• 15 Pages +
  • Last »

For Queen And Age! IC

#51 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:31 PM

Sylvia stared at his face as the man... Erkos answered her and awkwardly touched her hand. Close enough to a handshake, she reasoned.

She nodded as he turned and muttered, ""If we are to unite, we will need a shelter, sooner or later, and some formation of water. I do not trust this location, as more things may loosen and fall through the same as we.""

She stood and brushed off the seat of her pants. Something seemed... off about this man. A closed expression on his face. Sylvia had seen a person with this same expression. The boy had been beaten as a child and his mother had committed suicide.

Sylvia grimaced at this thought but decided she was being foolish. She said softly, subconsciously warming up to him, "You're right. We should rejoin the others. They might know what to do."

#52 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:03330098

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

Erkos' observations reveal little new: The thin forest simply goes on until it meet the heavily clouded horizon; various life forms scatter about their business among the trees and bushes; the stream curves irregularly to the left, splitting twice within the observable range. The branches of the nearest trees look solid, and go far enough down to leave no real peril, if one was to jump off he lowest branches to the ground. However, not knowing these specific trees' characteristic, Erkos cannot be certain from merely looking, whether they are as durable as they look.
The object hanging over the shelter's entrance is spherical and covered with many colorful feathers of different size and shape. Erkos can't tell what the sphere itself is made of, even through his goggles. Some objects can vaguely be seen within the tent, but as they are in deep shadow, it's hard to guess what they may be.

The bandage seems to be doing its job: although it became completely red within seconds of being secured in place, the blood no longer seeps through it. As for any other traumas sustained by Erkos during his entry and Lyall after his exit - they are mostly harmless bruises that will surely stop hurting as time passes. The same goes for Akhashver's bones, excluding his scull and what's in it. Ranath's head no longer hurts at all.

As time passes and the sky lights brighter, birdsong throughout the woods becomes richer and more varied. A sound identical to on of the birds' chirps also comes from a burrow under the roots of a tree Aalana is standing next to. As a small, blue-feathered bird lands beside the burrow and peeks in with one of its large, bulging eyes - two narrow, pink tongues shoot out from the darkness, instantly wrapping around the bird and dragging it inside. A crunching sound issues from beneath the tree. Several large, flat-bodied insects buzz through the air in different directions, diving into the same hole, then emerge together, their gray shapes now rounded out and their flying much slower and clumsier.

Erkos only:
Click to reveal hidden content
The infrared filter shows something inside the shelter. Most animals around here are small and this shape large than most of the ones you can see. It's also much hotter than any animal around here, though not as hot as a bird. From the way the heat is spread, you can tell it's been laying in the same spot for some time, possibly asleep or laying in wait for prey.

An interesting thing: the further away from the cliff you look, the more light seems to shine on the trees there. An infrared look at the stream also reveals it gets warmer as it flows further away.

Also, the speed with which the light around you increases is about twice that of a normal dawn on Earth. {Except, as mentioned before, here the sun isn't moving at all}

#53 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • KI number:141809

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:42 AM

A small girl sits in her mother's lap , picture book in front of her, "and what happens then ?" she asks . "Look" says her mother " Pieter doesn't listen to his friend and climbs very high in the tree and waves . But then the branch breaks and he falls and falls. See, here he lays on the ground not moving. Kees is running, to his dad for help and Jan sits by Pieter talking to him. "why that" asks the girl " because he shouldn't fall asleep" says the mother. 'see, there comes Kees's dad , he lifts Pieter very carefully to lay down inside and call the doctor".

memories thinks Lunanne bitter she can't even remember her mother's face but she remembers those moralistic stories . She notices the boy looking at her " you're an angel" he seems to think. (english)" no" she says, shaking her head, "I'm no angel. He's helping you. No, don't raise your head " and carefully pushes him down again " you've fallen. he is helping you, listening to you heart and breathing ". She stands up as Erkos and Sylvia return to group now be nice to her she thinks holding grudges is easy, but only causes more pain and hate. Forgiving is hard ,but the only way to move on

#54 User is offline   Allatwan 

• Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:50 AM

Aalana peeked at the young boy blabering stuff at Lunnane. She couldn't make out a single word.
Oh, Dannaah! This doesn't sound good... she bit her lip, then feeling utterly useless, she took out her journal and started writting. She hated feeling useless.

