• 29 Pages +
  • « First

For Queen And Age! [OOC] A roleplaying game in the Myst multiverse

#701 User is offline   GermanShepherd 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:37 AM

can has RP update plz?

(Are you talking about stuff in Meebo? It's been too quiet.)

#702 User is offline   Allatwan 

• Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:18 PM

View PostSwampthing, on Nov 13 2010, 04:29 AM, said:

Needs moar IC posts.
I think we'll GMpost as soon as the fire is lit {or canceled, or whatever}.

Is there anything I can do at the moment?
Presently, I'm done with my exams and don't have school tomorrow, so I can spend part of the evening on meebo and/or skype but I'm warning you: it's been a tiring week with NaNoWriMo and my exam on Greek art, so I'll probably go to sleep early :D Not to mention I can't get home until 8PM,a nd that's when we eat :/ I'll try to get online at around 9 until 10:30, but an hour and a half is all I can spare you today, I'm afraid :bounce:

#703 User is offline   Jesthar 

• Group: Team Member

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:32 PM

Hmmm, do you need an actual Meebo account to get in there these days?

#704 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:35 PM

View PostJesthar, on Nov 30 2010, 06:32 PM, said:

Hmmm, do you need an actual Meebo account to get in there these days?

I think so. Meebo changed the rules around about a month ago. I'm pretty sure you have to log in from a meebo account to use their chat rooms now.

#705 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:56 AM

Come on people! It's time we got that fire lit so I can contact Swamp and get moving! Only a GM post or two left before we definitely get rid of Aalana!
Until then, I honestly can't help you ppl with the game. So move on! POST! Or else...
No, you really don't want to know what I'll do! ^^

#706 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • KI number:141809

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:18 AM

View PostAllatwan, on Jan 4 2011, 01:56 PM, said:

It's time we got that fire lit so I can contact Swamp and get moving!

last GM post (I think)

Swampthing said:

The fire slowly grows, as the roots burn quite well and occasional addition of kindling over the flames allows them to spread around the solid piece of wood.

so it is very much lit. It has been nicely burning for quite a while now.

#707 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

View Postluna, on Jan 4 2011, 08:18 AM, said:

View PostAllatwan, on Jan 4 2011, 01:56 PM, said:

It's time we got that fire lit so I can contact Swamp and get moving!

last GM post (I think)

Swampthing said:

The fire slowly grows, as the roots burn quite well and occasional addition of kindling over the flames allows them to spread around the solid piece of wood.

so it is very much lit. It has been nicely burning for quite a while now.

Oh, it has? Darn it! I thought the reason why Swamp wasn't replying was because it wasn't lit yet! I'll quickly edit Aalana's reply.
OK, time to take the matter in my own hands... I'll contact him via PM, facebook, DA and skype. Hopefully, he'll eventually log onto one of these...

#708 User is offline   GermanShepherd 

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

While this thread is semi-active, I'm going to take this opportunity to say: Unfortunately, due to school and other such things, I'm going to have to withdraw my participation as Ameya. Last semester showed me that I can't afford to have something as consuming as RP and character design suddenly show up on my doorstep. (Well, it's consuming for me. And all the fun that's come from said time-consuming design has been from when certain elements outside my control completely spoiled everything ahead of its time. Now I know how it feels for authors/developers/etc when books/games/etc leak to torrents ahead of release time. :D) I know the reasons why it's been starting/stopping in a sort of safe-mode, but I can't be worrying about it for my foreseeable future, so I might as well just step out now before the story actually takes off.

So if someone wants to step in and take her, go for it. You already have a framework (and everything that's been flung around in private messages); and there hasn't been a chance for me to really develop a specific goal, so that much is open for someone to take over without much visible character disruption. Then again, she's never been a spotlight character (and she can't even talk to anyone), so I don't imagine it would be too hard to remove her from the game without anyone missing her.

Anyway... That's it. Thanks, and maybe see ya' around.

#709 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

Well, that's totally understandable. However, we won't be able to keep somebody playing your character forever unless you want us to (Luna has volunteered to do so until a final decision has been taken).
If you did want to "get rid" of your character, then please let Swamp and I know via a PM so we explain what to do. There should actually be a decent way to do so without ruining the plot, since that's how Aalana is going to go too. In two GM posts, they'll be gone once and for all.
Now, if you want to keep your char alive, you're going to have to tell Luna and explain a few things to her so that she can actually play Ameya's part well, considering she doesn't know all about her background and all that yet.
Just think about it and let us know.

#710 User is offline   luna 

• meh

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

Capella can explain stuff to me too :D

#711 User is offline   GermanShepherd 

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

I guess it wasn't clear after I started talking about someone else playing her. My decision was: I can't worry about the game anymore, so I am giving up Ameya and am stepping out of the game permanently. The extra stuff was to say that I don't care what happens to her. One of you could play her; someone else could play her; or you could just make her disappear. Since it seems you're asking me what I want done, I would take the option of getting rid of her. (If it's easier for the story, I don't care if someone else plays her in an entirely different direction. If it doesn't matter to the ease of the story, I would much rather prefer that nobody's grubby little hands mar her complex and beautiful personality.)

If someone plays her, note: I will not be a character coach. That would sort of defeat the purpose of not wanting to worry about the game. I do not currently see a time where I will want to worry about the game, so I will not ask that Ameya be played with the intention of me taking her back. If someone plays her, they can do whatever they want and I will not ask for her back. I'm sure Swampy and Capella are perfectly capable of spoiling more of the developed mechanics that were in store for her, if you wanted to ask them for help. :P

Since Swampy is currently A.W.O.L., I figured I would post here so nothing would get lost. I forgot you were a co-GM, so consider this the "get rid of my character" PM. If there's more to discuss, I guess feel free to PM away. Though considering the current state of the game, I will most likely not be able to do whatever it is you want to explain to me once it's time to actually do it.

#712 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:42 AM

Don't worry, that's perfectly OK. I just wanted to know what your intentions were on the long term.
That said, I'll let Luna decide whether she wants to play Ameya for long or whether she'll prefer to let her "disapear" along with Aalana.
Who knows, two less angsty chars might actually let the group function! XD

#713 User is offline   luna 

• meh

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:24 AM

Feel free to start sending me any relevant PM :P Honestly I didn't think you would want to come back, I'm going to try to keep her complex and beautiful personality though >.>

I don't expect you to be some kind of coach either, I understand that you just want to leave the game. I'm just going to try to continue with Ameya the best I can, and there are lots of nice long posts to base myself on :P

Good luck btw, GS, with what ever you are going to do.

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users