MYSTcommunity: My meownderings through Ages Beyind Myst - MYSTcommunity

• 3 Pages +

My meownderings through Ages Beyind Myst Meownderings are kinda like wonderings, but more meandering-like.

#51 User is offline   Thestrangered 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:14 AM

I know there's aurora, 1gnition rabbit and some others. How about a facebook group?

#52 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:03330098

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:59 AM

Don't think i ever encountered any of these. A group could work. I'm Daniel Streeca on Failbook.

#53 User is offline   Thestrangered 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:45 AM

hehe, I don't use facebook. You open a group. You want an Israel Myst community or what? :arianna:

#54 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:15 AM

Lol, i'm too lazy and unmotivated to manage a group, sorry!

#55 User is offline   Thestrangered 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:51 AM

Okay... well, they say in http://www.phpbb.co.il/ that's it's free to open a forum with it. I don't know how to make sites and all, but do you know? maybe we could try, and spread the word, and see what comes up.

#56 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:05 PM

I suck at all things computer/internet related. :={ But i think starting a forum without first knowing there are people who'll wanna be active on it is a waste. I used to be part of a certain community that kept trying to get a forum uo, but since 95% preferred to just be lurkers - it never worked. They kept trying for years, i only recently stopped being part of the effort because i saw the futility of it.

#57 User is offline   Thestrangered 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:02 AM

mmm, I dunno. There may be quite some Myst fans here in Israel... :arianna:

#58 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:40 PM

All i'm saying is it's best to locate these fans first, and see if they're interested, before starting the forum. For example, i'm an israeli Myst fan, but i don't think i'd join another forum: my online presence is limited to just three places {MC, dA & Fb}, and i feel it's best that way. I start losing track of things, otherwise.

#59 User is offline   Thestrangered 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

Okay, I see your point. There was a huge Myst thread over at "The Hebrew Quest" site, and it was great, but after several tries to keep it alive, it died from the lack of news. But it was cool to talk about Myst in Hebrew (you don't do *that* a lot :arianna: ) while it lasted.

#60 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:08 PM

You know what would be totally epic? Translating all the Myst games into Hebrew. Now, if a project like that were started - i would even participate. Mostly because i wouldn't trust anyone beside myself with any of the journals where precision is of the essence.

#61 User is offline   Thestrangered 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:22 AM

Could be nice, but I rather play Myst at it's regular language. I had Myst III Exile in Hebrew (the only one translated as much as I know. It was the first game I got). The subtitles were nice, but the journals and notes translation was lame. The Journals were still from left to right so it was hard to read them. Not to mention several pages were missing which stopped you from solving the game. So yeah, I rather gave it in English.

#62 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:04 AM

Arrrrrrgh! There are few things that i hate more than translators who either don't know the language they translate from, don't know the language they translate into, or simply neglect to read what they're translating and are just doing it mechanically. I haven't encountered that translation for Exile, but we can bet our donkeys the translators were NOT myst fans themselves. Given to the fans, a translation would, at the very least, be playable; probably also plot-consistent.

#63 User is offline   laughingpineapple 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:33 PM

A great read, well-written and made me rethink some of my assumptions regarding Uru. Thanks for sharing your Journey!

Uru-wise, though, Reve!Yeesha and EoA!Yeesha are just Whatshername and Rengin Altay dressed up as her. Rengin even forgot a tattoo! And they both got the eye colour wrong.
And well, I love all of her looks, especially Uru's dress and EoA's hair. But I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one who does in all of existence... *hides behind a Relto pine tree*

Really, am I the only one who likes troubled yeesha? she was alone at d'ni for like 200 years, she caused the death of her only friend, enslaved the bahros and you want *another* catherine? dissolve.gif

That'd be two of us. I also think that the solid basis Atrus and Catherine gave her, the one everyone's nostalgic of, is still there and it's the reason she hasn't gone completely mad. She's strong. I see her as an overall positive figure, albeit very troubled, as you say, and with good reason.

I hope it's not. It looks like something she made for herself, being "the grower".

Well, the shirt has the desert bird on it, nothing to do with the Grower... besides, that particular design for a roadrunner comes from the local native Americans, whom she met after leaving Tomahna. So either she made it for herself, as you suggest, or her lovely parents had contacts with the aforementioned native Americans and it's a present from Catherine or something like that. Nothing D'ni about it, that's for sure. Besides, Yeesha kind of hates the D'ni, doesn't she?

or simply neglect to read what they're translating and are just doing it mechanically.

I hear you. Yeesha became her parent's "desert flower" in Italian EoA. She's also Ti'ana, purportedly. And Atrus was consumed by pride. Atrus of all people! :arianna: And I'm not even going into "Grandpa Gehn" territory...

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users