17th day of the month of Riuros- second dark month of an Gwez Bezv- year 345th of High King Kavaan's reign, under Dahnnaa's goodly eyes...

This is even worse than I had thought, she finished the long entry, this one doesn't speak a language I know, there's an... Ammad or D'ni? Same thing. The Channelwood man sounds OK... the winged Nixe-like person has strong powers I buts be warry of, and the wizard... I don't know much about him just yet. The Surface girl, Sylivia, sounds nice. She's geting closer to Erkos, the D'ni- or whatever. If I get close to Sylvia, maybe I'll find a way to make her find out things about him for me... unintentionally, of course. I can do that- Thurien is a genius when it comes to psychology. I wish he was here with me- I wish all the others were here with me! But Thurien would have been very helpful with Erkos- and Izolda would have been of some help with medicine... I wish I could do something to help and to go home- or at least find Atrus and understand what this is all about. I have thought about asking the others their ages and questions regarding time here, but it is probably useless: I am not ready to get into long calculations to try and understand this strange world and the Fissure. Maybe... Maybe my music will be of some help. Dannah loves what is beautiful and gives us all a talent. Just as Iwan is an amazing sailor, Izolda a talented healer and Thurien an amazing orator (though slightly demagog and cynical), Dannah has given me a voice that is said to be beautiful. Of course, I need to work on it and do not know much on Taraan music yet, maybe I will be able to soothe the poor boy's pain and calm everyone down- we would sure need that! Yes, how stupid of me! I should have thought about that before! Our teachers haven't taught us enough on the influence Morzened music has on emotions yet, but once I will try a bit... I must be careful, though: wouldn't want to make any mistakes!

She shut it and slipped it under her dress while no one was looking, in a pouch on a belt sown on the dress' inside. Then, she walked up to them.
"I believe- no, I think- yes, I think I can help", she took out her Biniou Braz and paused before bringing it to her lips: "but you must allow me first, for what I am about to do is similar to... err, "hypnosis"? It is... hmm... to change your feelings, make you dream while still awake. Can I? It might help take the pain and stress, anger, and sadness away... Music is less strong than song, so I will use my... whatever you call this in your language", she showed them the skirling-pipe-like instrument, wondering whether or not they'd let her do it, and whether the effects would be alright.
Basic Morzened music, she thought, I can handle that. True Taraan is very different... much harder for most- not because us Morzenediou have voice restrictions like the Kantrieren and D'ni, but because we have KNOWLEDGE restrictions. Thurien never got caught, and we were never able to prove it, but I know that he "somehow" managed to have access to music he can't control yet- songs that don't just change people's feelings, but their thoughts as well. I know him, I know he will try to use it on people... I hope Mamm and Tadig will find out and stop him in time. She sighed. She had recently found out, a few days before leaving, that her brothers Gweltaz and Thurien had "somehow" got tips and maybe even classes from a Barzh that wad teaching them things one does not know until at least the third year ot Taraan studies. They were too young... but they had made her promise not to tell, and promises was something that the Morzenediou could not break. Dannaah fiercly punished those who broke their promises, even the most innocent ones. Still, no one had that kind of power here. She hadn't promised anyone anything yet. Good. Thought she was slightly envious of her brothers: if she had such knowledge of music, she would have used it to go home... But that was impossible yet.

#55 User is offline   Yntu Bux 

• rehlyihmah (the unseen)
  • Group: Member

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:17 AM

No, I'm no angel. He's helping you. No, don't raise your head. You've fallen. He is helping you, listening to you heart and breathing.

