at one point, without opening any along the way. For a moment there, thought the whole vale is gonna blow. But no, the leads just fly open, no ecological damage done. A couple of them broke, but were easy enough to fix. Not gonna make that mistake again.

One of the blisters is very hard to reach. Seems simple enough: jumping from the edge of a cliff onto a rock below. The rock is sure wide enough, perfectly flat on top. Just to play it safe, i tied the Relto book, covers inside out, to my left forearm again... seeing as what this rock protrudes from is MOLTED FREAKING LAVA and all.
Really glad i did it, too. See, flat and broad as the rock may be, the gravel is reeeaaallly slippery, when his with the inertia from the jump. It took me two last-moment links, plus three landings on a saddle connecting this rock to the opposite cliff, before i managed to finally drop onto the rock and stop there.
And why would i want that so much in the first place? Ah yes. Maximizing the vapor output at one blister or another is the only way to get anywhere around this place. Block all of the area's steam outlets but one - throw the shield from Tolesa on top of that one, and myself on top of the shield, in the few seconds between eruptions - and fly like a bird!
Well, maybe not like a bird. More like a Teledahn Flapper.

Discovered putting the shield with the inside up, while much less effective, is quite fun. You go up much lower, but it spins you like a top!

-

According to the quote book, this age is called either Eder Kemo or Eder Gira, with the quote proclaiming that if one is robbed of everything {gee, now that sounds familiar}, then one's only hope is in the kindness of another {aka no hope at all}. Providing such kindness redeems both, it says, though i'm pretty it meant "redeems" in two very different ways.
Eder Nothing. This place is New Ein Gedi. I reached a small area of caves and waterfalls. This is just as awesome as Relto, really. If i hadn't lost my tent, sometime between leaving home and errr... regaining my senses - i'd have set camp here.

After giving up on trying to hunt a Teledahn Bigbug {the poisonous qualities of flappers were made clear in some DRC worker's notes somewhere}, i've pretty much accepted that spore injera and the rations i got from Zandi will have to do for now. But perhaps this is about to change. Some sort of small, sweet-water sea-devils inhabit these streams, and pretty large eels dart around in the pond far below {a great fun to jumo into, but the only way back lies through linking to Relto and back again}. So, soon as i take a few with me to Teledahn - we'll see if my diet is about to become so much richer. There are even fishing traps here, so i won't have to make any effort to catch them.

-

Several pleasant discoveries!
* River-devils are edible. Wedging a trap into a narrow place on their path gets them easily.
* The eels from the big waterfall's bottom are edible too and, unlike the former, taste good. Raw spore-dough works great as a bait in the traps for them.
* This place has nights! Starting to see Yeesha's reverence for darkness. I learn to appreciate it, when you don't get any for a fortnight.
* Saw them before, but forgot to mention: a linking book and a bookless panel are here.
I'm moving here. Of course, all roads lay through Relto, but i'll be sleeping and chilling here on Eder Something from now on.

%/5/359
{Gonna assume two days passed between breaking my cellphone and stumbling into an age with actual nights. Also, gonna assume the nights and days here correspond to earth nights and days, lengthwise. Lots of assumptions, but better than no concept of time at all.}

There is a tunnel leading out of the cavern behind the waterfall. It's dark as a D'ni in there. Actually, scratch that: the expression is very inaccurate, as i now realize after actually seeing D'ni. With my hand on the wall, i got through it to a natural catwalk, leading into a cavern with yet moar darkness. Tried to move one of the lightposts; impossible. They are so heavy, it took all my strength to just topple one of them. It's extremely hard to roll them, and utterly impossible to move them where just rolling is not enough.
There are lots of spare parts for these posts, and they are much lighter. I can carry then into the edge of darkness with moderate effort. Only problem is, just sticking the parts one into the other doesn't make them work. I suppose the fuel is missing. Could also explain the huge difference in weight. They must be burning something VERY heavy.

The naked panel leads to yet another isolated spot in D'ni. Appeared in the D'ni book, sure enough.
Interesting: i can see these different, isolated linking destinations from one another; and all of them appear in the D'ni book... Except for one; which appears in... i'll call it the Journey Book, for lack of a better definition. This must mean something, and a few years ago it would be obvious to me. Even two years ago, i would still figure it out quickly enough. Flowers for freaking Algernon. Only i was not born a retard. Not sure which is worse.

