MYSTcommunity: Ahnonay Liveagain - manuscripting door latch - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Ahnonay Liveagain - manuscripting door latch

#1 User is offline   300happy 

• some creep who still lurks
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00060309

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:39 PM

I'm playing the Liveagain version, so I think it's different from the POTS single player(I'm not sure though, as I didn't play POTS till Live).

Obveously, major spoilers below. I reccomend you have finished Ahnonay, or at least know it's big secret:

Click to reveal hidden content
Ok, I've got up to this door in the tunnel. Here's what I've observed so far...

-The "ages" are all fake. This was established once I swam through the hole in the sky. I gather they are on some massive rotation, to keep the linking spots working between "versions".

-The age seems to rotate these once the following conditions are met:
*The age has no more "life", or things that read like "life"(the glass like trees) in the age.
*Someone uses the book(since reltoing out doesn't change the age, even when the above is met)
*Someone had to have visited the age(because it doesn't constantly swirl them when no one is home) This last one doesn't seem to matter if I relto'ed in, cloth'ed in, or used the chapel book, as using the book triggers the rotation no matter how I entered the age.

-Each of the 3 "ages" has the doors leading into the back tunnel door different. First(in dni number order), they are both open, then only one is open, then the other one is open. I deduce thus, that the 4th age has them both closed.

-The tower doesn't seem to be helpful anymore. I already used the water valve there, and there's nothing else except the hidden door to open as a shortcut(but that door doesn't exist in the other 2 spheres I can check). I did find it odd that the fog tower inside is empty and useless(aside from the ladders going nowhere)...but that seems to be the case.

-I am guessing that the door will only open if the two security doors are closed. This is cause Kedishypoo likes his security, and is a paranoid sort. Hey, if I lied to the whole Dni society, I'd probably be paranoid too. Anyway, this means that I can only open that door in the 4th "age".

My problem....I have no friggin idea where to start on getting to the fourth age. I've tried a combination of relto and chapel visits, nearly all the cloth combinations, a bunch of stuff really. The switch won't even stay up in the 3 current ages, and I've tried turning the water current back on or closing the door to no effect.

I need a hint, a nudge, if you please. I don't think I need an outright spoiler, as I'm pretty sure I'm just missing some bit of logic or observation here. ;) Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:55 PM

View Post300happy, on Feb 16 2010, 04:39 PM, said:

I'm playing the Liveagain version, so I think it's different from the POTS single player(I'm not sure though, as I didn't play POTS till Live).

Obveously, major spoilers below. I reccomend you have finished Ahnonay, or at least know it's big secret:

Ok, I've got up to this door in the tunnel. Here's what I've observed so far...

-The "ages" are all fake. This was established once I swam through the hole in the sky. I gather they are on some massive rotation, to keep the linking spots working between "versions".

-The age seems to rotate these once the following conditions are met:
*The age has no more "life", or things that read like "life"(the glass like trees) in the age.
*Someone uses the book(since reltoing out doesn't change the age, even when the above is met)
*Someone had to have visited the age(because it doesn't constantly swirl them when no one is home) This last one doesn't seem to matter if I relto'ed in, cloth'ed in, or used the chapel book, as using the book triggers the rotation no matter how I entered the age.

-Each of the 3 "ages" has the doors leading into the back tunnel door different. First(in dni number order), they are both open, then only one is open, then the other one is open. I deduce thus, that the 4th age has them both closed.

-The tower doesn't seem to be helpful anymore. I already used the water valve there, and there's nothing else except the hidden door to open as a shortcut(but that door doesn't exist in the other 2 spheres I can check). I did find it odd that the fog tower inside is empty and useless(aside from the ladders going nowhere)...but that seems to be the case.

-I am guessing that the door will only open if the two security doors are closed. This is cause Kedishypoo likes his security, and is a paranoid sort. Hey, if I lied to the whole Dni society, I'd probably be paranoid too. Anyway, this means that I can only open that door in the 4th "age".

My problem....I have no friggin idea where to start on getting to the fourth age. I've tried a combination of relto and chapel visits, nearly all the cloth combinations, a bunch of stuff really. The switch won't even stay up in the 3 current ages, and I've tried turning the water current back on or closing the door to no effect.

I need a hint, a nudge, if you please. I don't think I need an outright spoiler, as I'm pretty sure I'm just missing some bit of logic or observation here. ;) Thanks.

If my understanding is correct, you'll need another person to help you. The switch method used in PotS no longer works (it was put that way so it wouldn't be impossible for singleplayer). There's some complicated explanation of the exact method you'll need.
This (rather spoilery) guide might help.

#3 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:56 PM

Here's a beginner hint: you cannot do it alone.

You need someone else to trigger a sphere rotation for you, so that you can then cloth to the 4th Age.

#4 User is offline   300happy 

• some creep who still lurks
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00060309

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

Ok, thanks. I had a feeling I might need a buddy, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obveous so I don't go wasting someone else's time. ;)

#5 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:36 PM

If you need help, I'm about to get online. I'd be happy to be the second person to help you get there. ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users