MYSTcommunity: My meownderings through Ages Beyind Myst - MYSTcommunity

• 3 Pages +

My meownderings through Ages Beyind Myst Meownderings are kinda like wonderings, but more meandering-like.

#26 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:03330098

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:07 PM

Click to reveal hidden content
Not an earlier, but a slightly later point. This thread explains everything: http://www.mystcommu...showtopic=33812

#27 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:51 AM

Yeah, the fireflies are gone. :={
Well, seems i'll have to continue without the Tomahna book. Thanks for the video, GLOA!

NOTE TO ANYONE WHO READS THIS: My last IC post was discarded, since it was all wrong. Check the 1st page to see where this post continues from. :=}

Apparently, she prepared a recording for in case someone succeeds.
She says Relto was originally a gift to her parents and now, she says, it is mine. So Atrus and Katran are gone, then. A bitter gift, that.

And she takes it as perfectly granted, that i will side with her, even as her explanation of what has been going on here and what the purpose of my actions was simply boils down to "There is no need for you to understand any of this"?! I was never so dismissive and condescending when i was the older one!

Oh well, i must remember: the message was not a personal addressing to me. Even if all i dreamed was real - she could not know who would emerge successful in fulfilling her request.
The amazing thing is that a linking book, that her hologram held forth, actually worked when i touched its panel. Just like she made that tapestry appear on the wall through her hologram, all that time ago, only this is much harder to imagine an explanation for!

It took me... back here, to the same spo--------------------
[it stops in mid-word with a long pen-stroke, as if the writing hand twitched, startled]

#28 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:01 AM

She was here! And she... she just walked through that door as i was writing! Herself, not a hologram! She spoke and danced and i... I was too dumbfounded to speak or move beyond an awkward stumble sidewards.
But it was no mistaking it - she was real, not just a more solid-looking recording: her eyes followed me when i stumbled, instead of staring past me like the recording would. And her words... she knew!

When i regained my senses, she has already stepped outside, into the rain she brought down with a raising of her hands. Did she actually go and write that rain into the Book of Earth? I ran after her, but she was already gone. Not in the cave under the tree, not in any of the rooms - she must have linked away.

Of course i will side with you and those you chose, Yeesha. In the Art, as in reasoning, as in life - you always saw clearly through the perceived obstacles others accept as solid. Even through the ones i would accept... even through my own. Your greatness in the Art boggles the mind, but does not surprising at all: It is a natural development, from the greatness you've already had then. You nurtured your potential well. You are right. I do not have to understand. You have always known best. A new belief system to channel your own and a few horrid fashion choices cannot have changed that. When sides are taken, i shall have no more doubt, just as i no longer have any now. For Atrus' legacy, but more so - for what has been there, since...
Since when?
How do you time something like this?

-

I am still thinking of all she has said - both through the machine, when addressing anyone who may have answered the call and come through with her task, and in person, when she saw who did. During the former, i saw her doing something with the Imager {yes, what i called "sink" when i just came here is an Imager, just like in the dreams}, i wanted to try activating it. Now, after absorbing all of this, i did. It's still broken, but shows a page. Like her linking book, the page worked too: it... wrote itself into my Relto book. Seamlessly.
The green ink glows, and passing my hand over it causes it to cease or resume glowing, which appears to control its activity. It now rains on Relto, just as it has been raining in the Cleft since she... Did my journey somehow make this rain and earth-linking possible?

She also mentioned i can "go wherever i please". And though i thought little of this statement at first, examining the linking books has shown she meant a very specific "wherever" in mind: the fog panel in the Journey Book is active. And a brand new book rests beside the quotebook. Her handwriting, speaking in metaphors against the DRC, mentioning the Called again and directing attention towards the new path she has opened. Clearly, the Ending is far from written indeed.
There is also an empty book... with my own heraldry on the front cover. Well, it's the back cover, when you're writing in English, but it would otherwise be the front, normally. Ok, ok, so almost every non-semitic language - including D'ni - would make that the back cover. Point is this is a sign: Yeesha knows whom exactly she gave Relto and takes that into account when she adds to it.

