MYSTcommunity: Why can't I have ultimate power? - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Why can't I have ultimate power?

#1 User is offline   DinoThrasher 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member
  • KI number:00804795

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:25 PM

Why is running off with the tablet not an ending? I mean, the other two already had their turn with ultimate power, maybe I want some ultimate Bahro power! I mean, I had to go through all those horrible puzzles and listen to a guy rant about some backstory using vague suggestions, seems only fair that I should be allowed to have my share of fun. Does anyone else feel this way, or is this power hungry urge just me?

#2 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:11 PM

Hey look, Allatwan! Another crazy person like us who wants to be the Grower!

It seems we share a lot of ideas on End of Ages. I had all of these things planned that I was going to use the Tablet for. It seemed a shame to give it away...

#3 User is offline   DinoThrasher 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:54 PM

Well why shouldn't we be the grower, we do everything else in the Myst world. Why not rebuild an entire civilization from the ground up.

#4 User is offline   Zenoc2 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01951307

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:37 AM

Well...

Have you beaten the game yet? If so, click the spoiler for an answer.

Click to reveal hidden content
You don't need the Tablet to rebuild D'ni, because D'ni isn't the city itself.

#5 User is offline   Gorobay 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:44 AM

Also, it is unlikely that they would create so much content and give you so much power for losing.

#6 User is offline   DinoThrasher 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:43 AM

I beat the game, I know D'ni isn't just a city. I'm just saying.

And I'm not asking for lot's of content, just an ending where you can walk out of the building and somehow imply that you have lot's of power and do something with it.

#7 User is offline   Lurker Underground 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • KI number:00417445

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:35 PM

http://www.guildofwr...nstalling_PyPRP
-LU

#8 User is offline   DinoThrasher 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:51 PM

View PostLurker Underground, on Aug 12 2009, 09:35 PM, said:

An age builder?

#9 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:29 AM

View PostLostthyme, on Aug 12 2009, 02:11 AM, said:

It seems we share a lot of ideas on End of Ages. I had all of these things planned that I was going to use the Tablet for. It seemed a shame to give it away...

Maybe that will be Myst VI?

Rebuild Dni...
Everybody else seems to have made a mess of it so why can't we (the fans) have a go?

#10 User is offline   DinoThrasher 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:21 AM

View PostJohnraka, on Aug 13 2009, 04:29 AM, said:

View PostLostthyme, on Aug 12 2009, 02:11 AM, said:

Maybe that will be Myst VI?

Rebuild Dni...
Everybody else seems to have made a mess of it so why can't we (the fans) have a go?

I've never played it so I can't be sure, but isn't/wasn't URU Live rebuilding D'ni already?

And ya, it is sad they messed it up. Wasn't V made by Cyan Worlds again? I would have expected Ubisoft to screw up IV, not Cyan to screw up V. It's their game after all.

#11 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:20 PM

View PostDinoThrasher, on Aug 11 2009, 04:25 PM, said:

Why is running off with the tablet not an ending? I mean, the other two already had their turn with ultimate power, maybe I want some ultimate Bahro power! I mean, I had to go through all those horrible puzzles and listen to a guy rant about some backstory using vague suggestions, seems only fair that I should be allowed to have my share of fun. Does anyone else feel this way, or is this power hungry urge just me?

You don't exactly have that much knowledge on how to use the Tablet (it's like the One Ring, only those skilled/powerful can bend its power to their will, the others only get some pitiful things like invisibility). You also don't have the tools and/or materials you might need to use the power (and I don't think Yeesha or Esher will want to help you with that).

View PostDinoThrasher, on Aug 11 2009, 06:54 PM, said:

Well why shouldn't we be the grower, we do everything else in the Myst world. Why not rebuild an entire civilization from the ground up.

Ah, the path of Gehn...

View PostDinoThrasher, on Aug 13 2009, 04:21 AM, said:

I've never played it so I can't be sure, but isn't/wasn't URU Live rebuilding D'ni already?

And ya, it is sad they messed it up. Wasn't V made by Cyan Worlds again? I would have expected Ubisoft to screw up IV, not Cyan to screw up V. It's their game after all.

The DRC in Uru and Uru Live are trying to (physically) restore the D'ni city and Ages. In Live, Yeesha gave cryptic stuff about "making a home" that could be interpreted as rebuilding the spirit of D'ni as well.

EoA was made by Cyan Worlds. In their defense, they had only a short time to convert what was originally supposed to be (Ubisoft) Uru Live content into a standalone game. As a rushed and somewhat piecemeal show of what was meant to be Uru, it is actually quite impressive, I'd say.