Akhashver relaxes his muscles and closes his eyes. The angel spoke an Earth language to him. English. Must not let that language slip away, then: if someone here speaks it, it's gonna be very useful. But... not an angel? And not an eladrin either, at least acording to herself... more like a nurse, judging by the way she speaks. Yes, it all makes sense now: he has already seen a device like the one this man holds, which does just what the Winged One described. So this man is a Doctor, this woman is a Nurse, and he is still alive and again/still on Earth, where they speak (among other things) English. Here, everythig is in its place now. Akhashver smiles, his breathing gradually normalizing, despite the intense pulses of pain that burst repeatedly through his head.

Wait, no, everything is not in its place! Since when are there elves on Earth?! Since when do Elves have wings? And live on Earth?! What... but then another voice speaks to him, also in English, sounding like an adolescent or very young adult:

I believe - no, I think - yes, I think I can help. But you must allow me first, for what I am about to do is similar to... err, "hypnosis"? It is... hmm... to change your feelings, make you dream while still awake. Can I? It might help take the pain and stress, anger, and sadness away... Music is less strong than song, so I will use my... whatever you call this in your language

Akhashver does not open his eyes. According to what the Winged One said, he should avoid physical effort for now. The current speaker's intention isn't ntirely clear to him, but then nothing else is very clear right now either. Her handling of the language is a bit like his own handling of nearly all languages. Later, he should try to find out what her native language is - perhaps it;s something he had learned too, or has a phrase book for. From what he can gather, she is offering to do something similar to drugging him, so that he won't have to deal with the pain and confusion while the doctor works his craft and while his own body heals. So now he just needs to form an answer, in English. Akhashver inhales through his nose, then opens his mouth and whispers, as clearly as he can:

"Let'us try it."

Only after the English words come out of his mouth, does he realize something that escaped him before: the Winged One corrected him in English, to tell him she is not an Angel, but the only language he spoke in prior to that moment was... from an entirely different world! He thought the word in some Earth languages before speaking, though. So, this means one of two things: either the winged elf who lives on Earth speaks the common tongue of Clath or the winged elf who lives on Earth can read his mind and possibly speaks Hebrew, Greek and/or Arabic. Realizing that his attempts at logic stand very little chance in his current situation, Akhashver resolved to stop trying to think and just wait for the promised hypnosis to kick in.

#56 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:20 PM

Erkos surveyed the gathered strangers as he walked back from the cliff side. "You're right. We should rejoin the others. They might know what to do."

It appeared that the injured boy was recovering, or at least that some progress was being made. That was, perhaps, one necessity being taken care of.

"Any society must care for those in weakness of body, to not turn from their succor for any slight reason. To do so is the root of aiding each other. To do so is the honor of the doctor. To do so is the Amad way."

As the others seemed focused on their tasks, Erkos sat down and listened to Aalana's music. It was beautiful. Enchanting, perhaps in to literal a way. You must be more cautious in cautious times.

#57 User is offline   luna 

• meh

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

Lunanne listens to the music it does have a calming effect indeed, although not that strong. could be useful though . She notices that Erkos and Sylvia joined the group again as Sylvia stares at her, at least at her wings. just curiousity it seems, less unbelief , maybe it would all become more real to her if I let her inspect them.That can come later" she thinks "let's just fold them in, making them less suspicious for the time being" she gets hold of one of them she can fold the other in and then folds the other. Her backpack keeps her from putting them flat against her back, but they're less visible. She thinks what would be better : do like nothing happened or mention it ? No, let's not mention it , if she wants to talk about it we can do it later when we now each other better .
(english) "Was there something interesting to see from the cliff? " She asks Sylvia and Erkos, trying to look friendly.

Lunanne's wings have the tendency to move at the same time, moving one without moving the other is hard and takes concentration. Just physically keeping from moving is a lot easier . you can compare it with your hand : if you fold your little finger towards the palm your ring finger will also move .

