MYSTcommunity: Music Messed up - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Music Messed up Please help me!

#1 User is offline   MagnumVsRockford 

• choortahn (learner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:02 PM

I didnt think I had a problem until listening to the Exile soundtrack. Track 2 is Atrus' Study, followed by Savvedro enters. However, I hear nothing during the short scene inside Atrus' Study on Tomahna. I hear parts of it in the tower on J'nanin, but thats it. Also I remember the Theme for Amateria not being nearly as "nice" sounding, I remember without the calming voices and flutes. Can someone help me because I love the soundtrack and want to hear this in the game. P.S. I'm on Riven right now so I cant check on Amateria, but Tomahna is silent except for wind chimes.

#2 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:10 PM

View PostBob Blusoe, on Sep 14 2009, 04:02 PM, said:

I didnt think I had a problem until listening to the Exile soundtrack. Track 2 is Atrus' Study, followed by Savvedro enters. However, I hear nothing during the short scene inside Atrus' Study on Tomahna. I hear parts of it in the tower on J'nanin, but thats it. Also I remember the Theme for Amateria not being nearly as "nice" sounding, I remember without the calming voices and flutes. Can someone help me because I love the soundtrack and want to hear this in the game. P.S. I'm on Riven right now so I cant check on Amateria, but Tomahna is silent except for wind chimes.

I don't have the Exile soundtrack, but I know that many soundtracks often have "polished" and extended versions of in-game music. For example, some minor incidental pieces of music in a scene in Narayan are added into the Main Theme. They'd be rather silly just as tiny clips of sound, and the soundtrack doesn't need to match with all the game visuals and puzzles.

That's probably what's causing your confusion. "Atrus' Study" might be something they planned for Tomahna, but found that they needed the music more in different places (or else the various hints of music like the one you heard in J'nanin are all referring to Atrus' influence, and so were piled into the track).

#3 User is offline   MagnumVsRockford 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:12 PM

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on Sep 14 2009, 06:10 PM, said:

View PostBob Blusoe, on Sep 14 2009, 04:02 PM, said:

I don't have the Exile soundtrack, but I know that many soundtracks often have "polished" and extended versions of in-game music. For example, some minor incidental pieces of music in a scene in Narayan are added into the Main Theme. They'd be rather silly just as tiny clips of sound, and the soundtrack doesn't need to match with all the game visuals and puzzles.

That's probably what's causing your confusion. "Atrus' Study" might be something they planned for Tomahna, but found that they needed the music more in different places (or else the various hints of music like the one you heard in J'nanin are all referring to Atrus' influence, and so were piled into the track).

I was thinking maybe it was something like that. If anyone has played Exile when it was released and remembers what it sounded like, if they could tell me what the sound is supposed to sound like. thanks.

#4 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:17 PM

Listens...

Atrus' Study actually might be from Tomahna after all (or at least some of it). Outside the study, perhaps, or maybe after you wait awhile?

#5 User is offline   MagnumVsRockford 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on Sep 14 2009, 06:17 PM, said:

Listens...

Atrus' Study actually might be from Tomahna after all (or at least some of it). Outside the study, perhaps, or maybe after you wait awhile?

I figured it out. It was another fault of Ubisoft. All exile DVDs seem to have a glitch in them where only sound effects play. those snippets of music I heard were actually coded as sound effects in the game. looking at old mystcommunity topics led me to a file, mp3dec.asi, which was missing from the exile bin. I copied it over and PRESTO! (Studios :D ) the music works right. "Atrus' Study" is actually Music heard on the main menu, which was silent for me before. I think this should be mentioned in that great tech support topic about compatablility. Shoud I upload the file?

#6 User is offline   tansunn 

• choortahn (learner)
  • KI number:04139576

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

I'm interested in this file. I never thought I was actually missing out on music in the game itself, which is a shame because it's a wonderful soundtrack.

#7 User is offline   MagnumVsRockford 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:15 PM

Attached File  Mp3dec.zip (54.84K)
Number of downloads: 744

View Posttansunn, on Sep 14 2009, 08:00 PM, said:

I'm interested in this file. I never thought I was actually missing out on music in the game itself, which is a shame because it's a wonderful soundtrack.

Here it is. I dont have the exile dvd with me so I cant tell with gameplay alone, but the menu now has music which is a good sign.
EDIT: Put the file in the \bin\ directory.

#8 User is offline   tansunn 

• choortahn (learner)
  • KI number:04139576

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:05 PM

umm... what directory does the file go in? I would assume the \bin\ directory, but I'd rather make sure first.

#9 User is offline   MagnumVsRockford 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

View Posttansunn, on Sep 15 2009, 11:05 AM, said:

umm... what directory does the file go in? I would assume the \bin\ directory, but I'd rather make sure first.

oh sorry! yes, it goes into the bin folder. its only for the dvd versions, and I just beat riven, so I have to read book of dni before going on to exile. However, I messed around in Tomahna and now there's music!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users