-

I'm siiiiiiiiiinging int he rain, just siiiiinging in the... brain?
The linking book on Eder did not lead to D'ni. It led to a community park. With flowers, and trees, and lilly ponds and even benches and statues and everything. One of the statues levitates. Once every few hours, dark clouds gather and it rains, with thunder... but i see no lightning. Found a notebook of one of the DRC agents. Same one who left a note on the rooftop on D'ni, complaining someone took "his book". Could be referring to that. Anyway, it's a translation in progress of some D'ni story. Also on the rooftop, i remember reading the historical account on which this story is based. Umm, does that make this notebook a tertiary source?

Very interesting flora here, including trees that look like tentacled brains. And short, spitting trees. Also - fauna. Some sort of arthropoda that hang from the cliffs and probably feed on the seeds these trees spin and the wind carries. I can't readch the buggers or even get their attention: they ignore me utterly. Threw a rock at one of them; it bounced with a loud thud from the {i'm guessing} chitin, while the arthropod didn't appear to even notice.

Fish in one of the ponds.
Not gonna even try catching it. Pond looks like a closed system, so i don't know the population has much ability to renew itself should a predator {such as I} be introduced. I will, however, try to take a cluster of eggs back to the waterfall age, to see if this species of fish can thrive there. Biodiversity ftw. And if it can - then i'll check their potential as a food source.
Travel between here and there is simplified by a linking book in a cave. So i'm guessing this is the "Other Eder". I ponder which is which, though. The quote sounds like it's referring to the ages themselves, rather than any people {though i can't escape the feeling the first part of it is about me}. But what is taken entirely from one age and is present in another? Both have plenty of water, though the geyser part of the first age may make it look otherwise. The first age isn't as rich in vegetation as this, but it's still as developed as you can expect from an arid locale. Life? Neither is particularly rich, but neither is completely devoid, either.

The brain trees are fertilized by clouds of glowworms, and from their penchant to lingering around me, after i pass through such a cloud, half-expect an observation under a strong magnifying glass would reveal pixies.

Tall lamp-posts, perfectly consistent with the "community park" style of this place, light up automagically when the clouds gather.
Did i mention there's a great big levitating statue? It rotates, too.
The door to Yeesha's fissure-cave. Right here, in plain sight. No neckbreaking jumping required. Oh my.
Also, i see why the quotebook referred to both Eder ages as one: the tapestries in both ages form a single network, apparently counting together towards the same total. Which means there is probably no Door on the waterfall age, and this is the last one. The fourth pillar is here. I just need to find the remaining tapestries.

Most curiously, there is graffiti all over the cliff walls here. Primitive kind of drawings, a bit like cavemen art on Earth. Or like modern art {which is essentially the same, only without any aesthetic merit}. I saw similar style elsewhere, i think. The holding cells under Teledahn, perhaps, though the artist had much fewer tools and no dyes there, for obvious reasons. Does that mean the same culture left these? How did the slaves from Teledahn-Gahreesen-Rebek end up here? Could they be the same natives mentioned in the Shomat story?
Most amazingly, one of the drawings looks like a schematic representation of Gahreesen: mountains or structures above ground, two giant gears underground, and other signs that whoever drew this had Gahreesen in mind. So... one of them was imprisoned there, and somehow got here? Bah, can't figure it out.

-

Remembered another place where i've seen this style: a slab of stone, on one of the D'ni balconies. Went through all of them, until i found the right one. I think the drawings on the slab are referencing the park age. Could that be the Garden Age of Shomat? Yeesha's pillars are very clearly drawn on this slab. I have no doubt that;s them. So then... perhaps the natives responsible for all these drawings, the slaves of the D'ni that Yeesha was apparently referring to as Baro, are the same creatures mentioned in the Shomat story?
Ack, head hurts, stopping now. Back to camp for rest and tactile exploration of the tunnel.

