MYSTcommunity: Mangree Puzzle Help - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Mangree Puzzle Help

#1 User is offline   DinoThrasher 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member
  • KI number:00804795

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:01 PM

I've tried everything. I gave up on it so I've searched for the answer. The hint map says 1.5 seconds, 0.5 seconds, and 1.5 seconds. A walkthrough said 3/4 turn, 1/4 turn, 3/4 turn. And finally I found 1 1/2 turn, 1/2 turn, 1 1/2 turn somewhere on this forum. I've tried all of these too many times to count and I can't get it to work! Is there something I'm missing, or is it another retarded speed puzzle like the spider chair puzzle? I don't know who thought it would be funny to put speed puzzles into this game, but somebody needs to go shoot them. Now. :arianna:

Edit: Nevermind. My brother, who solved it a few hours before I got to that part, walked in so I asked him how he did it. When he went to try I realized he was spinning the dials much more slowly than I was so when I tried to slow it down a bit it seemed to work. I would like to point out I still think the people who decided to implement these speed puzzles that require quick timing and precision should be immediately shot. :rotflol:

#2 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:21 PM

I hated that puzzle. You have no idea how many hours I wasted (both before and after I read a walkthrough) trying to figure that thing out. All of those speed related puzzles were giving me a complex. :arianna:

If you haven't done the spider chair puzzle on Spire yet, you have my condolences.

#3 User is offline   DinoThrasher 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:26 PM

My brother and I sat down and did that one together, we couldn't do it alone. I solved a crystal he couldn't get because of a paper he missed, we solved another one together with guess and check on that "harmony" sheet, and he did the speed part. Also, after reading a few things on this forum, I'm scared to go on because I remember reading something that said it was the "3rd hardest puzzle". If that's the 3rd hardest, I fear the hardest.

Update: Yes! Finally done with those awful prison ages!... I think I liked the prison book idea from Myst 1 better. >_< *Puts up sign reading "Gone to happy place, be back soon."*

#4 User is offline   realXCV 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:55 PM

The speed at which you turn the wheels doesn't have any influence on the final result. Only duration has.

Hardest puzzle? I would say: the final puzzle.

#5 User is offline   DinoThrasher 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:54 PM

Really? It took me a minute to catch on with which memories go to which picture, but once I got it that puzzle only took me a few minutes. The other dream sequence puzzle with the colored lights was MUCH harder in my opinion.

#6 User is offline   Coolgamer 

• telahm (guildsman)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:12 AM

I'm still working on this puzzle. I HATE IT WITH A PASSION.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users