#12 User is offline   Allatwan 

• Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:02 PM

OMG!!! :arianna: :rotflol: :P Yet ANOTHER grower in the making! Definitely, that would be an AWESOME Myst VI!
Well, all I can say is that I'm still writing that fan-fiction of mine, "The Grower", and that I've a newest plan for it, which I thought of during the past week: now, not only will Kadish's descendant, Zenaida (who thinks she's the desert bird 'coz of her name) meet the Stranger's descendant (you got an idea who it could be, Lostthyme? I won't tell you until the 9th chapter, but I'm almost there... suspence suspence!), but in the book's second part, they will all meet..... :drumroll:, :drumroll:

Whoops, too bad my hostess' computer won't let me insert a spoiler tag:
some ppl from Myst Community.
Ah, but WHO, and WHY? I won't say, I won't say... According to my plotline, you'll see who around chapter 21!

#13 User is offline   laughingpineapple 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

As Gloa said, you wouldn't know how to use it.^^;

As a rushed and somewhat piecemeal show of what was meant to be Uru, it is actually quite impressive, I'd say.

I also think that it's a small and somewhat suspended part of a bigger whole. Had they had time to explain, through Uru Live or other means, the exact link between the Tablet and the Art - and, consequentially, the Bahro - we wouldn't be complaining so much. It's potentially all there, just as the details of Yeesha's story are. But we don't know how to put it all together.

I propose that we kidnap RAWA and tie him to a chair until he tells us every tiny little thing that happened between 1824 and August 17th, 2009. è_é

#14 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:14 PM

View Postlaughingpineapple, on Aug 17 2009, 03:53 PM, said:

I propose that we kidnap RAWA and tie him to a chair until he tells us every tiny little thing that happened between 1824 and August 17th, 2009. è_é

Good plan. I'll bring the rope. :arianna:

#15 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

View PostLostthyme, on Aug 17 2009, 02:14 PM, said:

Good plan. I'll bring the rope. :rotflol:

I'll bring the donuts. :arianna:

#16 User is offline   DinoThrasher 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:44 PM

Ok, I've thought of a few ways that Myst V COULD have worked:

1) Have made Myst V something like "Myst V: Enslavement" as a prelude that introduces Yeesha as the desert bird and the grower, and to better show the Bahro's involvment to "Myst VI: End of Ages" to better connect the stories

2) Instead of making EoA Myst V and attempting to attach it to that Myst through Myst IV story, tweaking the story a bit and making it an URU expansion as part of THAT story would have made it less of a leap, since URU seems to talk about the Bahro thing like Myst V while Myst I-IV were in the same universe, but seemed to be a different storyline with the stranger and Atrus

3) We go with the plan of kidnapping RAWA and making him tell us everything... I'll bring the thumbscrews. :arianna:

#17 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:05 PM

View PostDinoThrasher, on Aug 17 2009, 02:44 PM, said:

Ok, I've thought of a few ways that Myst V COULD have worked:

1) Have made Myst V something like "Myst V: Enslavement" as a prelude that introduces Yeesha as the desert bird and the grower, and to better show the Bahro's involvment to "Myst VI: End of Ages" to better connect the stories

2) Instead of making EoA Myst V and attempting to attach it to that Myst through Myst IV story, tweaking the story a bit and making it an URU expansion as part of THAT story would have made it less of a leap, since URU seems to talk about the Bahro thing like Myst V while Myst I-IV were in the same universe, but seemed to be a different storyline with the stranger and Atrus

3) We go with the plan of kidnapping RAWA and making him tell us everything... I'll bring the thumbscrews. :arianna:

1) I don't think you'd need a whole game just to introduce Yeesha and the bahro (especially for all the people who played Uru). However, having the game focus more on connecting the previous storylines to the bahro rather than adding new stuff about them... that might have worked (they actually did an okay job with attaching the information about Yeesha's past and tying that into the story - if they could have done that well with the bahro, it would have been very good). Maybe a prequel to Uru...

2) That would work very well (perhaps because that's what it was originally meant to be).

3) Yeah, that works too.

#18 User is offline   Lurker Underground 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • KI number:00417445

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:55 PM

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on Aug 17 2009, 05:40 PM, said:

View PostLostthyme, on Aug 17 2009, 02:14 PM, said:

Good plan. I'll bring the rope. :rotflol:

I'll bring the donuts. :arianna:

Who's bringing the MYST book page?
-LU

#19 User is offline   Allatwan 

• Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:55 AM

I vill bring dem! :arianna: LOOL, lovin' this post...
para pa pa pa... never mind!

I vill bring dem! :rotflol: LOOL, lovin' this post...
para pa pa pa... never mind!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users