Yeah, there's a reference here only Strangered will understand. :=}

#15 User is offline   Thestrangered 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:58 AM

מגניב! מצאתי כמה מישראל אבל אין הרבה. אתה יודע, הלוואי שהיה פורום של מיסט בעברית, לא מצאתי אחד בשום מקום

וכן, אדאר גירה באמת דומה לעין גדי, חוץ מהלבה :rotflol:

ובצורה כולשהי, אנחנו באמת כמו הבארו, אנחנו תמיד חוזרים לאדאר קימו ישראל
למרות שלגור באדאר קימו גם יכול להיות כיפי :arianna:

#16 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:37 AM

We better stop with the hebrew. I'm afraid we're allienating all the westerners. ;=P
I'll have more thoughts on your awesome analogy, after i finish the expansions. :=D

^/5/359
Tactile exploration of the tunnel my arse.
Ok, no. That came out really, REALLY wrong. But yeah, although i found a door i cannot open, that's all i can find without actually seeing. The walls are covered in some sort of moss and its texture is indistinguishable from that of the cloth of which the tapestries are made. I don't wanna search for a needle in a haystack, where every strand of hay pretends to be a needle. So it's back to looking for ways to pour some light into these dark corners.

-

Since Relto's supply of rocks and logs replenishes itself whenever the page they are drawn on is removed from the book and returned to it, i have an eternal supply of firewood. But hours of persistence have shown two things:
1 - taking a burning log under the waterfall is impossible, since any attempt to shield if from the water that doesn't simply fail, inevitably snuffs the flame.
2 - fire just won't start inside the cavern. No clue why. Even my gas burner doesn't ignite there, though it works fine outside of it.

Hey! Writing the words "gas burner" gave me an idea. Not of a solution, in itself, but of a possible explanation: What if the byproduct, of burning whatever super-heavy fuel these light-posts are using, saturates the air trapped in the cave behind the falls, making it no longer support a normal burning reaction?
Where oh where are the chemistry students i used to date? Either of them would easily tell me whether that is even possible, and if so - what can be done with it. The smoke rising from the posts' "chimneys" is odorless, even when i all-out stick my nose in it, so no hints there.
Ah, but since i don't have a beautiful little cutie by my side, i'll have to go with my guess, for lack of a better option. I'm turning those things off and leaving for a day or so. Maybe that time will suffice for the cave to be naturally ventilated enough for fire to be possible again.

You may have noticed a long pause in posts here. I made a huge post, which was lost when my browser decided to randomly navigate away just as i was gonna hit Add Reply. When crap like that happens, it's always harder to continue, as doubts creep in. The most rational of them, in this case, is that my memory of the ending grows fainter and fainter, and without clear memory of the emotional impact - i won't be able to write it interestingly. But i'm resuming now, hoping it'll work out.

#17 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:22 AM

*/5/359
Ahh, camp sweet camp. Here's what i've done on my little "vacation", beside reading books on the DRC roof in D'ni and scratching my head at the Eder graffiti:

* Clearly, i did not have access to sufficient watchpoints in D'ni. Another bookless panel; found it behind a park bench on Eder, while studying the graffiti. Back on Relto, it appeared in the Journey book, not the D'ni book. Not a clue why, naturally.

* Having honestly nothing better to do, i finally managed to reach the ledge, that always seemed so inviting but so unyielding to attempts at climbing it. It took long, but it was worth it: a reward was waiting for me. Another page for the Relto book. Now my hut looks like an archaeologist's wet dream. It even rivals the Cleft, in that sense.

* After these fine discoveries, i decided to use this time i need to waste, on a less pragmatic ferreting of all the other ages. Wasn't disappointed: now that the vault on Tolesa stinks so much less, i was able to find a few interesting things there.

* Also, while exploring the woods, i was reminded {well, reminded by seeing it again} there was a whole area i have not explored: It is on the shore, and separated from the path by a crack that reaches the fused, wallike trees. Back when i first passed here, i decided to explore in the easier direction first and, seeing where it led {the giant game-board}, i obviously forgot everything about the area i left unsniffed.
So now i jumped over the crack to check it out. It's just a small stretch of "beach" - in the Relto/Tolesa sense of the word - with no way to get deeper into the woods from there, but i did find something: another page of Relto! This is the fourth {in total; second in the same day!}. I sure ponder how they got spread all over the ages like this. And since each of them i found was in hard-to-reach spot, i'm led to suspect there were many more before these DRC people, who seem to have been all over these ages, have collected all they could find. There were some lines in various DRC secondaries i found, that could be referring to them.
Anyway, the page clearly shows a pine tree. Relto already has pine trees. It doesn't look like anything changed on Relto, with the page's addition, but since i'm not gonna start counting the trees - there's nothing to say it didn't just add a few.

