MYSTcommunity: Interest? - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Interest? euromysterium anyone?

#1 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:141809

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:36 AM

Is there anyone else interested in a small mysterium in Europe? I know that there hasn't been a euromysterium in years, but maybe there could be a small gathering or so? nothing big

#2 User is offline   Allatwan 

• Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:47 AM

Depends on where it is and WHEN! But I'd be glad to go to one! :D

#3 User is offline   laughingpineapple 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:21 AM

Count me in! *_*

#4 User is offline   Free Bird 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Admin
  • KI number:343012

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:46 AM

Yes, but I don't think it'd work - sadly. It didn't work the last time. We had great fun, but it wasn't really European.

#5 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:49 AM

WHERE was it, though? I know I won't be able to go if it's too far from Paris- and since I don't even know where I'll be next year- on which continent, that is- I can't say if I'm sure I'll be able to come to ANY Mysterium- big or small! :D

#6 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:141809

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:00 AM

off topic : Is there something going wrong with replying or so :D

on topic : Well I think that

when : next summer

where: Well I was planning to first see who ws interested and since I don't think there will be a lot of people, just to look which place everyone can reach next summer and maybe someone can go and take a look for hotels and stuff.

#7 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:12 AM

Hum... yes, there IS something wrong with the posting thing... :D I'll try to do something about my posts... :S

#8 User is offline   Free Bird 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Admin
  • KI number:343012

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:50 PM

View PostAllatwan, on Sep 29 2009, 02:49 PM, said:

WHERE was it, though?

EuroMysterium 2005 (the only one that ever materialized) was held in Rotterdam, The Netherlands and was attended by about 30 people (don't quote me on that - I'm not sure - it was definitely more than 20, though), a whopping 3 of which were from outside the country (2 Belgians and a German). There have been later gatherings in Europe that were more international than that, but by then the idea of a truly pan-European Mysterium had already been given up on (by me at least - this realization may have taken some more time for others). The main reason, in my view, was the cultural barrier, but the language barrier played an important part as well (one is tempted to assume that everyone "just" speaks English, but reality is a bit different). The national/lingual communities tend to be quite closed, staying within their own borders. National gatherings have been more succesful, although things aren't as great as they used to be. The last Dutch gathering was over a year ago now and the German community seems to be having some issues as well (that I don't feel competent to elaborate on). I think most other communities are in an even worse state. The French community used to do pretty okay as well, but they seem to be in a coma now - correct me if I'm wrong, I don't keep in touch.

So basically that's the situation today. Small-scale gatherings can still work, but a real EuroMysterium? Forget about it. Only North America has managed to pull off a proper Mysterium so far. Sad as it is, I don't see that changing unless Cyan somehow pulls off some great new project (which is something I don't see happening either) that'll reinvigorate the community worldwide.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users