And add to it she does, in more than one way: a tiny isle, just a few steps across, juts up from the clouds, a good distance from Relto's own shore. A path spirals down from it, making it resemble a similar rock on Gahreesen. Only, unlike the latter, there is no way for me to reach this rock with a jump. Does Yeesha continue to write Relto, even as i tread its mud?

I harbor no nostalgia for Earth, but i do wish to see Zandi before i link through the Journey book. Besides, i want to test the Cleft book, now that it solidly stands on my shelf. So - first thing tomorrow.

{/5/359

So, that's what a Bahro is...

[THE END]

Yes, i don't know how my IC self suddenly learns the correct spelling of Bahro either. The H was silent in all of Yeesha's speeches, and he has {accordingly} always spelled it wrong until now. But i thought spelling it wrong in that last sentence would kinda ruin it.

#29 User is offline   Allatwan 

• Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

LOL! Maybe she just looked it up on wikipedia! :arianna:
Too funny! I love the style and the way you write... it makes your character sound real, especially in the journal entries.

#30 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:39 PM

LULZ! The IC-me did not bring a laptop along, but if he did - i ponder: would wireless connection work on Relto? I mean, it has virtually ANYTHING else one could ask for!
{Speaking of Relto - i can't find my tree. If the Tree page actually made one of the trees grow, it does so too slowly for me to have noticed, although i got the page many days ago.}

Ugh, actually, ALL of the IC text here is supposed to be journal entries. :=}

Anyway, this one's over. Comments and questions are still more than welcome here!
I'll be starting a new thread for To D'ni soon. :=D

#31 User is offline   KatrAnna 

• C'ki Bahro
  • KI number:14189098

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:24 PM

I've enjoyed reading your IC take on Uru. Reminds me of when I played it. Actually, I played it before Revelation, so I had no idea who she was, but I wonder how I would have reacted had I played them the right way. Congrats on finishing, and thanks for sharing!

#32 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:24 AM

Thanks! :=}
Hmm, meeting Late Yeesha first, and only then Early Yeesha would be an interesting experience. Did you play EoA? {I haven't} And if so, before or after Uru?

#33 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:43 AM

Yeah, that's my case, and I wondered why young Yeesha was blond, sweet and innocent, compared to her kind of distant, weird Uru self... as for end of ages, I've only seen videos, but why is she a brunette? Seriously, she went through every hair colour! What about brown? She should have tried that too, at one point! :arianna:

#34 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:47 AM

View PostSwampthing, on Jun 25 2009, 02:39 PM, said:

LULZ! The IC-me did not bring a laptop along, but if he did - i ponder: would wireless connection work on Relto? I mean, it has virtually ANYTHING else one could ask for!
{Speaking of Relto - i can't find my tree. If the Tree page actually made one of the trees grow, it does so too slowly for me to have noticed, although i got the page many days ago.}

Ugh, actually, ALL of the IC text here is supposed to be journal entries. :=}

Anyway, this one's over. Comments and questions are still more than welcome here!
I'll be starting a new thread for To D'ni soon. :=D

Well, IC-U could maybe have only needed wireless connection in the Cleft (Zandi needs it to order pizza?).

As for the tree, it does grow very slowly. I think it takes 15 days or so before advancing to the next growth state (it starts out as a tiny baby tree, then about the same size as the other trees, and then it starts getting really big).

View PostSwampthing, on Jun 26 2009, 02:24 AM, said:

Thanks! :=}
Hmm, meeting Late Yeesha first, and only then Early Yeesha would be an interesting experience. Did you play EoA? {I haven't} And if so, before or after Uru?

Meeting Late Yeesha first does kind of change your view on things. I played Uru, then EoA, then Rev, so I was really paranoid in Rev that Yeesha was going to do some wacky strange thing. Then again, it made the intro gondola sequence rather cool, because I had already met the person (met the person as more than a little baby, I mean) before.