* Going by the above conclusion, tried purposefully seeking out and reaching difficult places on right here and in Teledahn, in hopes of finding more Relto pages like in Gahreesen, Eder and Tolesa. No result. Maybe, when i can see something in the darkness of the caves, i'll find one in there.

* Checked the crates in the slave-trading house on Teledahn. I expected more books, howled by the DRC to be translated, but that's not all i found there. A few of them, for example, contained clothes. Totally new ones - tags and everything intact. Didn't look like anyone was in a hurry to reclaim them, judging by the layer of dust on the crates being year-long at least, so i picked a few i really liked and Dulcied them to Relto.

* Had the carelessness to allow myself to think of life back home. Bawwed like an infant, obviously. Linked back here {via Relto} as soon soon as i managed to get a grip, of course. I don't think i'll be going back, even if i'll have a way.

-

Fire still won't start in the cave. Maybe it wasn't the smoke from the light-posts; maybe it was something from the moss, or something i can't even think of at all. Fire won't start in the small cave above either and the catwalk is too narrow and slanted to position even a single log on it, so my thought of starting a fire on the catwalk flops as well. I tried a few times, and everything just drops into the water, no matter what i do.

It's late, i'm tired and irritated, i'll think of something in the morning. Or not.

"Dulcying" is an allusion to Shirly Rousseau Murphy's series of books about sentient feline detectives. Dulcy is a cat who inexplicably enjoyed stealing nice clothes from people, when she was a kitten, and still has such urges in adulthood. It's generally seen as a semiconscious desire to be human.

#18 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:32 AM

Is anyone still reading this at all? I can has moar comments? ^_^

(/5/359
Tried to light the darkness with the flash from my camera only to discover the battery is over. I hoped my safety measure of not using it for any reason that doesn't aid my re/quest would make it last longer, but then - i don't know how many pictures i've taken and deleted, or just for how much time i've left it on, during the period of time that i fail to remember. Went to Relto for the spare batteries, but those were fully expanded too. Wahrk.
Of course, i have a battery recharger with me, but freudian interpretations notwithstanding - nowhere to stick it.

-

Tried to take apart a working light-post. Figured i'd remove enough of the fuel to make it light enough for carrying. Couldn't even pull the chimney out of either of them. Finally just knifed one open. Thought i could take a bit of the fuel and use it to make an empty one work, then carry that into the dark. Foiled again: the "fuel", if that's what it is at all, is a solid, greenish-gray cylinder, too hot to touch directly and completely smooth from every side exceot the top, whence it smokes. Still odorless, by the way. From the sides or bottom - i can't even nick it with my knife. From the top - managed to cause a couple of tiny pieces to break away. They stop smoking mere seconds after they detach.

Gonna link to Tolesa and get the morningstar i earlier discarded. It's purely decorative: has no balance and will obviously shatter after a few good hits... but a few hits may be all i need. Maybe i'll get a larger chunk off, or at least more of these tiny ones.

-

Yup, it broke. Counted eleven hits before it did. Nothing. And the tips of the steel {?} spikes are melted away from the head and impact; so i won't even try the sword. Ponder what the next person who gets to this place will think, when they find pieces of a morningstar here. Threw them in the pile with the spare traps and light-post parts.
I'm out of ideas.

-

The sun is past its zenith and i'm still drawing blanks. Thoughts are too close to the surface.

-

It's night back at camp.
Can't sleep.
Linked to The Other Eder for the light, to write.
Mustn't write of what occupies my thought now, though, lest i think of that whenever i look back through the diary...
So now i'm writing about not writing about what occupies them, instead.
At least i have the micro-pixies for comfort. Can imagine they're sentient beings that can hear me.

-

Her message was intended for many, Zandi said there were many, but i never met anyone. Is THIS the best help you could find, Yeesha?! What's left of ME?!?!?!?!?!?

[/5/359
Good news: i did, eventually, manage to fall asleep yesterday. Bad news: Now i'm awake.

