• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mysterium 2010 Bids

#1 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:31 PM

Hi guys,

The Mysterium Committee hasn't received any bids yet for 2010! Remember, 2010 is (or around) the Central time zone, so any city in the Central timezone is a good choice. Complete bids will be given preference over incomplete bids, but partial bids will also be accepted. So if you live in the Central time zone, please submit a bid using this form. Bids must be received by June 30th to count!

Hoping to see you in the Central Time Zone next year,

Capella

#2 User is offline   Odo'Ital 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:53 AM

View PostCapella, on Jun 14 2009, 02:31 PM, said:

Hi guys,

The Mysterium Committee hasn't received any bids yet for 2010! Remember, 2010 is (or around) the Central time zone, so any city in the Central timezone is a good choice. Complete bids will be given preference over incomplete bids, but partial bids will also be accepted. So if you live in the Central time zone, please submit a bid using this form. Bids must be received by June 30th to count!

Hoping to see you in the Central Time Zone next year,

Capella

I'll gladly help out if anyone that's even remotely interested in submitting a bid. I was dragged into the Committee shortly after submitting my bid for Cleveland in 2008, and I love doing this stuff.

I've, personally, got a few locations in mind for the central time zone, but we really need someone "on the ground" in the area that knows their area and is willing to help us get a running start in planning Mysterium 2010 - particularly when it comes to looking at hotels (web pictures rarely do these places proper justice, as Alahmnat or Oscelot can tell you from this year's hotel choice), recommending local food options and attractions, and explaining the local transportation options.

#3 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:36 PM

How about Detroit? Or Lansing? Or Muskegon! Gorgeous beaches in Muskegon, MI - and we have a theme park nearby called Michigan's Adventure. It's a waterpark and an amusement park! :arianna: There's also some nice museums in Grand Rapids, or if you want to go further up, there's Mackinaw Island, Mackinaw Bridge, and Mackinaw city - excellent fudge!

#4 User is offline   aander91 

• Forum game like its 2008
  • KI number:00087015

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:44 PM

Must has fudge!

#5 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games
  • KI number:03330098

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:03 AM

Must has tickets across one sea, one ocean and half a continent!

#6 User is offline   Odo'Ital 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:06 AM

View PostMystress, on Jun 22 2009, 03:36 PM, said:

How about Detroit? Or Lansing? Or Muskegon! Gorgeous beaches in Muskegon, MI - and we have a theme park nearby called Michigan's Adventure. It's a waterpark and an amusement park! :arianna: There's also some nice museums in Grand Rapids, or if you want to go further up, there's Mackinaw Island, Mackinaw Bridge, and Mackinaw city - excellent fudge!

Part of the UP is on Central time, isn't it? I also seem to remember someone submitting Detroit for consideration for 2008... might be worth another go?

#7 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:34 AM

I'm not going to submit anywhere down here in the south, because I want it to come down here when I'm old enough to go there without my mom's permission. My mom doesn't quite understand this sort of thing. :arianna:

[edit] Now that I've looked at what all you have to do if you submit a place, I don't think they want a 16 year old helping plan this anyway. That's really involved.

#8 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:51 PM

Odo, Detroit's a good spot, but kind of unsafe. Otherwise there's several museums, I think, and there's also the Lions and Tigers... (football, baseball)

If you're looking more for something outdoors, I'd say Muskegon - again, great beaches near there and there's also an amusement park in Muskegon. Lansing's better for a big indoor meeting.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users