#58 User is offline   padfoot7726 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 17 January 2010 - 04:12 PM

Ranath stepped away from the group for a moment to look at the scenery. The sunlight seemed scattered and thin, streaming in dappled shades through the wooded landscape. The ground was oddly bare except for grass, leading Ranath to believe that perhaps this world's trees never lost their leaves. Looking in the distance, to the foot of a hill, and a clearing, Ranath was reminded of an old Channelwood proverb from his childhood.

The leaves of the Larat always fall Northward, as that is the direction of the Larat's brethren, the gods. The Larat was once a god itself, until his spirit fell and was planted in the soil, long before men or Kirentay walked upon our shores.

Ranath sighed, wistful at this memory of his people's beliefs. They were naive, certainly, but they were his own for many years.

#59 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:17 PM

"Was there something interesting to see from the cliff?"

Sylvia looked up from her feet and nodded meekly to the woman with wings. "There was some kind of campsite," she told Lunanne deferentially. "And some ashes. Seems we're not the only humans..." Sylvia blushed here, "Uhm... beings, around here."

She cast a glance at the woman's wings folded behind her back. "I'm uh... sorry. This is just all so much to take in. I was... wrong to say that to you."

With that off of her chest, Sylvia sat crossed legged down on the turf to watch the other girl near her age prepare herself to do something. She was standing over the injured boy.

"What do you think we should do?" Sylvia lowered her tone as she asked Lunanne. The woman seemed to have easily taken the lead in the group and Sylvia thought it would be best to respect that. Especially since she had already done enough to get on her bad side.

#60 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:26 AM

Aalana stopped and looked around at the rest of the group.
I hope this did it... she thought.
"I think he should sleep a bit now, so that the song speads its full effects on him", she added in English.
Darn, she winced, this language isn't easy!
"Has anyone got an idea about what we should do next? I agree with Sylvia: we need some sort of shelter. I have weapons to protect us, and I think... Lunnane? has something too, but I don't know if two of us will be enough to protect such a group- especially with an injured person", she pointed at the hurt boy.
"Besides, if we ever need to protect ourselves from something much bigger, I don't think that even the group, as it is, would be strong enough. Maybe if we found somewhere higher on cliffs, or a cave... somewhere hard to have access to... any suggestions?"

#61 User is offline   Swampthing 

• Master of Games
  • KI number:03330098

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:16 AM

When Aalana finishes playing, she can clearly see her music had a lasting effect on the others: the only eyes still open are her own and Lunanne's. However, when no response comes from anyone else, it becomes clear that her audience is not merely caught in the music. Whether laying on the grass between the flowers, sitting with their back against a tree or lounging on a soft piece of undergrowth, Erkos, Sylvia, Lyall, Ranath and Akhash have all fallen asleep! They seem perfectly at ease, calm smiles on their faces. The latter has rolled over to lay on his side, the enchanted sleep rendering him quite oblivious to the still bleeding gash on the back of his head. The sunlight continues to intensify, just as if a normal sun was climbing up the sky, although significantly faster {and with the actual sun still hanging in the same spot, naturally}.

Lunanne only:
All five of them are having sweet, childlike dreams. The air is filled with their feelings of serene contentment.

#62 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:04 AM

Aalana looked around her and bit her lip.
Whoops, looks like I should have chosen a different song... unless- never mind, maybe it's better that way. Now, at least we'll get some peace. And they look like they probably needed some sleep. Gosh, is that ERKOS SMILLING?! I never knew people like that could smile. Hahah, master Taliesin would be proud- then again, maybe not. I was supposed to focus on the kid and just CALM them down, but instead, made them ALL fall asleep. Oh well... Maybe with a bit of practice... a slight smile etched itself in the corners of her lips at the thought of finally getting more practical experiments while all she'd really ever had was theorical practise. Noticing Lunnane was still awake, she guessed the Elf had physical properties unknown to the Morzened. Interesting. She'd have to ask her later about it...