Noticed something interesting, while passing through the tunnel on my way to the cave with the linking book: It seems the pixies are luminescent. The walls are lit in faint lights, mostly green, from the small swarm of them that lingered around me. If i can gather them into some sort of a container, i could take them with me back to camp and release them in the dark.
That is, assuming whatever undetectable emanations kill any flame in there, won't kill them as well.

After some thought, i think a fish-trap will do the trick, if i apply a few extra layers of netting to it, from the spare traps.

-

That's odd. I linked to grab a trap and go back, but it seems i won't need to: they remained around me! THE AMAZING LNIKING PIXIES! Linking pixies? Linxies? Lynxes would be a great addition to this age.
Now, if only the pixies can survive whatever the fire can't - this frustrating dead end should remain well behind me. That is, if the tapestry really IS there. It would be amusing - and perfectly typical - to succeed after all this time only to find it's not there at all.

-

Genius. They scattered in every direction, the moment i stepped into the water. Going back to the other Eder to lure some more. Hope the way they linked with me was not an atypical behavior.

-

Well, i got a bunch of them to follow me, then had the carelessness to walk too fast, in my excitement, spooking them away. Managed to lure some more, only to lose them seconds later, when the rain started and they fled to crawl under the brain-trees' roots. Now i finally gathered a good following, linked with the pixies in tow, stepped carefully across the streams, with the shield to ward off the waterfall's spray {some of them still fled away because of that, but most stayed} and YES! I am finally inside the cave, with the pixies darting all lively around me, casting ghostly, colorful lights on the walls!

#19 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:33 AM

It is here, in the upper cave. For once, luck is on my side.
Beside the usual stuff this place is full off {and some rope, which would fill me with endless mirth if i had found it BEFORE taking that plummet into the fores on Gahreesen}, there is a sturdy safari hat here. Very useful for hanging out in the sun. Wish i had when i first linked to this age.
But petty nonsense aside, it's off to the Journey Door in T.O.E. i go!

Soon as i get a few stuff from camp back to Relto, that is.

-

Her age of her voice seems to fluctuate. I think the recordings had to be made at significant time intervals.
All four pillars are on Relto now. Now what?

Her last speech could be seen as an instruction to return them. And she did mention, when i first visited that fissure-chamber, that Relto will only host the pillars for a short time. Can't think of anything else, so guess i'll try that. Bit of a pity though, after all that effort of getting them here.

-

Whaaaaaaaaaa? This doesn't look like the Star Fissure anymore! It looks like... like a sea of blood, with spires of rock rising here and there from it. I think i've seen this from some of the high perches on D'ni, only now it's hundreds of meters below me, if not kilometers!
The Relto panel is still foggy. How am i getting out here now? I know from past experience that the shortness of distance between ledges in this place is illusory...

-

Now that was a rush. Of the kind i don't think i ever want another one.
Having no other way out, i finally strapped the Relto book to my forearm and jumped, but the panel wasn't clearing. I kept tapping it rapidly, just in case. When it felt like i'm about to crush, i closed my eyes reflexively... and when i opened them - i was on Relto. I may have fainted briefly, at some point. Don't remember feeling anything like a linking sensation.

The putting in and taking out has been upsetting the ground here, clearly. The fissure-shaped cracks are now quite deep. So... the Fissure has left Yeesha's debriefing room... and is about to settle here on Relto? I should be getting used to confusion by now.

-

What the D'ni sought and found, before giving up for the same thing they wanted to leave behind in the first place, what you sought and found as well - that is not "leastness", Yeesha. I don't think you'd like Leastness very much if you knew it. I don't think you would like it at all. I don't think you'd be able to do any of this, for these downtrodden people you speak of, if you did.

Another pillar returned. If i'm on the right course - does that mean i'll have to repeat the monster-jump on Gahreesen?

-

I think i got significantly closer to the bottom this time, before blacking out. Trying to calm down from adrenal withdrawal. The ground was still shaking slightly when i opened my eyes, or maybe the sensation of it shaking is what shook me awake. The cracks deepen still. They're slightly wider now, in places, so grains of soil actually have somewhere to fall into

I feel tired. Don't think enough time has passed for me to feel that tired, but maybe plummeting to my death, from a height that makes Gahreesen look like an amusement park, TWICE in the same day, is a valid explanation.
Think i'll sleep here on Relto this time. Don't wanna do any more linking today, even if it's just back to camp. Besides, the pixies that followed me from Eder make this place quite serene.
I ponder what they're eating here. Hope bringing them here was not a death sentence for them. Maybe i should have linked to their native Eder and moshed them off there. They're beautiful, but i'd hate to be responsible for their death, even if i know they're still most likely just bugs.

