MYSTcommunity: Floor Puzzle - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Floor Puzzle Just need a tiny hint

#1 User is offline   FroggieLuvzMacs 

• rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:54 PM

Hello,
I recently bought ABM and am enjoying it immensely. BUT I have a dumb question. :D Where's the clue to solve the floor puzzle? I've been to the temple looking age and can't find anything that looks close. :D Sorry, I don't know the name of the age. :P I just need a tiny hint. :sepdet:

Froggie :P

#2 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:06868707

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:46 AM

View PostFroggieLuvzMacs, on Sep 3 2010, 05:54 AM, said:

Hello,
I recently bought ABM and am enjoying it immensely. BUT I have a dumb question. :D Where's the clue to solve the floor puzzle? I've been to the temple looking age and can't find anything that looks close. :D Sorry, I don't know the name of the age. :P I just need a tiny hint. :sepdet:

Froggie :P

This has to be in the running for toughest puzzle in all the myst games! Don't feel bad for getting a little stuck.

Here are some hints.

Look at all the pictures around the edge of the kadish temple. In Kadish Tolesa floor puzzle you have some buttons. How many? Have a play with them what do you see? Remind you of anything in the temple?

#3 User is offline   Menelmacar 

• telahm (guildsman)
  • KI number:02751833

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:18 AM

There is a clue in the temple - one of the stained glass windows resembles
Click to reveal hidden content
a view of the room from above with certain buttons pressed

- CM

#4 User is offline   FroggieLuvzMacs 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:13 PM

Ok, I think I found the right window (the one by the staircase?), and I tried to match the pattern, but nothing happens after I set the 3 buttons. :P Am I doing something wrong or did I miss something? Something is supposed to happen, right? :P
Thanks for the hints. :D

Froggie :sepdet:

#5 User is offline   Topher Bear 

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:28 PM

View PostFroggieLuvzMacs, on Sep 3 2010, 09:13 PM, said:

Ok, I think I found the right window (the one by the staircase?), and I tried to match the pattern, but nothing happens after I set the 3 buttons. :P Am I doing something wrong or did I miss something? Something is supposed to happen, right? :P
Thanks for the hints. :D

O.k. your a little closer now, but still have stuff to work out.

Have a think. What are you trying to achieve? where are you trying to go? what else can you see on the picture/window?

come back for more hints if you need them! (and you probably will, this one is almost unfair in my mind!)

Topher

#6 User is offline   Menelmacar 

• telahm (guildsman)

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:38 PM

Eh, the Pyramid puzzle is much more of a pain in the neck, in my opinion - mainly because the stained glass hint (a) doesn't resemble that puzzle any more than it does any of the others, and (b) seems to contain a lot more information than it actually does, while all the other windows contain exactly as much information as you need.

More hints, in increasing amount of specificity. (Don't open the spoilers unless you've already given thought to the corresponding question!)

1. Where is your exit?
If you've tried that door on the other side of the room, it won't open. Clearly there's still something you have to do.

2. Have you set the buttons properly?
If you have, the floor should look almost exactly as it does in the window.

3. Is there any further significance to the pattern of light on the floor?
It seems to indicate a path from your side of the room, to the door...

4. And most crucially for this puzzle especially, have you consulted Yeesha's prophecies journal on the right-hand bookshelf in your Relto?
There is a bit more to the window than may initially appear. Look for any anomalies - things that don't seem to match up. And consider that Kadish was a man of secrecy and cunning, prone to taking advantage of the instincts of his fellow D'ni, rather than a seeker of enlightenment.

----

5. Do you just want the answer?
Tough. :P But, the correct setting of buttons exposes more than one path, and a close examination of the window will reveal where you must start walking.

- CM

#7 User is offline   FroggieLuvzMacs 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:06 AM

Ok, now that I discovered I was looking at the wrong window. :P Silly me. CM, you're mean. :P But no, I didn't just want the answer. I shoulda guessed it was more complicated than it first appeared. Finally got it though. :D
Thanks everybody!

On to the next puzzle!

later

#8 User is offline   Topher Bear 

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:16 AM

View PostMenelmacar, on Sep 3 2010, 09:38 PM, said:

Eh, the Pyramid puzzle is much more of a pain in the neck, in my opinion - mainly because the stained glass hint (a) doesn't resemble that puzzle any more than it does any of the others, and (b) seems to contain a lot more information than it actually does, while all the other windows contain exactly

I agree that the pyramid window is pretty useless for solving the puzzle, but I found it pretty easy, it was fairly obvious to me. Maybe its because I was trained by watching programs like 'the adventure game' and 'the crystal maze' when I was younger, they had similar puzzles!

#9 User is offline   Menelmacar 

• telahm (guildsman)

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:04 PM

I agree that the pyramid window is pretty useless for solving the puzzle, but I found it pretty easy, it was fairly obvious to me. Maybe its because I was trained by watching programs like 'the adventure game' and 'the crystal maze' when I was younger, they had similar puzzles!

It would have been easier WITHOUT the window to serve as a distraction. :D

View PostFroggieLuvzMacs, on Sep 4 2010, 01:06 AM, said:

Ok, now that I discovered I was looking at the wrong window. :P Silly me. CM, you're mean.

I do my best. :P

:D But no, I didn't just want the answer. I shoulda guessed it was more complicated than it first appeared. Finally got it though. :bored:
Thanks everybody!

On to the next puzzle!

later

Cheers and good luck! :mad:

- CM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users