"Err, Lunnane?" she asked in D'ni, "what... what should we do now? Should I wake them up yet? I mean, we still want the boy to sleep, right?"

#63 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:58 AM

Five boys stood outside the entrance of a cave. Erkos smiled at the others. "How odd, Marus, that you have wings." Marus did not have wings before, but that was not odd. Also, he was not always a female - or so tall and old.

Adan spoke from the back of the group, "I don't know who you are, whether you're lying or not, or anything about you, really, but I'm warning you: I'm much more open-minded regarding the Duhny than most of my people- us Ahrotahntee know about all your lies and pretences. So just a friendly piece of advice: I'll help you, I'll wait as patiently as I can, but you'd better help me all the way if you want my support in this thing, whatever this joke is all about- 'coz that's what it is: a JOKE! And a very bad one indeed." They all laughed with him at this joke, even the old bald man. "He must be an American." Erkos said, and the man agreed.

Nobody wanted to go into the cave. "Why should we go into the cave - let us instead not do so," Erkos suggested, as a shadow fell over the group. "I will fly us back home," he said, and then they were back at the village.

"Why did you go without me?" teased Lira, but her hair was cut short and she was wearing odd clothes. "Cannot we all go the next time?" and father, who was bald and had on odd glasses agreed. Erkos realized that the differences in appearance were from linking - they linked and then they came out different. That was why Adan had wings. Of course, the Amad did not have books - that was Duhny. He was Duhny, though - Gehn thought they were the same, so they obviously had books.

#64 User is offline   luna 

• meh

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:16 PM

Lunanne listens it's really nice music. What is it calm and serene around here She notices the others falling asleep. strange I don't feel sleepy just like I'm meditating really She only notices that the music stops when Aalana starts talking to her .

"Err, Lunnane?" she asked in D'ni, "what... what should we do now? Should I wake them up yet? I mean, we still want Akhashever to sleep, right?"

(d'ni) "I don't know, they've very nice dreams. If it were elves they would be very angry at me if I wake them, for disturbing those beautiful dreams.Maybe we should wait it out. At the same time it worries me that I can't get an idea of the being by the campsite and think we should find cover.So I don't know "

The squee comes down to her hand food ? she gives him a cracker. No fruit he asks. It won't kill you thinks Lunanne back.

#65 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:14 PM

Aalana blinked.
"Oh, OK..." she watched the squee scurry towards the tall woman.
"It's sooo sweet! What's it's name?" she asked, coming closer, but keeping a distance: you never knew, with alien animals.
Or people... she thought, giving a quick look over her shoulder at the sleeping group.

#66 User is offline   luna 

• meh

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:38 PM

Lunanne looks confused at Aalana (d'ni)"Why would it need a name?" She looks around, suddenly feeling worried " maybe we should wake them up anyway, we might need to move fast . "

#67 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:17 PM

Aalana began her song. Sylvia felt her eyelids begin to droop almost instantaneously. She felt her head lolling over to the side and she could feel it land on the springy grass as she faded into sleep.

Sylvia was falling through the sky. Stars zoomed by her vision as she let out a contented sigh. Both of her sisters appeared beside her giggling slightly.

"Hullo," Sylvia murmured, but large feathered wings sprouted their shoulders and they drifted away to become two points of light on the starry backdrop. Sylvia spun around so she was looking up into the sky. Above her the figures of her mother and father waved at her.

"Where are you, sweetie?" They called. Sylvia tried to answer but she choked on her words. They too vanished.

Sylvia's feet touched down gently on the ground. She was lost in a crowd of strangers, buffeted here and there by the pressure on all sides. Slightly familiar faces pushed by her in the throng.