#20 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:32 PM

View PostSwampthing, on Jun 15 2009, 09:32 AM, said:

THE AMAZING LNIKING PIXIES!

:arianna: :rotflol: :D

View PostSwampthing, on Jun 15 2009, 10:33 AM, said:

I ponder what they're eating here. Hope bringing them here was not a death sentence for them. Maybe i should have linked to their native Eder and moshed them off there. They're beautiful, but i'd hate to be responsible for their death, even if i know they're still most likely just bugs.

Now I feel bad for trying to pull tons of loads of fireflies into Relto. :P (okay, not really, but still :cheesy: )

#21 User is offline   KatrAnna 

• C'ki Bahro
  • KI number:14189098

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:45 PM

Linking pixies FTW!

That puzzle threw my mom and I for a total loop when we played. She had to restart hers, cuz she had kicked the basket way into the dark tunnel, lol.

#22 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:44 AM

GLOA:
This is what happens when you throw emotionally unstable people into Uru! :=D
Actually, about the fireflies - i didn't do it on purpose. Iirc, my game just froze while i was still "wearing" them, so when i retarted the game, i positioned me {in my exact condition, which means including fireflies, apparently} on Relto. They've been darting around the place since. ^_^

Katranna:
Ohh, yes. I never had much of a problem with the Musical Chair or the Dream colors in Revelation, and those are the two puzzles people complain the most about. But the fireflies - UGH! >_< Used hints, and even then it was extremely hard and annoying to accomplish.
My IC-self almost went crazy before it occurred to him, as he had no way to get hints, but at least he had real, human anatomy and motor ability, so he didn't have to do all this nonsense with the traps!

]/5/359

Another pole is back in its place. Relto rumble continuously now. It's weaker than the singular shake it gave for the last pillar, but now it's a perpetual, steady thing. Waking up to it was only marginally better than the dive immediately preceding.

Only Gahreesen remains. There's rope in camp this time, and i'm gonna use it, but there isn't nearly enough if it and it looks so thin... i hope it can support a man's weight at all, because reinforcing it would leave so little length that it won't make any difference at all.

-

In my reluctance to do what i know is gonna hurt so much, i've wondered through the fortress for some time. But it seems even reluctance leads to discoveries ever since the horror of being helpless before a mere few meters of darkness has been lifted: I looked more thoroughly through the document explaining the work of these communication devices. Last time i only skimmed, having more important things to do {i have them now as well, but i'm taking some time to brace myself. That's my excuse and i'm sticking with it}, but now that i actually read it, i've found a few schematics and explanations from the guy DRC assigned to mess with these gadgets. He rigged a simple version to act as a more advanced {or, rather, higher-classified} version using some good ol' earth electronics.
Not gonna mess with this now, but the crates on Teledahn may hold the parts i need. Gonna reward my own bravery, after i get to that Journey Door, by taking the time to search all the ones i haven't yet. As for tools - my swiss should suffice.

-

Made it. The rope helped, but it would have helped MUCH more if i had twice and a half more of it. Oh well, it held; that's a pleasant surprise in itself.

Spend a few good hours enjoying the forest before actually jumping further down to the door's walkway.

Is the collecting and returning of these pillars serving some metaphysical purpose of actually reviving or liberating these "Least", these Baro she speaks of? Or is it only supposed to teach me some deeply metaphorical lesson in the traditions of her new faith? It's hard to tell, from her recorded speaches.

But some things are easy to tell. One sentence she said... it's not even about its content at all, it;s just... i can hear it so clearly in my mind, in her old voice, the one i knew from my dreams. The wording was so typical to the Yeesha i knew so well without even knowing she exists somewhere outside of my subconscious mind. If on any level, i retained any doubts of them being the same person before - now they are surely shattered. I don't know if my actions in those dreams were real, and then if they were truly mine. I don't know how many years passed between these dreams' events and her making the recordings that guide me now, or if she lives still, not to mention her father {losing whom as an integral part of discovering he was real would be quite a trial; one i hope never to face} or mother... but i know one thing. And somehow - even in all this confusion, uncertainty and inexplicability laden with assumptions and guesses - this one thing may yet provide me more meaning than any of the things i've known for the last several months.