View PostAllatwan, on Jun 26 2009, 03:43 AM, said:

Yeah, that's my case, and I wondered why young Yeesha was blond, sweet and innocent, compared to her kind of distant, weird Uru self... as for end of ages, I've only seen videos, but why is she a brunette? Seriously, she went through every hair colour! What about brown? She should have tried that too, at one point! :arianna:

She kind of has brown hair in Rev, as far as I remember. Then in Uru she gets reddish hair :cheesy: (from where? and why?), and then settles for black hair in EoA :rotflol: (out of absolutely nowhere). I'd not be that surprised if she came back in some form (books, movies, games, whatever) with electric blue hair or something.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
Make up your mind, Yeesha!

#35 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:11 PM

OMG, she is SOOOO ugly up close in End of Ages!!! :arianna: EWW! She TOTALLY needs a makeover! OK, all MC girls, we need a "get-together"! OK, what I would do with Yeesha:
-Give her a completely different hair cut- any suggestions? Bangs would look gr8 on her (since the actress on Rev' really looks like my kid sister, though with darker hairl, and bangs looked great on her).
-Get a different colour- either pale blond or red, those are bright and would look good on her, in my opinion (in a young, kind of crazy way).
-Get rid of her tatoos or scarifications (if those are scarifications, it's going to be hard- and painfull. A peeling and operation needed!)
-Give her a bit of makeup- natural, but still pretty: natural mineral foundation, light grey-blue eye shadow to outline her eyes, maybe even steel-grey eyeliner pencil for the lower lids, and nude lip gloss.
-TOTALLY re-make her wardrobe: get skirts, Yeesha, and a more "feminine" look: bright colours, shorter stuff, and JEWELLERY! A must-have!
Now with all THAT, she'd look... different! But in a nice way! :rotflol:

#36 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:14 PM

View PostAllatwan, on Jun 26 2009, 12:11 PM, said:

OMG, she is SOOOO ugly up close in End of Ages!!! :rotflol: EWW! She TOTALLY needs a makeover! OK, all MYSTcommunity girls, we need a "get-together"! OK, what I would do with Yeesha:
-Give her a completely different hair cut- any suggestions? Bangs would look great on her (since the actress on Rev' really looks like my kid sister, though with darker hair, and bangs looked great on her).
-Get a different color- either pale blond or red, those are bright and would look good on her, in my opinion (in a young, kind of crazy way).
-Get rid of her tatoos or scarifications (if those are scarifications, it's going to be hard- and painfull. A peeling and operation needed!)
-Give her a bit of makeup- natural, but still pretty: natural mineral foundation, light grey-blue eye shadow to outline her eyes, maybe even steel-grey eyeliner pencil for the lower lids, and nude lip gloss.
-TOTALLY re-make her wardrobe: get skirts, Yeesha, and a more "feminine" look: bright colours, shorter stuff, and JEWELLERY! A must-have!
Now with all THAT, she'd look... different! But in a nice way! :cheesy:

Oh, we really need a thread on this. For all the characters. Something like "Fashion Makeovers for Myst Characters" or something. :arianna:

#37 User is offline   Thestrangered 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:44 AM

I didn't like wacko old yeesha too, but when you think of it, it's cool, the tattoo and all. It just shows she isn't that little girl anymore. Playing uru with normal yeesha would be too strange ("the bahros need to be released! and did you see the cool lights on the walls here? cool!" :rotflol: ) .Beside, every son of atrus was crazy in one way or another, she's not different :cheesy: (don't tell me "she's not a son" :arianna: ).

#38 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:21 AM

Since the journal is over, i can talk OOC without spoiler tags. :=D

Playing uru with normal yeesha would be too strange ("the bahros need to be released! and did you see the cool lights on the walls here? cool!" mellow.gif)
This would be EPIC WIN. It's be like "Uru: the Depew edition"!

*sees the EoA screenshot*
AAAAAAAAH MAKE IT GO AWAY! I cant unsee wut i just sawded. :={ Teh goggles - they do nothing!!! >_<

...ah, all better now.

#39 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:12 PM

What about my makeover? What do you think about it, lol?

#40 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:41 PM

YES. Uru Yeesha is acceptable, but EoA Yeesha needs a makeover right the wahrk NOW.

