MYSTcommunity: Need tip on Uru live pod ages - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Need tip on Uru live pod ages

#1 User is offline   300happy 

• some creep who still lurks
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00060309

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:36 AM

I don't want a spoiler outright, which is why I'm posting here instead of asking in game or googling. All that either of those do is make people give me times and pod names, but that's already way too far from what I want. I want to solve the puzzle to find out for myself what's going on, not be handed the solution. I'm sure there is a puzzle, because I doubt cyan would be so stupid as to create the "random boss showing up at random times" setup found in other, inferior MMOs.

I know the following:

Click to reveal hidden content

-There is a map in the city by the pod age books.
-The pod numbers line up with certain places on the map, indicating to me that I can find their locations on the map itself. This is confirmed by the fact the "black pod" with underwater sounds is located off shore in the sea, and such.
-There are a billion other numbers on the map if you zoom in, which is mostly probably useless information, but might not be. There are also D'ni words that I haven't seen before, so I don't know what they say, but they seem to be names of contenents and thus not really important either.
-The pods all have a "battery life", that recharges if you leave them alone(say, overnight). Once power is thrown on this timer starts ticking down, till the power goes poof again and your view of outside becomes useless.
-The pods can make sounds, some of which are connected to creatures outside, but I think this is mostly just because they were observatories. I have yet to find any useful combination, and it's also impossible to find out all the creatures due to the black pod and lack of outside light.

I've taken the Path of the Shell, and the regular first Journey as well. I just need someone to give me a tip how I should even start on this one. I don't want a full explanation of how they work, or what the solution is. There's four books on my shelf, and I don't understand what they are supposed to be for(besides creepy pods to hang out in while listening to the beasts outside trying to kill you ;) :P ).

#2 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:52 AM

From what I've heard, I have a very very sketchy idea of what the puzzle is.

If I'm right about what it is, this picture might provide a cryptic nudge in the right direction.

#3 User is offline   300happy 

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:59 PM

Ah, thanks. I don't know how I didn't realize that was being what was marked on the map. Ok...off to translate the whole thing I guess. ;)

#4 User is offline   300happy 

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:05 PM

Hmm...I am lacking a particular time.
Click to reveal hidden content
I think I got the map figured out, but without a time for an event to happen, there's nothing to convert from/to. It's further complicated by there being only 13 segments of time according to the map, meaning it's not just a straight conversion, I need to factor in the size of the planet the pods are on too since the time zones are not the same.

I think I just need a break from timekeeping in general. It'll probably come to me eventually, in the form of a new clue I find, or simply me overlooking something on the map. I basically have got a time table, but nothing to use it for, yet.

No hints for now, but I'll probably come limping back in here in a few days, with how "great" my D'ni math is. ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users