-

The Fissure is open. My pixies circle the island, dive in and rise out of it just as they do with the clouds Relto has on place of an oceah. The ground is calm, making me ponder how long i was out before waking up naturally. I still feel groggy, but nothing like the exhaustion i felt yesterday.

-

Returning to Teledahn was a waste of time. None of the things i need for rigging the "3" gadget and nothing of any interest of use to me at all. Even checked the lucky bastard's office, but a detailed examination only yielded a Relto page. He must have found it and desided to stash it. Judging by his journal, he liked to do that, from time to time. Now i have a roof that looks like the one in the slave-trading house. Oh joy. Took it out and left it on the closet under some pants.

-

No new voice messages in the Debriefing Chamber.
Back in camp now. Was already night when i linked in.

\/5/359
It seems quite clear now, that i am meant to jump into the Fissure on Relto. It gapes there, as full of boding and possibility as it is empty of... anything. Nothing Yeesha ever recorded seems to contain even the slightest hint of what i am to do after the Journey is complete. This seems the only route left, plus she must have known {and, likelier than not, counted on} the Fissure opening after all this pillar-juggling.

But if the Star Fissure is anything like what it was in the one dream where i saw it up close and fell into it...
I m not looking forward to these sensations at all, but if i simply hang around aimlessly - i know it'll only be getting worse and worse. I need only turn a couple pages in my diary, to remember what a single day without a purpose i can work towards can do to me, once i am no longer distracted by the novelty around me.
I will pack the gear i'm most likely to need when it spits me out on a random Age - and dive in. Wose come to worst - i'll still have the Relto book. But... the unknown destination is only half the reason i'm so leery of this.

-

I'm in the Cleft.
Wasn't expecting that one.

-

Zandi is nowhere to be found.
Poking around the trailer in his absence has answered some questions. This is New Mexico, USA. A fornight ago, i'd have had all sorts of things to say about that, but right now...

-

Came down into the crack. I knew i've seen the runes on the debriefing room's floor somewhere! They are among the signs on the holographic projector's dashboard. But a different combination from the one at the wall. Fortunately, i've spent enough time in that place, very recently {while hoping for a sign or new voice message or something} to have them clearly in my memory. Scribbled them on the wall with a pencil, right under Yeesha's own scribble. Will try them in the projector.

It's so confusing, being here. Oh well, here comes nothing.

Thanks to my game throwing itself quite a distance back, i was finally able to catch up to it with this journal. Now i can write things as they happen, albeit a second time.

#23 User is offline   Thestrangered 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:37 AM

I never had problems with Serenia. I liked how the age was strange, but also had a scientific explanation. Many people seem to hate Myst IV though I think it was a great game.

I also never had problems with the fireflies. It was an easy puzzle for me. Though picking up the basket would be much easier. What do you think could make the whole puzzle better?

#24 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:06 PM

Revelation is probably still my favorite. As you may notice from this thread, lol.

Maybe if the traps behaved more reasonably, when jammed into the narrows. It would also help if the fireflies luminescence were more obvious. But yeah, my IC self has normal, human feet; so he just stepped over those places, instead of having to either jump, walk right in or build a bridge.

This journal cannot be continued until a bug in my game is fixed. :={ I don't remember the two final scenes {Yeesha in the flesh and the Bahro} well enough, and can't get them to play out. This also means i can't actually finish ABM. :=/

[EDIT:]
This post was all wrong because of the bug and because i didn't remember the ending sequences correctly. See newer post instead.

#25 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:58 PM

View PostSwampthing, on Jun 16 2009, 11:06 AM, said:

Did she actually go and write that rain into the Book of Earth?

Heh, now that would have been extreme.

This journal cannot be continued until a bug in my game is fixed. :={ I don't remember the two final scenes {Yeesha in the flesh and the Bahro} well enough, and can't get them to play out. This also means i can't actually finish ABM. :=/

You just have to
Put the symbols into the imager in the same way order as the bahro caves (in the order you returned the bahro poles?)
right? Or are you stuck in an earlier part?

And now you have rain - that means you've scared off all those nice fireflies, haven't you?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users