#41 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:55 PM

LOOL! But Uru Yeesha is always better than End of Ages' Yeesha! :arianna:

#42 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:28 PM

View PostThestrangered, on Jun 27 2009, 12:44 AM, said:

I didn't like wacko old yeesha too, but when you think of it, it's cool, the tattoo and all. It just shows she isn't that little girl anymore. Playing uru with normal yeesha would be too strange ("the bahros need to be released! and did you see the cool lights on the walls here? cool!" :P ) .Beside, every son of atrus was crazy in one way or another, she's not different :cheesy: (don't tell me "she's not a son" :arianna: ).

Still, she could have been older and odder without being crazy-and-lacking-in-basic-fashion-sense.

View PostSwampthing, on Jun 27 2009, 07:21 AM, said:

*sees the EoA screenshot*
AAAAAAAAH MAKE IT GO AWAY! I cant unsee wut i just sawded. :={ Teh goggles - they do nothing!!! >_<

:rotflol: :blurp:

View PostSwampthing, on Jun 27 2009, 11:41 AM, said:

YES. Uru Yeesha is acceptable...

In comparison to EoA Yeesha, perhaps.

#43 User is offline   Thestrangered 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:07 PM

What? yeesha in myst v looks a whole lot more natural than this funcky uru yeesha. All she need is a slightly different hair, a d'ni shirt (well, she IS d'ni) and that's it.

Swampthing, what was *that* thing? catherine 2? :arianna:

Really, am I the only one who likes troubled yeesha? she was alone at d'ni for like 200 years, she caused the death of her only friend, enslaved the bahros and you want *another* catherine? :rotflol:

#44 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:25 PM

View PostThestrangered, on Jun 27 2009, 03:07 PM, said:

Really, am I the only one who likes troubled yeesha? she was alone at d'ni for like 200 years, she caused the death of her only friend, enslaved the bahros and you want *another* catherine? :arianna:

I didn't like Catherine that much, either (especially post-Riven). Still, there are many other ways that she could be crazy, troubled, weird, etc., without being what she is in Uru or EoA.

(and you know for sure that the shirt she's wearing isn't D'ni?)

#45 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:39 PM

That thing is Voice's concept of how Yeesha should have ended up looking in EoA. Another option i suggest is to just age Black Yeesha by 20 years and be done with it, instead of using animations. :=D

And now, since i finished To D'ni {and find myself somewhat disappointed}, but the resulting journal is even lousier than the one this thread started from - i'm not gonna post it in a new thread. However, since it'd be a shame to let it go to waste, and because i'm a squeebrained pawn in the hands of inertia and habit, i'm gonna post it anyway, only i'll do so here.

#46 User is offline   Thestrangered 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:09 AM

(and you know for sure that the shirt she's wearing isn't D'ni?)

I hope it's not. It looks like something she made for herself, being "the grower".

I didn't like Catherine that much, either (especially post-Riven). Still, there are many other ways that she could be crazy, troubled, weird, etc., without being what she is in Uru or EoA.

She could be a bit more clear, or atleast leave us clues that make her stuff more clear, but her concept was great.

You know, maybe we need "the book of yeesha"? or maybe we don't? maybe it will ruin all her mystery? maybe it won't?

#47 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:27 AM

DISREGARD THAT, I LICK YTRAMS

{Decided this expansion is virtually pointless and this journal is completely so. Accidentally deleted the rest of the journal and not gonna rewrite it}

You're reight, the idea of having a Book of Yeesha has great potential for both win and fail. It would all depend on how it would be written and which direction it would take.

#48 User is offline   Thestrangered 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:23 PM

How about a book:

"Beyond Myst: The book of Elies", which will tell the story of the discovery of D'ni (with elies zandi it's main character), in a very interesting way (I always wanted to know more about fighting branch and all).

#49 User is offline   Thestrangered 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:56 AM

Hey, swampthing, what do you think about a Hebrew Myst forums?

#50 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:16 AM

I don't know if we'll have enough people for it to work. We could hit Tapuz and see if any significant number of people knows what Myst is, i guess, and start a forum if enough are interested.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users