An assertive woman with wings. A bearded man with a closed expression on his face. A girl with swords and a cruel gleam in her eyes. A boy with blood pouring from his skull. A quiet man with a polite smile on his lips. An older man with a distant gaze.

Sylvia shied away from them and soon found herself alone in the emptiness. She began walking toward the blank, gray horizon.

#68 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:48 AM

Aalana gave them worried looks.
(d'ni) "OK, I think you're right... though I am wondering... should we wake them all up?" she was gazing at Akhashever, then Erkos.
These two would be very nice while asleep, she thought, Not that I don't like the poor kid- but he needs a rest until we find a lasting solution. And as for the D'ni... oh, PLEASE!
"I think this one might need some sleep at least to soothe the pain and all while we look for a lasting solution", she said out loud, unsure about mentioning the last part about Erkos.
No, Aalana, you can't... somehow, that's not politically correct, she could hear that little voice at the back of her head say. She sighed and rolled her eyes, getting up.
OK, OK, I'll wake the D'ni... besides, we might need him to go home- or to be usedas a possible bait, hostage, and so on, if we meet wild animals or people, she smiled at the thought. Now you're just being horrible!
" 'Bardonez me, Dahnnaa", she blushed, a finger on her lips. How dare she think that? Only Dahnnaa had powers on men's lives, not people. "Me n'an kaoutan an urzh..." she whispered, then turned to Lunnane:
(d'ni)"I will wake everyone up except Akhashever... you see whether it should be done or not".
With that, she walked to each one of them and whispered a very soft song in their ear, hoping it wouldn't wake the injured boy.

OK, some Breton ^^ Morzened translation:

1st sentence: "Forgive me, Dahnnaa".

2nd sentence: "I do not have the right/ I am not allowed (to do this/something)".

Hope that wasn't too random... :scared:

#69 User is offline   luna 

• meh

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:13 AM

(d'ni) "OK, I think you're right... though I am wondering... should we wake them all up?"

Lunanne sees Aalana glancing at the boy and Erkos Erkos? he wasn't that badly wounded. distrust maybe. She watched Aalaana getting up

(d'ni)"I will wake everyone up except the boy... you see whether it should be done or not".

okay the ill boy. She stands up and and studies the boy bleeding seems to have stopped. Still, could be painful (d'ni) "maybe we should let the boy sleep and carry him" she says to Aalana, noticing the others waking up.

#70 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:10 PM

Upon waking, Erkos quickly rose and inspected the situation. An atypical dream corresponding with the slumber of the others... The music of the girl is dangerous. He checked his pockets discreetly to see if anything had been removed or tampered with. Glancing suspiciously at the two who did not show signs of recent sleep, he again tested to see if he was dreaming - it would not be the first of times in which such happened - and kept a cautious distance from the group. "What was that?" he asked quietly, yet with a trace of hostility. The robe's fabric is soft enough - a little work can with ease convert it into a handy form of ear covering.

#71 User is offline   luna 

• meh

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:58 PM

Lunanne notices that Erkos doesn't look to happy or he had a very nice dream or he doesn't like falling suddenly asleep

what was that ?

(english ) " No idea, she starts playing and you doze of straight away. we waked you up pretty soon. I don't like the feel of being in the open like this in this weird place. I think we should find cover. "

#72 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:15 PM

Aalana grinned, triumphant.
"THAT", she replied in perfect D'ni, "was just a little peek at SOFT Morzened music- what we call Taraan music. It uses special tunes and singing techniques... anyone who has studied it long enough can do stuff like that. But us Morzenediou have more voice strings than Kantreerien, D'nis, and other such people. We can focus our music on people, on emotions, on thoughts too... the most talented ones can achieve... Great things. I'm still a third year student, don't worry", she added to reassure him, though she was very pleased to see his expression remained the same, "I'll only improve more after time... and practise"

#73 User is offline   luna 

• meh

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:10 PM

thoughts? Lunanne thinks but you should only manupalate someone's thoughts when you have no other choice. it's a-moral. But this is no time for discussions
(d'ni)" okay , if you kids are done antagonizing each other. " Looks irritated at Aalana "Could we talk about where we are going to take cover and how we are going to get there ? " asks Lunanne, not trying to keep her irritation from her voice I hate childlike behaviour she added in her thoughts

#74 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:50 PM

Sylvia stirred a bit and mumbled something incoherent under her breath that to the others would sound like "Mmmhmmerrmm." Sylvia rolled over and stretched on the ground, not yet willing to open her eyes.

