MYSTcommunity: Mini-Mysterium Boston? - MYSTcommunity

• 2 Pages +

Mini-Mysterium Boston? Cross-posted from UO

#26 User is offline   zib_redlektab 

• rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:59 PM

Woops, I meant Saturday :) Sorry!

I will, of course, be in school on Friday :)

If you know how to get there, Riven, then I'm totally up for it :D It sounds very cool.

#27 User is offline   ShorahNagi 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:01 AM

I say YAY to CRMI, and as for getting there...GPS systems were invented for a reason.

However, do we know what time we'll be meeting up...or even where we want to meet?

#28 User is offline   zib_redlektab 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:12 AM

View PostShorahNagi, on Oct 8 2009, 06:01 AM, said:

However, do we know what time we'll be meeting up...or even where we want to meet?

No, we never decided on a time or place. Where should it be? :D

#29 User is offline   ShorahNagi 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:20 AM

Logic says we should probably choose an easy place to meet. For example, say we do the CRMI museum. We could always use that as the first meet-up point, then travel to other places together...

Speaking of traveling, are we going to take public trans. (like the T) or do we want to drive everywhere and car-pool?

I think public is easier...sure you have to do a little walking, but it cuts out the problem of having to find parking, making sure you have enough space in cars for people, and also the trouble of people not making it to places

#30 User is offline   rivenwanderer 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00111929

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:38 PM

I love public transit! Like I said, the bus runs very regularly between Central Square and near the museum--and Central Square is on the (fast and reliable) Red Line branch of the subway.

Where are other folks coming from? And will anyone be driving into town? I won't be driving since I don't own a car and live within walking distance of Central ^_^ so my inclination is to plan things to start and eventually finish in the Central Square area. Any objections? (If anyone does drive, I can arrange a parking permit so you can keep your car on the street in my neighborhood rather than paying a garage or parking meter.)

How's this for a Plan: meet at 12:30pm in the Starbucks at Central Square (I can bring a sign--or my sunner if I can find him--so that people can find the group easily). Then we walk across the street and take the bus to CRMI. Wander around the CRMI, oo and ah over shiny machines, wander around the park if the weather is nice. Then hop on the bus back to Central. From there, if people are up to it, there is a fantastic ice cream place nearby, and the MIT museum a block from there :evil: This puts the CRMI at the beginning of the day, and the other stuff can kind of be played by ear based on what people feel like (with an easy set of default things to do--ice cream and the MIT museum).

How does that sound?

#31 User is offline   ShorahNagi 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:00 PM

View Postrivenwanderer, on Oct 8 2009, 03:38 PM, said:

I love public transit! Like I said, the bus runs very regularly between Central Square and near the museum--and Central Square is on the (fast and reliable) Red Line branch of the subway.

Where are other folks coming from? And will anyone be driving into town? I won't be driving since I don't own a car and live within walking distance of Central ^_^ so my inclination is to plan things to start and eventually finish in the Central Square area. Any objections? (If anyone does drive, I can arrange a parking permit so you can keep your car on the street in my neighborhood rather than paying a garage or parking meter.)

How's this for a Plan: meet at 12:30pm in the Starbucks at Central Square (I can bring a sign--or my sunner if I can find him--so that people can find the group easily). Then we walk across the street and take the bus to CRMI. Wander around the CRMI, oo and ah over shiny machines, wander around the park if the weather is nice. Then hop on the bus back to Central. From there, if people are up to it, there is a fantastic ice cream place nearby, and the MIT museum a block from there :evil: This puts the CRMI at the beginning of the day, and the other stuff can kind of be played by ear based on what people feel like (with an easy set of default things to do--ice cream and the MIT museum).

How does that sound?

It sounds good to me. 12:30's a good time - it gives people a chance to wake up, get ready, and arrive). I'm coming down from Salem, NH and that takes at least 45 minutes to make it to the T station (I hate driving in the Boston Area so the T is a life saver).

As for the meet-up, we're definetly going to need a sign or some other way to identify each other (perhaps if one has a Myst T-shirt, we should wear them). With planning though, It might be easier to keep the above as a base, and then once we're all together, make a more final plan.

#32 User is offline   zib_redlektab 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:03 PM

Well, I'll be wearing my Myst shirt. Also, I think I remember what most of you look like :evil: At least Nagi and RivenWanderer :rotflol:

I was informed today that one of my best friends moved his birthday party from Monday to Saturday, and that starts at 4. This unfortunate development means that I may have to leave our gathering early. Since we don't really have an official finishing time, I don't think that that should be a problem. We'll see :miw:

#33 User is offline   ShorahNagi 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:12 PM

That's ok, we'll forgive you Zib if you have to depart early.

Although I must admit I am torn when it comes to clothing between one of my Mysterium tees, or my Catherine Costume (there is nothing quite as fun as riding the T in a costume...check my FlickR for a few photos of such an endeavor from Anime Boston...I don't have pictures of non-costumed people's faces, but it really was funny to see what they thought)

#34 User is offline   taniith 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:35 PM

(huh, I apparently already had an account here... go figure). Due the rigors of the upcoming last week of this term, involving such things as writing a renderer and designing a game and such, I can't make it this weekend :evil: . So, have fun on my behalf!

Also, you might consider walking around Moody Street too... lots of strange little shops and good food. You know, I went to school there for a year, parking within 20 feet of that museum, and never went in.... crazy, no?

#35 User is offline   rivenwanderer 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00111929

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:56 AM

@taniith Aw, too bad--hope you can make it next time :evil:

@[everyone else] OK! So, 12:30, Starbucks, tomorrow, I think we have at least a tentative plan of activities... See you there!

(Should I email Rivenchan?)

#36 User is offline   zib_redlektab 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:38 PM

YOU GUYS ARE MISSING OUT THIS IS AWESOME

#37 User is offline   ShorahNagi 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:49 PM

Today was...

AWESOME!

Nothing like seeing a bunch of old big machines and small machines and big wrenches and small wrenches...Not to mention a bunch of gears...

Those of you who couldn't make it, you missed a swell time...But fear not! We've got other ideas planned for the upcoming seasons.

We're thinking of doing a meet-up every season with a theme. For example, this time it was Mechanical Age themed in Fall.

So now we want to do a different age every season for a meet-up.

Winter and Spring would be like today: An age-themed trip while Summer is Mysterium.

So, anyone think it's a good idea?

#38 User is offline   taniith 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:23 PM

View PostShorahNagi, on Oct 10 2009, 06:49 PM, said:

Today was...

AWESOME!

Nothing like seeing a bunch of old big machines and small machines and big wrenches and small wrenches...Not to mention a bunch of gears...

Those of you who couldn't make it, you missed a swell time...But fear not! We've got other ideas planned for the upcoming seasons.

We're thinking of doing a meet-up every season with a theme. For example, this time it was Mechanical Age themed in Fall.

So now we want to do a different age every season for a meet-up.

Winter and Spring would be like today: An age-themed trip while Summer is Mysterium.

So, anyone think it's a good idea?

Sounds like a good idea to me. Glad it went well, but hopefully the next one is at a less hectic time :evil:

#39 User is offline   ShorahNagi 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:19 PM

The idea for next time (Winter Myst Boston) was to do it during Winter Break in Feb. that way, there's no worries with school and stuff.

#40 User is offline   zib_redlektab 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

February break at my school is from the 15th to the 19th, plus the surrounding weekends, of course. :evil:

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users