MYSTcommunity: MO:ULa Red GZM Markers - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

MO:ULa Red GZM Markers I found one, but...

#1 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:03 PM

Can anyone give me an idea of where the fifteen red GZM markers are in MO:UL? I feel like such a n00b asking this, but I'm just having unnecessary trouble finding them. I did find one near one of the upper courtyards, and I looked around by the library some and in the Bevin, but I can't seem to find any more - just the one. Could you give me some idea of where to look?

#2 User is offline   300happy 

• some creep who still lurks
  • KI number:00060309

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:55 PM

Couple of things. First off, I actually think the game just has 30 total markers, and thus any you find the first set won't be findable the second set.(the red set) For example, the first time through I cleared all of the ones from the hood, and none of my second set markers were located there(I guess that it's because I picked them up the first time through). I haven't started a new avatar to test this theory, but it holds up for where I found them all in the second set, at least.

Secondly, as I have found them all myself, I can confirm that a lot of them are in those "dead end porch" links found in bahro stones or linking books from the first journey. At least one is in the Path of the Shell stones. I can also confirm that there are none in those stupid "stand on the edge of the cliff" positions that To Dni liked to have them in. Some where requireing standing in some pretty sneaky dead ends in the city, but nothing that required you to be "exactly in position". IE: If you were just walking and made sure to cover everywhere reasonably enough, you'd find all the ones in Live.

Just remember that while they are all "in the city", there are a lot of links that lead to rooms you won't be able to find just by wandering the city. I found the best "strategy" for finding them was simply to take the journeys, and search carefully every time I found myself in one of those city links.

Oh, and check everywhere in the Great Zero too. My last one was
Click to reveal hidden content
down a dead end there
, and drove me insane for quite a bit.

Good luck! ;)

EDIT: added spoiler on the GZ location, just in case.

This post has been edited by 300happy: 19 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

#3 User is offline   aander91 

• Forum game like its 2008
  • KI number:00087015

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:33 PM

Secondly, as I have found them all myself, I can confirm that a lot of them are in those "dead end porch" links found in bahro stones or linking books from the first journey.

This! That seems to be their primary purpose. The best advice I can give you is to leave it as a secondary objective. Just go play through the ages and they'll come to you.

#4 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:33 PM

Thanks for the hints, I'll be sure to keep those in mind when I log on again. ;)

And the trouble is, I like to set goals for myself and get one goal done before I do anything else. It's a great excuse to go explore, though. I figured the majority of them might be in other ages; I didn't find any markers in the Bevin... In fact, my last green one was in the MystCommunity Bevin! And yeah, I heard one was supposed to be in the Great Zero courtyard somewhere.

I think I'm slowly getting the hang of this game; it's still kinda weird, but I like it. And the Kadish Gallery theme is amazing. O.O

#5 User is offline   only_achenar_lover 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • Group: Member
  • KI number:00656745

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

View Postaander91, on Feb 20 2010, 12:33 AM, said:

The best advice I can give you is to leave it as a secondary objective. Just go play through the ages and they'll come to you.

That's what I've been doing and I already have about 12 or so. A lot of them can be found through Bahro stones.
Also, can someone please explain what exactly these markers are? Or what the Great Zero even is?! I'm going around collecting these things and I have no idea what they are!

And yes, the Gallery Theme is totally ASTOUNDING.

#6 User is offline   aander91 

• Forum game like its 2008
  • KI number:00087015

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:03 PM

They're coordinates (?) that get collected and then uploaded to the central thing where you upgraded your KI.

#7 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:08 PM

View Postonly_achenar_lover, on Feb 20 2010, 08:15 PM, said:

That's what I've been doing and I already have about 12 or so. A lot of them can be found through Bahro stones.
Also, can someone please explain what exactly these markers are? Or what the Great Zero even is?! I'm going around collecting these things and I have no idea what they are!

The Great Zero is sort of a big GPS system for the cavern (in purpose, not in methods used). If I understand it right, the various markers are scattered at somewhat set locations, so by collecting the data of where they are, your KI can calculate the Great Zero's signals to locate where you are in comparison to all of them (and so, in turn, to locate where you are in the cavern).

#8 User is offline   only_achenar_lover 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • Group: Member
  • KI number:00656745

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:41 PM

Thanks! That makes a ton more sense!

#9 User is offline   300happy 

• some creep who still lurks
  • KI number:00060309

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:54 PM

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on Feb 21 2010, 01:08 PM, said:

View Postonly_achenar_lover, on Feb 20 2010, 08:15 PM, said:

The Great Zero is sort of a big GPS system for the cavern (in purpose, not in methods used). If I understand it right, the various markers are scattered at somewhat set locations, so by collecting the data of where they are, your KI can calculate the Great Zero's signals to locate where you are in comparison to all of them (and so, in turn, to locate where you are in the cavern).

Oh really? I thought it was a giant Tesla Coil from my science class. Doesn't your hair stand on end when you visit? ;)

(I know what it is, I just couldn't resist the horribly electrifying attraction of posting this.)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users