The voice of a girl woke her. Sylvia yanked her eyes open and sat up, her head spinning. It looked like Lunanne, Erkos, and the girl with swords were arguing. The girl looked smug at the paranoid look in Erkos' eyes.

"Oh, shoot. It wasn't a dream," Sylvia mumbled under her breath so the others couldn't hear her. But what had happened? One minute she had been talking to the elf and another moment she was...

Sylvia turned her gaze to the girl. Last thing she remembered was the girl singing. It seemed that Lunanne and the still unconscious boy with strangely colored skin weren't the only inhuman ones. I need to remember this, she thought dryly, I'm probably the only normal person around here. She looked over to Ranath and changed her mind. Well, he may be normal, too. He looks normal, if a little beat up.

#75 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:44 AM

Aalana raised an eyebrow.
(d'ni) "Oh, come on, can't one joke a bit? Sorry, please forgive me, oh great one, for saying the TRUTH! We CAN do these things- but like I said, it's not like we do it. Because no, it isn't right. And controlling thought, by the way, only comes much later and is very minimal. The only thing we can REALLY do is create emotions. But only evil ones would dare create anger and hate- and those are very hard. Dahnaa only loves what is beautiful; love, peace, serenity... those are the things we give our audience thanks to OUR art", she looked at Erkos sideways, "which is just as good as any other type of art. You may have telepathy, but will you use it to pry on people? No? Because you're "moral". Just like bearing a sword doesn't mean you'll go kill people. Well same here: I'm not about to use our awesome art to mess up idiots' already messy minds, thank you. Listening to Morzened music is a privilege, and the D'ni quickly understood that when they came to our Age", she looked at each one of them in turns.
"But remain ignorant fools who can't help consider other cultures with anything else than despise... You're all superior, aren't you? Well then, I'm not wasting your precious time any longer, please forgive me, oh great leaders!" she mocked a bow, punching her right hand in her left one in the Morzened way and walked away.

"Have you slept well?" she asked Sylvia with a smile, in English. "I hope you aren't going to be mad at me for... that. I shan't do it anymore if it disturbs people. And I certainly am not about to show all the Morzenediou have to offer with their culture anymore", she looked back at Erkos and Lunnane meaningfully, "since it seems to disturb some of us here..."

Calm down, calm down... she told herself, you don't want anger to show them... those...
She touched her ears thoughtfully and looked at her hands. No, indeed not...
See what they have done after you sang? Imagine anger showed them THAT! Never let it show... and never get close to water around them! They wouldn't understand...
She sulked as she thought about it... The Moiety had freaked out too once they'd seen it happen, but she hadn't meant to. It was warm, sunny, and her entire self had felt drawn to the sea. She smiled as she remembered the children's awestruck cries on Tay and the adult's horrified stares as they took their children away.

"WHAT are you?!?" one of the men had shouted, raising his dart gun instinctively.
"A Morzened... we are people from the sea, it's normal for us", she had laughed, diving again.
She had had to explain, but they had been rather understanding... some respected her even more than before, claiming she was a sea spirit. It had made her laugh...
Some years from now, I bet people won't believe in legends about a sea spirit lurking on Tay, she had thought.
But these ones seemed different. She knew there were very narrow-minded people out there, but it still hurt her to think that her people's gift was badly considered. Now, there was no way she'd ever trust them with the even greater truth...

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users