MYSTcommunity: A (Possible) Interview with Brian Wrench - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

A (Possible) Interview with Brian Wrench Brian can't really come to Mysterium, so take it to him!

#1 User is offline   mysteria13 

• Douchecanoe Sequestration Expert
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:20 PM

Hey guys,

So I've been in and out of email contact with Brian Wrench, the man who played Sirrus in Myst IV: Revelation since about this time last year. As I've gone to the last two Mysterium's after speaking to him, I've been trying to convince him to come to us. Unfortunately voice acting for sociopaths is only a night job and he is pretty much unable to come to any Mysterium - so I'm planning on asking him to do an MP3 interview with me in order to have a presentation for Mysterium 2011 next year. (We've not chosen a place yet, so wherever it is, I'll be there.)

I've come up with several questions but what would *YOU* like to know? Give me a bunch, give me more than a bunch, give me a truckload! I'm doing this as if he's said yes already but he's on vacation and will not be checking his email until the end of this month so I have to wait, but better safe than sorry!

Please don't ask for his contact info, however, because while it is available I won't be the one to give it out and enable inbox flooding.

Questions, questions, questions, give me some!

M13

#2 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:01 PM

View Postmysteria13, on Aug 9 2010, 12:20 PM, said:

Hey guys,

So I've been in and out of email contact with Brian Wrench, the man who played Sirrus in Myst IV: Revelation since about this time last year. As I've gone to the last two Mysterium's after speaking to him, I've been trying to convince him to come to us. Unfortunately voice acting for sociopaths is only a night job and he is pretty much unable to come to any Mysterium - so I'm planning on asking him to do an MP3 interview with me in order to have a presentation for Mysterium 2011 next year. (We've not chosen a place yet, so wherever it is, I'll be there.)

I've come up with several questions but what would *YOU* like to know? Give me a bunch, give me more than a bunch, give me a truckload! I'm doing this as if he's said yes already but he's on vacation and will not be checking his email until the end of this month so I have to wait, but better safe than sorry!

Please don't ask for his contact info, however, because while it is available I won't be the one to give it out and enable inbox flooding.

Questions, questions, questions, give me some!

M13

Hmm, what does one ask in interviews...

Favorite line/part to act?

Favorite thing (/most interesting thing) about the character?

Prior knowledge of series?

How was the set, the clothing, the other actors (and how much did he see of them and all)?

How much flexibility were there in the lines and actions?

Did he see anything of the prior appearances of Sirrus in the series? If so, what did he think of that/develop from that?

Thoughts on rabid Sirrus fangirls? :P

#3 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:11 PM

Oooh, it would be amazing if he would do an interview. It's not often we hear from cast members outside the Cyan team. Gloa pretty much said the best questions. I'll add any if they come to me. :P

#4 User is offline   mysteria13 

• Douchecanoe Sequestration Expert
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:45 PM

Questions I have so far.
Click to reveal hidden content
Did your work as a Psychologist affect your performance of Sirrus in any way?

What made you choose to audition for the part? Did you hear of Myst before and were interested or was it just a fluke?

When did you first start voice acting? How did you get into it?

What other parts have you had? Any of them personal favorites?

How do you personally feel about the character of Sirrus?

If asked, would you play the part again? If so, would you play him differently now that you know about fan enthusiasm?

Other than myself and a few others, anyone else approach you for your work as Sirrus rather than you day job?

Did you get to meet any of the other actors (other than Guy Sprung, Achenar and Juliette Gosselin, Yeesha)?

In the unlikely event of more Myst games, would you consider playing other parts for the franchise?

What was your favorite line to say/act? Do you have a favorite character you’ve ever played, not just Sirrus.

What was your favorite thing about playing Sirrus?

What was the most interesting thing you learned about the character? How about yourself?

Any prior knowledge of the series? You said you did research and talked to the writer and director but before auditioning did you know anything about the franchise?

What was it like acting most of your lines out in front of a green screen? Did it hamper the acting process?

Was there a lot of flexibility within your lines and actions? Or was it strictly directed?

From Gehn, lord of ages: “What are you thoughts on rabid Sirrus fangirls?”

Anymore?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users