MYSTcommunity: Myst 3 Study Acess - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Myst 3 Study Acess Can't find memory lane

#1 User is offline   Andrewnuva199 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member
  • KI number:00209849

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:31 PM

I'm getting through Myst 4 well, having finished exploring Spire and Haven, and I've found the route to the dropped Serenia book. but now I've stopped and run back into a corner.

I've heard that the study from the beginning of Myst 3 is acessable (I've even seen the neigeboring room where you start with the security cameras!), or at least I think so, given I'm told you can see a memory from that game with the amulet. But I can't seem to find out where in Tohama it's hiding!

I've been thinking that it's beyond the locked door in Catherine's lab, but it's even now still locked. A memory seen from the broken plant pot hints at a need of a key, but I don't know if that's somewhere in Tohama or back in the Prisom Ages.

Can someone fill me in? I want to see if I actually can revisit where Myst 3 began before completing the game.

#2 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:39 PM

View PostAndrewnuva199, on Nov 2 2009, 03:31 PM, said:

I'm getting through Myst 4 well, having finished exploring Spire and Haven, and I've found the route to the dropped Serenia book. but now I've stopped and run back into a corner.

I've heard that the study from the beginning of Myst 3 is acessable (I've even seen the neighboring room where you start with the security cameras!), or at least I think so, given I'm told you can see a memory from that game with the amulet. But I can't seem to find out where in Tohama it's hiding!

I've been thinking that it's beyond the locked door in Catherine's lab, but it's even now still locked. A memory seen from the broken plant pot hints at a need of a key, but I don't know if that's somewhere in Tohama or back in the Prisom Ages.

Can someone fill me in? I want to see if I actually can revisit where Myst 3 began before completing the game.

I think you're right about the door. It should also be unlocked. I think there is a dial or something on the side that you might have to turn to unblock the door (so the lock is unlocked, but in the closed position). You don't need a key. You might need to wait for it to become unlocked, but I think that's already happened (since there was the memory). Or wait, is the wheel/dial/lock on the other side, maybe?

Okay, just link to Serenia. Find the Tomahna linking book there (not very far, no puzzles), and link back. I think that links you into the study itself. Then you can explore around there (somewhat more convenient link to Serenia, lots of Exile nostalgia) and then go to unlock the door to the lab.

#3 User is offline   Andrewnuva199 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member
  • KI number:00209849

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:38 PM

Thanks for the help. I found what I was looking for. What fun it was! :evil:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users